How do I Change my Gamer tag

Discus and support How do I Change my Gamer tag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do I change my gamertag? [Moderator Edit: Moved from Community Participation Centre] e143fb4b-c57a-48a1-ab3b-64531c7aabb5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Patrica_Flamingo, Mar 26, 2020.

1. How do I Change my Gamer tag

How do I change my gamertag?

[Moderator Edit: Moved from Community Participation Centre]

:)

Patrica_Flamingo, Mar 26, 2020
  2. ZodiacalVirus46 Win User

Sky island

How do you change your gamer tag here I hate my gamer tag they chose it for me
  3. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there, Patrica_Flamingo

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forums.

I am going to move this thread into the Xbox forums, rather then the Community Participation Centre. This is where this question best fits.

To change your gamertag on the Xbox One, please: Press the guide button > Select gamerpic > My Profile > Customize profile > Choose Gamertag

This will allow you to change your gamertag though the console.

To change your gamertag online, please visit this link: https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag

To change your gamertag on Windows 10, please: Go to the Xbox Companion App > Select your gamerpic from the top left hand corner > Customize > Change gamertag

This will allow you to change it though the app. Please make sure your gamertag is compliant with the Xbox Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. You may also need to pay for a name change which will vary with each region and local.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
  4. Jeremy2085 Win User

Just so you know, the first time you change your gamertag, it is free, then after that it would cost you about 800 microsoft points.
  5. BIGBOY x 760 Win User

gamertag

Why did my gamer-tag change? It really didn't offend nobody ( BIgBOyLuvMiLPhz )it was a funny gamer-tag to make people laugh and this was my first time actually getting reported. My friends gamer-tag were funny but when they got reported they had to change
    there gamer-tag to something else or they couldn't play live at all and you gave them a (FREE GAMER-TAG CHANGE), how come I cant get that opportunity to change my gamer-tag?
  6. ReRuhnz Win User

Forced gamertag Change

My gamer tag was forcibly changed by Microsoft because it was "deemed inappropriate". The gamer tag was not inappropriate at all. How do I go about contacting them to get some help?
Thema:

1. How do I Change my Gamer tag - Similar Threads - Change Gamer tag

2. My gamer tag was changed to Quang666#554. I NEVER DID THAT.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer tag was changed to Quang666#554. I NEVER DID THAT.: My gamer tag is . Each time i lig in it signs me in under Quang666#544. I've had the same gamer tag for 12 yrs. And, each time i let g in it ligs me iut saying tgat someones sn. Ive changed my...
  3. Gamer tag Changed by itself!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamer tag Changed by itself!!: I woke up this morning to my gamertag changed when it was ayeitzfrostii now its delton9404 and i have no idea why it changed will someone please help me? b3b7a073-4ea8-463d-af47-712988f5a77a
  4. So I was wondering about if you used your second free gamer tag change can you change it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I was wondering about if you used your second free gamer tag change can you change it...: So i was wondering if you used your second free gamertag change if you could do it again for free because we dont have a lot of money 73e0f3d1-26c1-46b2-84f8-51a095578175
  5. Gamer tag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag change: Hi, I recently try changing my gamer tag to Dichu however, i was not getting the option to change it using an upper case D without having numeric characters at the end of the gamer tag. But I...
  6. Gamer tag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamer tag change: So i recently changed my gamer tag and in doing so this xbox one i am on sees me as a new account holder so all my game info is GONE. Why did it do that????????????????...
  7. Son Screwed up his gamer tag - changed for free & tried to go back & can't.

in XboX Insiders
    Son Screwed up his gamer tag - changed for free & tried to go back & can't.: Just spent a bunch of time with support.. My son changed his gamer tag to something else as a joke, and tried to change it back.. Unfortunately a) he was charged $9.99 (his loss).. But b) his old...
  8. COD: Modern Warfare gamer tag changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    COD: Modern Warfare gamer tag changed: My gamer tag changed several days ago to a very long name that begins with UCD. Does anybody know why this happened? Does Activision know about this? 85ffb254-cd55-4f81-981b-f9ed80000b5d
  9. Changing gamer tag and custom gamer pic

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing gamer tag and custom gamer pic: So today I downloaded the Xbox app to change my gamertag and gamerpic. It said my account needed to be an adult to choose a custom picture and the “change gamertag” option wouldn’t appear when I...
  10. Cambio de Gamer Tag[Gamer Tag Change]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cambio de Gamer Tag[Gamer Tag Change]: Recientemente cambie mi Gamer tag de xbox , En este incluí caracteres japoneses. Pero después del cambio en todos los juegos mi gamer tag no aparecia y se mantenia el antiguo , supongo que es...