How can I unpair new Xbox One controller from console?

Discus and support How can I unpair new Xbox One controller from console? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this is the exact same question as here:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Adam77K, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Adam77K
    Adam77K Guest

So this is the exact same question as here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ess-xbox/65e9c144-a882-48a3-80aa-ba6bf8cf916b

However none of the answers on that were remotely helpful.

Here's the problem. I have an original Xbox One with two original controllers. They are paired with the console and work fine, no problems.

I bought a new Xbox One controller with the wireless adaptor for windows 10. This was for use with my gaming PC and as it's bluetooth compatible, with my iPad too. It was NOT intended for use with the Xbox.

It was working fine for both but one day my son had picked it up and was trying to use it with the xbox. I didn't realise it was my controller, as they look so similar. I thought one of the usual controllers had a problem. He was getting upset so I paired
    it with the Xbox for him.

Now I can't use it for anything else! The PC is in the same room as the Xbox and where I usually use the iPad. As soon as I turn on the controller, the Xbox turns on and that's it, the controller won't pair with anything else.

There's no option to remove device on the Xbox. I've tried to remove the device from the PC and re-pair but it just won't find it now. So now the brand new controller is effectively useless except as a spare controller on the console.

Some responses suggested pair it with a new console to override this pairing. What am I going to buy a new console so I can use my controller with the PC, as it was designed to be able to do, and worked fine?? Am I going to buy another new controller for
    the same reason? Just because MS developers didn't think the design through and consider this scenario?

Every other wireless peripheral on PCs and tablets has a Remove or a "forget this device" option! Why should the Xbox One be any different? This is ridiculous!

:)

Adam77K, Feb 16, 2020
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

How do i unassign a headset from my Xbox One?

Hi Jamie,

If holding the power button on the headset does not unpair the headset to the Xbox, then the headset was probably not design to be able to unpair but only be paired to another Xbox. Since it uses the same connection as the Xbox One controllers, it may act
    the same way in that you can't necessarily unpair your controller from your Xbox, you can only pair the controller with another console. The controller will always try and find the console it last connected to or a new console searching for a controller to
    pair, and the headset probably behaves in this same manner. It seems like if an unpair feature was available, it would be a button on the headset or a specific sequence but that would be something you would need to contact SteelSeries about.
  3. Adam77K Win User

Just using the sync button as you describe didn't work. The controller would not pair with the PC again while the xbox was on. I presume because it had an active pairing with the xbox which overruled everything else. The silver xbox button just flashed
    for several minutes without anything happening.

I had to unplug the xbox so it could not switch itself on when the controller was turned on, then pair with the PC.
  4. ET3rNi7Y GreeN Win User

Utilizza il cavo usb se puoi se no basta che tocchi il tasto di sincronizzazione vicino alla porta usb micro
  5. Adam77K Win User

Yes of course I've tried the sync button. I've been able to sync it back with my PC when the Xbox is turned off.
  6. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Have you tried unplugging your xbox then trying to sync back to your PC? If it never connects to the xbox might let you pair it with a different device
Thema:

1. How can I unpair new Xbox One controller from console? - Similar Threads - unpair controller console

2. Xbox One Controllers losing connection pervasively

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controllers losing connection pervasively: My xbox one has become unplayable as both of my controllers are constantly disconnecting or they are connected (the xbox light is solid on them) and they cease to work. Steps I've done to...
  3. Dead-zone issues on Xbox OneS controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dead-zone issues on Xbox OneS controller: My xbox one controller doesn't have a dead-zone configuration setting, and my controller is very delayed. I've tried fixing the deadzone on settings but this option won't appear. The only time...
  4. ELITE SERIES 2 CONSTANTLY UNPAIRING

in XBoX on Consoles
    ELITE SERIES 2 CONSTANTLY UNPAIRING: I have had the series 2 since launch and here lately while playing the controller just magically unpairs and the screen comes up " Your controller is no longer active" I have to sit there for...
  5. Unpair / forget / unasign headset from Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unpair / forget / unasign headset from Xbox one: I recently purchased steelseries arctis 9x and use it for both pc and xbox. It is really bugging me that it powers on the xbox when I turn it on and connects to the xbox when I want to use it...
  6. unpair a headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    unpair a headset: I have the turtle beach stealth 700 headset paired to my xbox, but id like to be able to disconnect it from xbox and use it with my pc when im not on xbox one. I have it bluetoothed to my pc, but...
  7. How do I unsync / unpair / disconnect a wireless Xbox One controller from the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I unsync / unpair / disconnect a wireless Xbox One controller from the console: Hi, I hope someone can post a solution for this as it's a little frustrating and strange. It can't be the first time someone has asked this question. I found only one other post on this and it...
  8. Xbox one controller on AndroidTV disconnects/unpairs after reboot or sleep

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox one controller on AndroidTV disconnects/unpairs after reboot or sleep: Setup: ------ Xbox one controller (Bluetooth version) Sony XBR55X900E (or any X900E) smart TV with AndroidTV (v7.0) ------ Sorry for the long post.... TLDR at end The good: I am able to...
  9. Devices keep unpairing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Devices keep unpairing: I have an official Xbox One wireless controller with a rechargable battery pack that I always keep at full charge. I have a Turtle Beach stealth 600 wireless headset that I also keep fully...
  10. YouTube App can be controlled by unpaired Android Tablet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube App can be controlled by unpaired Android Tablet: I can have my Xbox One playing a game, watching Netflix, or on the home screen. Then my brother can load his YouTube app on his android tablet and hit a button and have it launch the video in the...