How can I separate a Microsoft Account from an Xbox account whilst keeping all I've...

Discus and support How can I separate a Microsoft Account from an Xbox account whilst keeping all I've... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am planning on moving out soon, and my mother wishes my Xbox account to be removed from her Microsoft account. Is that possible without losing all... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RaccoBoi, Apr 18, 2020.

1. RaccoBoi
    RaccoBoi Guest

How can I separate a Microsoft Account from an Xbox account whilst keeping all I've...

I am planning on moving out soon, and my mother wishes my Xbox account to be removed from her Microsoft account.

Is that possible without losing all of my data on Xbox (achievements, purchases, etc.), while letting her keep all of her data for Microsoft (Windows 10, Dropbox, etc.)? Basically, I'd be replacing her Microsoft account with another, but she will still have
    access to hers and her data.

:)

RaccoBoi, Apr 18, 2020
  2. RaccoBoi Win User

How can I separate a Microsoft Account from an Xbox account whilst keeping all I've achieved on Xbox and keeping the account data on Microsoft in separate accounts?

Would it be possible to transfer my mom's Microsoft stuff to another account?

That way I can keep the current microsoft account and she can have all of her microsoft stuff elsewhere?
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

How can I separate a Microsoft Account from an Xbox account whilst keeping all I've achieved on Xbox and keeping the account data on Microsoft in separate accounts?

Unfortunately there is not anyway to do what you are wanting to do.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

How to use two xbox one at the same time?

If they both have separate gamer profiles/accounts you can set one Xbox as Home Xbox and the other with the Xbox Live account holder signed in. This means that anyone can login and game on the Home Xbox using the Xbox Live subscription whilst the live
    account is signed out. The other Xbox can share Live if the account with the subscription is signed in. Here's a link to how it works https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  5. Peter R Fleming Win User

Move xbox account to a different live account

Hi, unfortunately, there is no way to separate an Xbox account from a Microsoft Account.
  6. DanInRockies Win User

Move son to his own account

Thank you all for your replies.

I do not play Xbox One, so I was not sure how the account structure works. It turns out he did have his own account, but when logging into my Microsoft account from my PC, his email / account showed up within mine. In addition, every purchase he made was
    going onto my credit card (with my approval at the time).

When we went to the Xbox and he removed himself from the family group, he is now able to use his own credit card on his account and keep it separate from my Microsoft account.

Sorry I wrote my question poorly, as the above is all I was trying to accomplish.
Thema:

1. How can I separate a Microsoft Account from an Xbox account whilst keeping all I've... - Similar Threads - separate Microsoft Account

2. i dont know when this was but thank you for separating friends and broadcasts notifications

in XboX Insiders
    i dont know when this was but thank you for separating friends and broadcasts notifications: that is all submitted by /u/lcg22 [link] [comments]
  3. How to separate accounts.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to separate accounts.: When I first made my XBL account around 10 years ago, it was on my moms email account. Later when I wanted my own email on the account I made one and I beleive its an alias. All of the information...
  4. Separating one Microsoft account into two (XBOX & Parents email)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Separating one Microsoft account into two (XBOX & Parents email): 10 years ago I set up an XBOX 360 for my then 7 year old son using my Hotmail email address. Fast forward to now and the combined nature of email/XBOX being an all in one Microsoft account my now...
  5. Can you separate your xbox account from your microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you separate your xbox account from your microsoft account?: Hi, Back when I was little my parents got me an xbox 360 and made me an xbox live account but under my mom's email. For then that was fine but now I'm older and I just saw the Halo Master Chief...
  6. Separating my son's xbox profile from my Microsoft account to enable family screen time control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Separating my son's xbox profile from my Microsoft account to enable family screen time control: I have microsoft account, my son has always used it for his Xbox with passwords for settings update and purchases etc. He is now playing far too much fortnight and I want to set screen times under...
  7. How do I separate xbox from Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I separate xbox from Microsoft account?: I created an xbox account years ago, when my son was younger, and I guess it is tied to my Microsoft account. Now he is old enough to play xbox Live, but I've realized that I really want the xbox...
  8. Advice Needed: Downside to having a separate Microsoft account ONLY for gaming???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Advice Needed: Downside to having a separate Microsoft account ONLY for gaming???: A long story, but I am buying my first XBOX, but my little brother's XBOX profile (from when he had 360 8-years ago and I didn't play video games) is permanently linked to my Microsoft account....
  9. Separate Xbox Live from Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Separate Xbox Live from Microsoft Account: So I'm getting divorced and my now ex husband and i have always shared one Xbox account attached to my Microsoft account, no issues. But I game very little and he wants to keep all his progress...
  10. Want to separate one xbox 360 account from my microsoft account and add another

in XBoX on Consoles
    Want to separate one xbox 360 account from my microsoft account and add another: Hi there, not sure about this being the perfect place for this, but ima try. I made an xbox live profile 2 years ago while abroad. I made the mistake of linking my hotmail address to it. When i...