How do I change my "Content Restrictions."

Discus and support How do I change my "Content Restrictions." in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm 19 years old and I have Game Pass, I'm trying to purchase an M-Rated game through Game Pass, but it's just telling me that the game's beyond my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SpotStar, Jun 11, 2021.

1. SpotStar
    SpotStar Guest

I'm 19 years old and I have Game Pass, I'm trying to purchase an M-Rated game through Game Pass, but it's just telling me that the game's beyond my "Content Restrictions." How do I remove the restriction?

I'm using Windows 10 for those who need that kind of info

:)

SpotStar, Jun 11, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @SpotStar!

You will have to adjust the family settings to allow purchases of premium content under privacy settings. Please try logging into Microsoft Family Safety using your Xbox account. This page should show whether your account is part of a family or not. If it is, you should have an option to leave the family group. However, If you don't, please Contact us | Xbox Support.
  3. BLOOD KILLERX4 Win User

How to put parental controls onto an account without deleting it?

i can not buy games i need a parent to change my restrictions of games. how do i do it?????
  4. CharlesFlancher Win User

xbox one main owner always have to log in before others can play

Content Restrictions I had set to 17 I believe.

I am pretty sure that my Xbox one is home console. thanks. I will check on the content restrictions, but the restrictions have not changed other than allowing them to play multiple games online - add friends and a few more items that they needed for xbox
    live
  5. King Corbino Win User

unrated content

Medium bloke how do I change the age restrictions?
  6. TurboSlayer10 Win User

Xbox keeps asking for permission for me to use Cortana

It says that Cortana is above my content restrictions but when I checked my content restrictions it said that my Access to content was Unrestricted.
Thema:

1. How do I change my "Content Restrictions." - Similar Threads - change Content Restrictions

2. Changed WiFi network and lost game content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed WiFi network and lost game content: I recently changed WiFi networks and it seems some games need to be reinstalled. I bought a Hitman 1,2 GOTY upgrade a while back but now it is saying I need to get access to a lot of content I...
  3. Error Code 0x80070005 when trying to change where i want content saved

in XBoX on Windows
    Error Code 0x80070005 when trying to change where i want content saved: whenever i try to change the download location on the Xbox app it says, "this location isn't set up for installing games." when I select the option to change where new apps will save to it gives...
  4. My Child Still is Not Able to Access Some In-Game Content Even After I Changed His Restrictions

in XBoX on Windows
    My Child Still is Not Able to Access Some In-Game Content Even After I Changed His Restrictions: I have changed my child's restrictions and settings to where he can play all games and he should have access to all in-game content, but he is still not able to access certain features in games...
  5. Can't change where content is saved.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change where content is saved.: Hi friends, I've been trying to install a game using an Xbox PC game pass. It wouldn't let me save the game onto the drive I want. Says "This location isn't set up for installing games." and an...
  6. How can I change my sons settings the setting is shared content

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I change my sons settings the setting is shared content: The settings to enable him to play some games it says shared content is denied a5f82af2-2169-47ef-9655-56a26ca27fc0
  7. Installing games - no way to change directory for new content?

in XBoX on Windows
    Installing games - no way to change directory for new content?: OK so I bought the Xbox game pass for PC. Or rather I paid for it, but won't be doing so in the future. When I try to install a large game (take wolfenstein II for example), I get an error. I'm...
  8. Your content restrictions are in effect, but can't be changed until we connect to the service.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your content restrictions are in effect, but can't be changed until we connect to the service.: I'm not able to change the guest passkey for access to our Xbox. I have a parent account and my two boys have child accounts. I have used Microsoft's time limit features for a few years. My 13...
  9. "To do this, change a setting" when trying to purchase in-game content.

in XBoX on Consoles
    "To do this, change a setting" when trying to purchase in-game content.: Trying to buy coins on NHL 20, try to purchase and get the following message: "To do this, change a setting. You cannot Purchase in-game content because of how your account is set up. To change...
  10. I can't change my content restrictions - same error for weeks now

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't change my content restrictions - same error for weeks now: - Message appears saying "Your content restrictions are in effect, but cannot be changed until we connect to the service" c64cd2ea-aa0c-48b0-8f86-fd3517921862