How can my son use Game Pass on his PC?

Discus and support How can my son use Game Pass on his PC? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello! My son (age 12) wants to use Game Pass for PC on his computer. However, I have not found a way to purchase the Game Pass plan so he can use it.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AndersOlofsson5, Nov 9, 2019.

1. How can my son use Game Pass on his PC?

Hello!

My son (age 12) wants to use Game Pass for PC on his computer. However, I have not found a way to purchase the Game Pass plan so he can use it. He is logged in to his computer with his own Windows ID, which is connected as a family member to my account.
    We tried to purchase the Game Pass using his account, but it was not possible, since he is a kid.

I then bought Game Pass for PC through my own account on my PC instead, and thought I could somehow allow him to use it as a family member. Not possible.

I understand that we can use my Windows ID to log in on his computer, and then it will work. But surely there must be a way for him to play, without having to switch accounts on his computer?

Hope someone can help me (us)!

/Anders

:)

AndersOlofsson5, Nov 9, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi AndersOlofsson5,

Than you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to try and help.

If you want to purchase Xbox Game Pass for PC for your son, then your son will also need a Microsoft Account, not just a local user account you made for him on Windows. Once the Microsoft Account is made for him, you will need to login to the Microsoft Store
    app using his account and purchase it that way. If he's not allowed to using his Microsoft Account to purchase items in the Microsoft Store because of age restrictions, then the parental account would need to allow the purchase by logging in once to allow
    the purchase.

To add a member to your family group:

1. Go to
      family.microsoft.com
    2. Sign in with your Microsoft account, then select
      Add a family member
    3. Select Child or Adult.
    4. Type an email address or mobile phone number for the person you want to add. If your child:
      • Has a Microsoft account, use the email address associated with that account.
      • Doesn't have a Microsoft account, select Create one for them. If your child has a local account on your PC, use the email associated with that account. To find it, select
        Start > Settings > Accounts
        > Your info. If the account was set up with an email address, you'll see it under the child's name.

While your son is logged into his Microsoft Account in the Microsoft Store, he should be able to purchase the subscription if there is a valid payment option on his account or if he has any credits in his Microsoft balance.
  3. colinmc23 Win User

0x87DD0019 code.

Hi, I just got the xbox one with COD Ghosts. There is my profile and my son's, i was thinking we could progress separately through the game.

However, when my son was playing he got signed out and the code above resulted.

Because of this he lost all his progress and it seemed whichever one of us is signed in the game has reset to my checkpoint.

Can someone clarify how the profiles work especially when kinect is involved in signing people in and passing the controller? Thanks.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

xbox live - how to get family access?

Hello kablooie29,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in knowing how your younger son can utilize your older son's Xbox Live Gold subscription without having your older son log in to his account first. There is a feature on
    the Xbox One called
    my home Xbox
    . This allows a single account to share it's games, Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass to all other accounts on the console. Your older son will need to log in to his account to set this up, but once it is completed he will no longer need to
    log in to his account to share the features. The article we provided explains the feature and how to set it up. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. DOBBIN64 Win User

BF3 Online Pass

i think the pass is console specific . i entered the code on my xbox and when my son comes over from his mums with his gamertag on a thumb drive he can also use the online multiplayer .
  6. MartinCape Win User

Xbox Game Share Stops Working

Is it correct that when im signed out, my son cannot download any games from game pass?

As it says join game pass and join live etc on his account. But, up to now, the already downloaded game pass games load up and he can play online.
Thema:

1. How can my son use Game Pass on his PC? - Similar Threads - son Game Pass

2. Unwanted game save sync from sons Xbox account to my Microsoft store PC account

in XBoX on Windows
    Unwanted game save sync from sons Xbox account to my Microsoft store PC account: So this might take a bit to explain. I don't own a xbox, my son does at his mums house. Due to xbox game pass currently being a great price for PC I decided to give it a go. My son had...
  3. How can I set it up so my son can play the games that I have downloaded onto the PC using...

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I set it up so my son can play the games that I have downloaded onto the PC using...: My teen son just bought a new gaming PC. His Microsoft profile accurately reflects his age (under 18) and I have him set up as a family member both in my Microsoft profile and in the xbox one...
  4. pre ordered call of duty modern warfare 2/ dose not allow me to share the game with my son

in XBoX Games and Apps
    pre ordered call of duty modern warfare 2/ dose not allow me to share the game with my son: To whom it may concern, I purchased the COD game with intentions of sharing the game with my son and it dose not allow me to share with my son. Very upset requesting a refund or if u can fix the...
  5. Ryse: Son of Rome In-Game Gold Currently Free

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ryse: Son of Rome In-Game Gold Currently Free: I checked to see if anyone had noticed this or not, but I discovered today that purchases of Gold for former Ryse: Son of Rome is currently free in the Microsoft store. I know this is an older...
  6. In-Game Gold Is Free For Ryse: Son of Rome Players. My Question, is this official or can I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In-Game Gold Is Free For Ryse: Son of Rome Players. My Question, is this official or can I...: Hello people, as the headline says, is it safe to get free in-game gold for Ryse: Son of Rome or can you be banished here, get the Risk to be banned? It is free at the Microsoft Store at the...
  7. Why are my downloaded games on sons xbox as well??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my downloaded games on sons xbox as well??: Hello, I have a family account of which I am the adult both me and my son has an xbox one. Just recently all of downloaded game library has appeared on my son's xbox which has me concerned. If...
  8. Ryse, Son of Rome, no money reward after game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ryse, Son of Rome, no money reward after game: For some time now im not getting any gold after im done playing on level in the arena. Any one have an idea what this problem is? It just wont add to what i have. Thanks!!!...
  9. Ryse Son of Rome not awarding gold after completing online games (Xbox One)(Cannot get any...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ryse Son of Rome not awarding gold after completing online games (Xbox One)(Cannot get any...: I am encountering a problem with Ryse Son of Rome on the Xbox One not crediting the awarded gold after completing multiplayer games. The prompt when finishing a game displays: WARNING The Xbox...
  10. Different game saves for me and my son

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Different game saves for me and my son: I am new to xbox one and me and my son both play on the same console. We also both are playing Just Cause 3. Is there a way that we can each have our own game saves? I have tried to start a new...