How can I play backwards compatible games on the xbox one s?

Discus and support How can I play backwards compatible games on the xbox one s? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've ordered a xbox one s in hope to play some old 360 games and have realised that it is an all digital console. How does backwards compatibility work... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/thedanksterman, Dec 1, 2019.

1. How can I play backwards compatible games on the xbox one s?

I've ordered a xbox one s in hope to play some old 360 games and have realised that it is an all digital console. How does backwards compatibility work on the xbox one s?

submitted by /u/thedanksterman
    [link] [comments]

/u/thedanksterman, Dec 1, 2019
  2. biggymac376 Win User

Does xbox one s allow you to play xbox 360 games online multiplayer

As an owner of an xbox one s I do play xbox 360 games with backwards compatibility. The simplest way to explain how it does this is this: the xbox one essentially opens up the xbox 360 software to be able to play the games that are backwards compatible.
    This means that you can play with people that are playing on xbox 360 using an xbox one or one s. For a list of backwards compatible games click http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Sandy

Hey there Sandy,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums with this question, you can find more information on how to play your Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One console by following the support article below.

You may also already own digital games that are backwards compatible, for this you can take a look at the following to find any backwards compatible games you might own. I will also be providing a link to the list of all backwards compatible games.

I hope this helps.
  4. Exoterror Win User

Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive

Hi,

Information regarding how to play backwards compatible games on Xbox One can be found here: https://support.xbox.com/games/backward-compatibility/play-xbox-360-games-on-xbox-one.

Did you mean that you have an Xbox One S all-digital edition? If so, then the answer is unfortunately no, and you can only play digital versions of the backwards compatible games. If you have an Xbox One S with a disc drive then you can simply pop the disc
    into the console.

I hope this helps,

5. XBF Erick C Win User

Games

Hey there!

There is many older games that you can play on your Xbox One S. Click on the following link for more information on backwards compatible games. There is a huge list of Original Xbox and Xbox 360 games.

Backwards Compatible Games

For more information on Playing Backwards Compatible games go ahead and follow the link below.

Playing backwards-compatible games on your Xbox One

I hope this helps.
  6. LegoNinja187 Win User

Would like to understand which of the xbox360 kinect games can be played on xbox one

Thema:

How can I play backwards compatible games on the xbox one s?

1. How can I play backwards compatible games on the xbox one s? - Similar Threads - play backwards compatible

2. Can't play backwards compatible games on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play backwards compatible games on xbox one: I have downloaded a few Xbox 360 games from the game pas on my Xbox one, but whenever I try to launch one of these games it fails and I get this message. Please try again. Sorry that didn't work...
  3. Why cant I play backwards compatible games on my new Xbox one X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I play backwards compatible games on my new Xbox one X?: I just recently traded in my old xbox one and got an Xbox one X two days ago but it wont let me play any xbox 360 games that I know are backwards compatible. I tried to play MW3 and MW2 which I...
  4. Backwards Compatible Request - Please I beg you I don't play games often but I love this one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatible Request - Please I beg you I don't play games often but I love this one: Hello Bill Gates & Co, May I please put in a request for The Beatles Rockband to be played on the Xbox One, we have purchased all that is required to play the game as we already play Rockband 4....
  5. Xbox 360 backwards compatible games not showing achievements when played on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 backwards compatible games not showing achievements when played on Xbox One: I was playing a 360 game on Xbox One and earned an achievement. When I checked the achievements in the Xbox One menu the game did not show up at all. I brought up the emulated 360 dashboard and it...
  6. Unable to Play Backwards Compatible Games on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Play Backwards Compatible Games on Xbox One: Does anyone know why i am unable to sign into my Xbox 360 account when playing Xbox One? Whenever I try to sign in, the screen says that it's loading, but it never actually loads. I'd appreciate...
  7. xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,...: when either are inserted it shows original xbox logo for a second then this message: [img] i bought this xbox second hand last year, and havent touched the hard drive so im assuming they...
  8. Why do I keep getting disconnected from Xbox live when playing backwards compatible games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from Xbox live when playing backwards compatible games...: Can anyone suggest why I keep getting randomly disconnected from Xbox Live when playing backwards compatible Xbox 360 titles on my Xbox One even though my Xbox One is still connected to Xbox Live?...
  9. Xbox one won’t play backwards compatibility discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won’t play backwards compatibility discs: hello so my xbox one will not play any of my xbox 360 discs that are backwards compatible. However it plays regular dvds and all of my blue-rays and xbox one games....
  10. Can't Login to Xbox Live playing backwards compatible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Login to Xbox Live playing backwards compatible?: Hello, I just decided to randomly try and play some Modern Warfare 3 but when I went to click on the game to launch it up it wouldn't let me log in to my account. It says "A problem occurred...