How do I change emails between 2 microsoft accounts?

Discus and support How do I change emails between 2 microsoft accounts? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; To put it simply, I have 2 Xbox "Gamertags" or "accounts" and would like to swap the emails on them. Both emails are regularly used so I would like... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Coal45, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Coal45
    Coal45 Guest

To put it simply, I have 2 Xbox "Gamertags" or "accounts" and would like to swap the emails on them.

Both emails are regularly used so I would like to keep them both intact. My xbox live account has my brother's email which I have used for close to 12 years now and it's time to use another email.

Or if I could at the very least remove the email from my xbox live account without having to close the email out. From my understanding, if you go to make a new alias and make that the primary, and try to remove the other email, it will completely delete
    it altogether and not allow you to use outlook on it.

The other issue is one of my other email addresses were broken into and somebody made a random xbox live account from that email address and I cannot figure out how to delete the gamertag and completely disassociate it from the email without closing the
    account out.

This has been so frustrating, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Coal45, Apr 22, 2020
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

When a Xbox profile is attached to a MS account it is attached to that particular account.

The email that is used for that MS account can be changed.

The thing is this IF the Email address that is associated with the MS account is a MS server email then if you follow the link in the post that T3chnlgydude posted and remove the email it will be DELETED FOREVER and you will not be able to get it back.
  3. pawncrackers Win User

Hi there,

Regrettably, there is no way to change the original email associated with a Microsoft account.

I legally changed my name a few years ago and found this out, so had to set an alias. If you set an alias, you will still need to retain the original email account information, for as long as you use the account.

Hope this helps,

L
  4. Coal45 Win User

Is there any way of doing this without actually deleting them? There's no way that these are forever sealed in stone with the xbox live account they are attached to.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

6. Coal45 Win User

As I said in the original post, I would like to know if there is a way to remove the emails without DELETING them.
Thema:

1. How do I change emails between 2 microsoft accounts? - Similar Threads - change emails between

2. Changing emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing emails: For years now my son has been using my Microsoft account for his Xbox account and we are now looking to change the email associated with the Xbox account. I know how to add an email to my...
  3. Changing my xbox one email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing my xbox one email: I have an email address associated with my xbox but the email provider no longer exists. I need to replace the email with my current but I cant. When logged on to Windows online I try adding an...
  4. changing email account andname

in XBoX Games and Apps
    changing email account andname: We purchased an XBOX ONE for my son at Christmas but unfortunately, he started using it with my email. He has built up Fortnite levels and made some on-line purchases. I need to change the email...
  5. Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore: I switched from a gmail.com account to an outlook.com for my primary address in the Microsoft account and now login to XBOX game pass seems bugged. I can't login in any way, I already tried to...
  6. I cant change my xbox email

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant change my xbox email: Currently my email is under the domain "@xboxlivefamily.com" which no longer exists. Im able to sign into xbox but I can't access my emails or anything else. When I try to change my email it tells...
  7. How do you change your redeem code of gift card email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you change your redeem code of gift card email?: Both my son and myself changed our primary email address around 5 months or so ago and deleted the old email addresses' details. When redeeming a gift card - whether on my account or my son's, it...
  8. I NEED TO SWAP OR CHANGE MY ACCOUNT EMAIL BECAUSE OF FRAUD

in XBoX on Consoles
    I NEED TO SWAP OR CHANGE MY ACCOUNT EMAIL BECAUSE OF FRAUD: I need information on how to change my email account for Microsoft concerning my Xbox game system I already completed that process all of the internet however is not responding on my game system...
  9. My xbox live account has been hacked and the hacker has changed my email, what can I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox live account has been hacked and the hacker has changed my email, what can I do?: Recently my Xbox live account Escobar IX8781 has been lost and hacked. Stupidly I gave my login to someone and they changed and deleted my recovery emails and deleted my outlook email so now I...
  10. Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email: Yesterday I decided to change the primary mail address (After being annoyed for some time that they don't even support plus-aliased mail addresses), and had to find out that I was automatically...