How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not!

Discus and support How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm really upset about this one, I'm not particularly used to buying things online and just wanted to do something nice for my kids during this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SheridanHalls, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:03 AM.

1. How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not!

I'm really upset about this one, I'm not particularly used to buying things online and just wanted to do something nice for my kids during this lockdown. So I purchased 3000 rocket league credits. There was an error code though so I had to try again, and
    it didn't seem like it had worked so I tried again, then a 4th time, and the error code came up again, and a 5th time.... so I thought I would leave the purchase screen and it turns out it had actually worked on 3 of those occasions!!! So now I've spent £60
    on 9000 credits (3*3000), at a time when honestly I think all of us are a bit worried about money.

I make sure that my kids don't spend it, they are careful and they only spend out of the initial 3000 that we bought so that there should be no issue with refunding the mistakenly bought 2. In fact they only spent 1200 credits, 1000 on rocket pass, and
    200 on a mohawk topper.

I speak to Live Support and they said that that should be fine, there should be no problems with the refund as I haven't used the product. They also said just to make sure that I didn't accidentally spend anything of the 6000 that was accidentally purchased!

So I send in the refund request, but just for the 2 purchases, and I am told the following "We can’t provide a refund to this request. Our refund policy does not allow
    refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed. Thanks for understanding."

Clearly this must be a mistake! But I don't see anywhere I can click to "appeal" or "reply". I tried to request a refund again but it isn't possible at it says it is denied.

Is there something I can do? I can't find anything, and really very upset about this. It felt like quite an expensive purchase already, but with the kids struggling with this whole lockdown I wanted to give them something nice at least, and now it has
    turned in to a bit of a nightmare.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

:)

SheridanHalls, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:03 AM
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not!

You reply to the email that was sent to you, stating that you weren't getting a refund.

Also some digital in game currency are non refundable.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

To appeal to the decision, you reply to the email that you got, explaining what happened in detail, that way they may change their minds and give you the refund.
  4. BRANDON LEE2131 Win User

This is bs . I bought a digital game and it gave me the trial version. 4 yrs later after countless calls and requests. Nothing. Xbox refund request is a joke and its geared to frustrate you and to rip you off. I love xbox but now after ive figured out
    theyre thieves im not so sure so im filing a police report for theft over 50. Xbox steals its loyal customers money.
  5. PTrain74 Win User

Refund appeal

Ok, if your purchase that you want to refund has been purchased after 14 days, then yoy cant refund it, Microsoft only refunds you if the purchase has been made under 14 days i hope this helps you
    I applied for the refund on one of the two transactions just a few hours after it went through (as soon as I noticed that the money had left my account twice). They just said no. Which frankly isn't even legal under contract law.
  6. Agent Focs Win User

How do I appeal a suspension?

http://enforcement.xbox.com/home/howto#sub-topic0-0

Check out the link above, sign in on the account suspended, and file a case review.

Enforcement does not have a chat support or phone support besides this, and are the only department able to assist you with this.

Best of luck!
Thema:

1. How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not! - Similar Threads - appeal incorrect refund

2. Is there an appeal system/ support email

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there an appeal system/ support email: I have some play anywhere games on disc. i am heavily pissed off that i can't get them on my pc. is there any official email etc that i can complain on? I feel like i paid for a game that i can't...
  3. Ban Appeal / Unfair Communication Ban

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ban Appeal / Unfair Communication Ban: Hey, so I was playing a game of Rainbow 6 when some dude sent me a message saying 'trash', and I told him to [mod removed-profanity] off, [mod removed-profanity] . Now personally, I feel like he...
  4. Refund appeal

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refund appeal: My 6 year old daughter accientally purchased 10,000 ROBUX points (cost £99.99) for the Roblox game on my XBOX ONE which is connected to my paypal account. Obviously she didnt realise she had done...
  5. Ban Appeal

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ban Appeal: Topic: Ban Appeal from Communications Reason: Inappropriate Language I am deeply sorry for using a rude word against a fellow community member at the time I guess I wasn’t thinking straight and...
  6. Xbox Enforcement Appeal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Enforcement Appeal: About 2 days ago, I was communication banned for a week. I took a quiz to become eligible for an appeal on enforcement.xbox.com. It's been 2 days and it still says, "under review." How long does...
  7. how do i appeal my xbox live suspension

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i appeal my xbox live suspension: I have been suspended for 7 days when i got reported by someone whose been cyberbullying me for the past 5 months I would like to appeal my suspension but i dont know how...
  8. Appeal an xbox live suspension

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Appeal an xbox live suspension: Revenge kick out for no reason. 9a1d7c2c-1078-4dc6-a0de-238175cfddfa
  9. Ban appeal for gamer picture

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ban appeal for gamer picture: Id Iike some help as your algorithm does not engage real people. I was banned for use of a gamer pic that was not offensive was submitted by a troll online. Id like some justified help and...
  10. I believe that I was incorrectly banned and I would like to appeal the ban and hopefully ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I believe that I was incorrectly banned and I would like to appeal the ban and hopefully ...: [img] 09780641-cad0-49ca-bc84-93478742b75f