How can I uninstall the XBox App? I am looking for my memory space on my laptop.

Discus and support How can I uninstall the XBox App? I am looking for my memory space on my laptop. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I never use Xbox, and am hurting for storage space. I tried to uninstall it, but can't. Why not? Is there another way?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SandyHoward1, Jul 1, 2019.

1. SandyHoward1
    SandyHoward1 Guest

How can I uninstall the XBox App? I am looking for my memory space on my laptop.

I never use Xbox, and am hurting for storage space. I tried to uninstall it, but can't. Why not? Is there another way?

:)

SandyHoward1, Jul 1, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

If you are using the latest version of Windows 10 (may 2019 1903 update), you right click the Xbox app/Console companion and select uninstall. Earlier versions of Windows 10 will not let you uninstall the app.
  3. Jurgen1488 Win User

This application is part of OS Win 10, you will not delete this application.
  4. Gimpy_P Win User

Just FYI, the file size for the app is tiny, seriously. You won't recover a noticible amount of space deleting it.
  5. Geth Win User

Don't think you can. Sorry
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Sandy

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

In order for you to uninstall the Xbox App from you laptop, you will have to use PowerShell commands, which will use an interface similar to the Command Prompt.

This can be done by following these steps:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell in the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.

This sequence should allow you to be able to remove the app altogether.

If you are still running into issues after this, I would recommend posting this in the

Windows Forums
    , as they would better be able to assist you with removing applications on Windows operating systems.
Thema:

1. How can I uninstall the XBox App? I am looking for my memory space on my laptop. - Similar Threads - uninstall App looking

2. Unable to uninstall Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to uninstall Xbox app: I have a laptop with limited processor and hard drive capacity so I need to strip out any unnecessary apps or features. Microsoft included xBox in the Windows 10 install and it is resisting my...
  3. Uninstalling the Xbox "Console Companion" app

in XBoX on Windows
    Uninstalling the Xbox "Console Companion" app: I used the old Xbox app to keep track of mates and the Windows games I play. Now that it's been turned into a "console companion" why is it not uninstallable? I don't have an Xbox and there is no...
  4. Can't uninstall a game from the xbox beta app for pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can't uninstall a game from the xbox beta app for pc: I've encountered a curious issue: after finishing Metro Exodus, I tried uninstalling it. It seemed to uninstall without issue, however the next time I fire up the xbox app it shows back up in my...
  5. uninstall xbox one apps does not remove

in XBoX on Windows
    uninstall xbox one apps does not remove: I had a xbox one. I no longer have it. fdccc7fe-1a0d-4ea9-abbe-10ed104028be
  6. Not able to sign into Xbox Windows 10 app at all. Did all advanced steps, uninstalled, ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Not able to sign into Xbox Windows 10 app at all. Did all advanced steps, uninstalled, ...: Haven't been able to sign into my Xbox on Windows 10 app since the last service outage. Was receiving the "0xbba" error, now receiving the error: "0x409 0x80080005". I've done all the Services ->...
  7. Uninstalling XBox app from a PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Uninstalling XBox app from a PC: I am trying to uninstall the Xbox app from my PC, but the 'uninstall' button is greyed out, so I cannot remove it. Any tips on how to remove it please? 5098208b-0033-49cc-9a7f-52dd687403d7
  8. All my apps uninstalled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All my apps uninstalled: So i logged in to my Xbox account and all of my games were uninstalled I've never had this problem before but I've spent all night reinstalling them once they are back will all my progress and my...
  9. How to uninstall apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to uninstall apps: You must go to my games and apps.Once you are on the game you would like to uninstall press the select button on whatever game you would like to uninstall. Once you have done that it should give...
  10. Uninstalling unwanted apps like xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uninstalling unwanted apps like xbox: How can I unistall the unwanted bloatware Windows hides how to uninstall? 65226d25-e2a6-4596-8100-72ba72901ae2