How can I make my microsoft point gift cards apply to another account?

Discus and support How can I make my microsoft point gift cards apply to another account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, my microsoft points are getting close to getting me a gift card, i'm just wondering, since microsoft no longer send the codes, can I choose to gift... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sam J 333, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Sam J 333
    Sam J 333 Guest

Hi, my microsoft points are getting close to getting me a gift card, i'm just wondering, since microsoft no longer send the codes, can I choose to gift the card to another account as my xbox does not use this account?

:)

Sam J 333, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Buying Microsoft Points

Can I use any type of Gift Cards to purchase the Microsoft Points? For example, I pay a Gift Card for $10, so that I can buy 800 Microsoft Points ($9.99 for 800 MS Points) into my account?

Flame Haze SnS, Oct 13, 2018
  3. KristianGrey
    KristianGrey Guest
    Transferring purchases between accounts?

Hi there imgayirl,

To answer your question, we cannot transfer currency from one account to another. It's stated on the link below.

support.xbox.com/.../microsoft-points-retire-faq

You should see this part on the link

"Can I transfer currency from one Microsoft account to another?

No. Currency in your Microsoft account can't be transferred to another Microsoft account. Xbox gift cards make great gifts and can be purchased in retail locations or through any of our online retailers' websites. Xbox gift card availability varies by region."

Hope this clears it out.

KristianGrey, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Julian_
    Julian_ Guest

Hi! This is not possible. Maybe you can afterwards purchase a gift card with this account in order to send it to the account you would like to use the gift card with?

Julian_, Oct 14, 2018
  5. Sam J 333
    Sam J 333 Guest
    By the codes, I mean the gift card scratch code on the back xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. So I know it used to be possible by typing it into a different account, i'm just wondering if you could do something similar like if you have an option to send as a code rather
    than going straight to your account. THis is because I don't use my xbox on this account.

Sam J 333, Oct 14, 2018
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    You would have to try contacting Microsoft Rewards customer support to see if there is anything they can do. Otherwise,
    as stated, there is no way to send the card to another account. You could use the deposited funds to gift a game to another account though.

Smwutches, Nov 5, 2018
  7. Smwutches Win User

You would have to try contacting Microsoft Rewards customer support to see if there is anything they can do. Otherwise,
    as stated, there is no way to send the card to another account. You could use the deposited funds to gift a game to another account though.
  8. Julian_ Win User

Hi! This is not possible. Maybe you can afterwards purchase a gift card with this account in order to send it to the account you would like to use the gift card with?
  9. Sam J 333 Win User

By the codes, I mean the gift card scratch code on the back xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. So I know it used to be possible by typing it into a different account, i'm just wondering if you could do something similar like if you have an option to send as a code rather
    than going straight to your account. THis is because I don't use my xbox on this account.
  10. Prof.RN Win User

Earn points to use for a Gift Card, automatically places into MS Account - [Mod Removed – Profanity]!

I appreciate your response. But this does not apply. I know how to purchase a gift card, but I want to use the credits that were applied to my account automatically by Microsoft when I earned reward points. I earned these points using BING and playing
    the games. SO, once I earned enough points, I chose to redeem those points by purchasing a gift card. However, instead of receiving a digital code via email the way I used to, it now automatically adds the gift card amounts to my MS account. The problem
    is that I wanted the gift cards to give to someone else... not myself. What is the point of choosing a gift card option to redeem reward points if you are going to give them to yourself??????

MICROSOFT changed the way we use to be able to use the Gift cards. I now have credit in my account that I wanted to give as a GIFT. If I wanted to use the points myself, I would have chose a different reward option! The whole point of choosing GIFT CARD
    is to give! Microsoft is screwing up by changing this policy. If they think I am going to use my paypal or visa to purchase anything from them again … after this... they are crazy. I earned those points and want the GIFT CARD for a GIFT!

How do I use the credits that were applied AUTOMATICALLY to my ACCOUNT when I chose GIFT CARD using my rewards points? I want to give the credited amount to my son and granddaughter, which I used to be able to do... now I CAN'T!

I AM FURIOUS! It is Christmas Eve and I go to print out the email like I have done for the past 3 years, and it doesn't have the digital code. It has a statement about it being placed on my account. SO again, I ask.... how do I use those credits to give
    a gift card, which is what I already purchased with my REWARD POINTS! ANYONE????
  11. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

Is Microsoft Credits possible to use to buy future consoles like Project Scarlett?

If you use the points to buy microsoft gift cards you can apply those gift cards to cover some of the cost and pay the rest with PayPal, credit card, etc. Unless you have a half a million points sitting around I don't think you'll be able to get the console
    with points alone.
Thema:

1. How can I make my microsoft point gift cards apply to another account? - Similar Threads - microsoft point gift

2. How to cancel a Gift Card ordered using Microsoft Reward points and get a refund?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How to cancel a Gift Card ordered using Microsoft Reward points and get a refund?: I ordered a 5$ Chipotle Gift Card (https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/all) using 6500 Microsoft Reward points by mistake. How to cancel it and get a refund back to my rewards account?...
  3. Microsoft: Microsoft Reward Points and Redeeming Gift Cards

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Microsoft: Microsoft Reward Points and Redeeming Gift Cards: Microsoft (Routers): Microsoft Reward Points and Redeeming Gift Cards I recently ordered a $5 Xbox Live Marketplace gift card using my Microsoft Reward Points. I ordered this gift card more than a...
  4. Xbox gift card with Microsoft Points

in XBoX Rewards
    Xbox gift card with Microsoft Points: I bought a Xbox gift card with Microsoft points the other day thinking it would come in my account but boy was I was wrong. It was refunded for some reason and when it refunded, It did not even...
  5. I can't convert my microsoft rewards points to a xbox gift card even if I have enough points.

in XBoX Rewards
    I can't convert my microsoft rewards points to a xbox gift card even if I have enough points.: I have a microsoft account, and now I have enough points to convert my points to a xbox gift card, but when I try to do that, the page says that there is a problem with my account or order. Please...
  6. how do I share a microsoft gift card that I bought with my bing reward point to a family member

in XBoX Rewards
    how do I share a microsoft gift card that I bought with my bing reward point to a family member: Can any one please tell me if I can send a Bing reward gift card to family. I bought a $10,00 gift card from Microsoft thru Bing rewards but cant seem to send it to family. they ask for a credit...
  7. Using Microsoft Points to Purchase Xbox Gift Card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using Microsoft Points to Purchase Xbox Gift Card: Good morning. I am hoping that someone can help me. I have several $5 MS gift cards that I earned through the MS rewards program. I want to use these cards to purchase Xbox gift cards for my...
  8. how can i download games with microsoft points? (microsoft money gift)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how can i download games with microsoft points? (microsoft money gift): i have 10 eur on my xbox one, how can i buy for e. Titanfall, what is 7,50 eur? when i try to buy the console ask me where am i from... thanks the answers! 8c5ff8ba-7749-470a-a69b-6076083b2297
  9. Microsoft points purchased as a gift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft points purchased as a gift: Hi, a friend of mine has been on Holiday to America ( Florida, lucky sod ! ) and brought me back some Microsoft points as a gift. I'm a little worried about using the points, is it OK for me to...
  10. Microsoft Rewards $5 xbox gift card but no confirmation email. points gone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Rewards $5 xbox gift card but no confirmation email. points gone.: Today i spent my 5,000 points on a $5 gift card for xbox and never got the code in my email and now my spent points are gone. tried calling customer support but was told to post here instead and...