How can I recover a lost account?

Discus and support How can I recover a lost account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; This is less of a question but more of a call for help. My main Microsoft account has been closed. Basically, my password for this account no longer... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by QuacksXD, Aug 4, 2019.

1. QuacksXD
    QuacksXD Guest

This is less of a question but more of a call for help. My main Microsoft account has been closed. Basically, my password for this account no longer works. Since I put it in a few to many times my account no longer let's me change my password. And to make
    matters worse I have no access to the email, making it impossible to do the whole "re-verification process" 100% effectively. It is currently impossible to access this account and I need it back. There are some things on that account that me, as a gamer, find
    really important. So either someone please tell me how to recover the account or at the very least, help me bring this issue to a Microsoft assistant. Thank you for your time.

:)

QuacksXD, Aug 4, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there QuacksXD,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums in regards to the account you are attempting to recover. I understand that you are attempting to get into your account for specific reasons, these are accounts that we spend countless hours on. With that being
    said, the only way to recover these accounts is going to be through the self help options we have online, I will link them below just incase you are missing anything.

If you are able to recover your account then I would advise that you update your security information so that you never run into this problem again. It is always a good idea to keep this information updated just incase a password is ever forgotten.

I hope this helps.
  3. aMexicanErb Win User

I had this happen to me one time, it is a pain when it happens, follow the information the Microsoft agent gave you and you should be fine! make sure once you get in to set up a back up email address!
  4. Battle Torn Win User

How can I recover my lost money?

That is what I have done. Although I don't feel too good about letting this go.

I had the hardest time having them take it off his account; because they wanted him to call.

But It's hard to get someone else to cancel something they are getting for free! (the reason this can come to my attention now, is because he has finally had his internet reconnected to be astounted to find he still has Gold membership)
  5. Battle Torn Win User

How did I not notice the charges?

That is where it gets even more complicated (to almost disbelief)

the reason I haven't been checking my statements, is because my CC is brand new.

And the CC that I did all this with was set to expire the exact month I paid for the 1-month.

I thought that there was no need to worry for the subcription would have to cancel, for how would they charge my new CC.

It turns out that XboxLive has managed to force the charge through, and have the subcription follow onto my new CC.

So I asked them why they would be able to charge me without have proper, up-to-date CC info. They said because we didn't want to completely cancel your subcription.

Visa has said they won't refuse charges unless I have written agreement that I refused monthly renewal.
  6. onyxishere Win User

The only way you'll get your money back on this is to have your friend pay you back. Also, if it has been a few months how could you have not noticed the charges coming off your card. Do you not read the invoices the credit card company sends you?
Thema:

1. How can I recover a lost account? - Similar Threads - recover lost account

2. Recovering a completely lost account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering a completely lost account: Many years ago between around 2008 and 2013 I had and regularly used an account on the 360 but it was using an email that will be now unreachable due to the company in question going under. Fast...
  3. I lost my reward points when my account was recovered. Can I get them back?

in XBoX Rewards
    I lost my reward points when my account was recovered. Can I get them back?: Question is in the title, is it possible? Thanks, Ryan 68edc2fb-d0a7-4cfb-84a8-750f806aa7ef
  4. Lost reward points when my account was recovered

in XBoX Rewards
    Lost reward points when my account was recovered: I lost all my reward points when my account was recovered, what can i do? Thanks, Ryan 1103e8e6-222f-4f72-9579-3b62cbf0820b
  5. How do I recover a lost email address for a microsoft account (I know the xbox gamertag)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I recover a lost email address for a microsoft account (I know the xbox gamertag)?: Hello there, we got a problem with recovering the email address of our second microsoft account we just use for gaming. We know the gamertag, but we tried and used every method, which the...
  6. Account Recovered But Some Games lost

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account Recovered But Some Games lost: Hi, I recently had my old account hijacked and have got it recovered (10/10 for your costumer support on that issue, thanks a lot). In the process most of my games have been transferred across,...
  7. Recover Lost Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover Lost Account: I've went through all the steps I can to recover my account but I can't remember the email. I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried to call xbox support as well and got no where. Please...
  8. Hello, I need help recovering an old Xbox LIVE account which I lost when my console was stolen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I need help recovering an old Xbox LIVE account which I lost when my console was stolen.: My name is Hunter Black, and around 5 years ago, my house was robbed, and among other things that were lost, I lost my Xbox 360 and the account that was loaded onto it. Now, I'm looking into ways...
  9. Trying to recover lost account(s)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to recover lost account(s): Hello , i've been playing games on xbox for about a decade now and i usually only play if i have friends over as i've gotten a pc and switched due to some issue's with xbox. Over the decade i've...
  10. Help with recovering lost accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with recovering lost accounts: Okay so i'm on here because live chat isn't working and wont let me fill out First Name and Last Name for some reason. I stopped playing Xbox 360 about 3 years ago and now i'm thinking of...