: How can I improve my latency?

Discus and support : How can I improve my latency? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : How can I improve my latency? He said he bought a wifi package which to me means it could be cellular based similar to a hotspot which is not... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by DeanWallis1, Apr 2, 2019.

1. DeanWallis1
    DeanWallis1 Guest

He said he bought a wifi package which to me means it could be cellular based similar to a hotspot which is not recommended for gaming.

:)

DeanWallis1, Apr 2, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

How can I improve my latency?

Wifi like you have is not recommended for gaming and latency is round trip time for a packet of data from you to server and back. Only way to lessen that is a better network and/or a closer server.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

As long as it's Mb/s. Capital M not lowercase m
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

He said he bought a wifi package which to me means it could be cellular based similar to a hotspot which is not recommended for gaming.
  5. zmaster2XXX Win User

As long as it's Mb/s. Capital M not lowercase m
    indeed 250mbps =/= 250Mb/s. That is a very important factor to this conversation.
  6. Gamingboy177 (Sam) Win User

A direct ethernet wire from the Router to the Xbox should easily solve this issue.
Thema:

1. : How can I improve my latency? - Similar Threads - improve latency

2. How do I improve friends suggestion to match games I play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I improve friends suggestion to match games I play: I keep getting non related friend suggestion that are broadcasters. 881048a2-1fec-49ae-885d-7085063b1a73
  3. improvement for Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    improvement for Xbox: You guys should make a update that when you have a game disc and you lose it, you can reinstall the game from the Microsoft store. This would make people like Microsoft and Xbox a lot more because...
  4. New Microsoft Solitaire Collection on Windows 10 is NOT and improvement

in XBoX on Windows
    New Microsoft Solitaire Collection on Windows 10 is NOT and improvement: I just was sucked into, not given an option even though I'm paying for the premium version, the upgraded version of the Microsoft Solitaire Collection for XBOX on Windows 10. The "upgrade" or...
  5. RED DEAD ONLINE BETA UPDATE (JAN 25, 2019) GOLD BONUS, GUN RUSH LOBBY IMPROVEMENTS AND MORE

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    RED DEAD ONLINE BETA UPDATE (JAN 25, 2019) GOLD BONUS, GUN RUSH LOBBY IMPROVEMENTS AND MORE: Gold Bonus Thank you to dedicated Red Dead Online Beta players worldwide for your continuing feedback as we work together to refine the game experience. As a token of our gratitude for your...
  6. Is there an improvement to FPS by playing non-enchaned Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One X / Xbox ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there an improvement to FPS by playing non-enchaned Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One X / Xbox ...: I'm debating wheather to buy an Xbox One S or Xbox One X. I want to play old Xbox 360 games on one of these new consoles for an increase in performance; mainly fps increase / stability. 1.) So my...
  7. Xbox Design Lab Improvement Ideas

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Design Lab Improvement Ideas: So if you're gonna call it 'Xbox Design Lab' than I think you could at least let us design an Xbox we want. Also, it would be nice to have a color wheel like on google docs or apple (money...
  8. How to improve windows 10 xbox streaming latency/input lag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to improve windows 10 xbox streaming latency/input lag?: Hello fellow gamers, I have a few questions involving the xbox app on windows 10. When streaming xbox to windows 10 I have extremely high latency. If you do not know what latency is it is the...
  9. Best router settings to improve latency/lag? Netgear R7000 Nighthalk, Qos, etc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best router settings to improve latency/lag? Netgear R7000 Nighthalk, Qos, etc.: Bottom line up front: I am in search of the settings that provide the best online experience specifically for Advanced Warfare (single xbox setup). I.E. provide the lowest latency experience. No...
  10. Improve ping / latency

in XBoX on Consoles
    Improve ping / latency: Let us work together to document things that can improve latency. With the Xbox network test we can see our ping to the same server every time. This will provide a standard for comparison. Let's...