How do I change user in the beta Xbox app?

Discus and support How do I change user in the beta Xbox app? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Im trying to change my account in the beta Xbox app, but I cannot see most of the text. I only can see plain buttons, but most text is invisible for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TheRealAsdas, Jun 12, 2019.

1. TheRealAsdas
    TheRealAsdas Guest

Im trying to change my account in the beta Xbox app, but I cannot see most of the text. I only can see plain buttons, but most text is invisible for some unknown reason.

:)

TheRealAsdas, Jun 12, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello TheRealAsdas,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that the Xbox App is not displaying text, and you are interested in knowing how to change users in the application. We suggest making sure that your

Windows 10 computer is up to date
    . Your profile picture should be on the top right of the application. Once you select it, you should be given the option to sign out of the application. This will allow you to sign in to the application with a different
    account. This is a beta program so all feedback is greatly encouraged. We suggest posting any issues for the beta on our

Xbox Insider Subreddit
    and the
    Xbox Insider Hub
    . This will help our engineers gather information on common issues. We will be working diligently on this beta to provide our customers with a greater experience. We look forward to hearing your feedback!
  3. ArkadiumSupport Win User

how do you change users?

Very sorry for the confusion, you're 100% correct.

Here is one way to clear stored Xbox Live account credentials from Windows 8 Store apps:

1: Access the Charms menu by swiping in from the right, or moving your mouse to the bottom-right corner of the screen.

2: Click Settings, then Change PC Settings.

3: At the top it should say "Your Account". There should be a button that says "Connect your Microsoft Account". Click this button and go through all the steps to log in and connect using your Xbox Live account credentials.

4: When this process is complete, you will be returned to the "Your Account" menu. The button under your name should now say "Disconnect your Microsoft account". Click this button to disconnect your account.

This method worked perfectly for us when tested today. Another possible method involves going to Control Panel>User Accounts>Credential Manager and deleting any credentials associated with the email address you use on Xbox Live (they should start with WindowsLive:user).
    This method did not sign out of Taptiles for us, but it may work for you depending on your user account settings.

Please let us know if this helps, and we apologize again for the bad information earlier.
  4. ArkadiumSupport Win User

how do you change users?

Thanks for the additional feedback - here are some better instructions on how to log out of an Xbox Live account for a Windows 8 game like Taptiles:

1: Go to the Windows Games app in your Start menu, or while playing Taptiles, click your Xbox Live Account name in the top-right corner.

2: While in the Games app, push Windows + I (the letter I, not the number 1) on your keyboard to access the settings menu. If you're on a tablet device, swipe in from the right side of the screen and tap Settings to access the Settings menu.

3: In the Settings menu, click Account

4: Click Sign Out to sign out of your currently logged-in Xbox Live account.

Please let us know if this helps, and we'll let our developers know that our fans would appreciate a more convenient sign-out method. Thanks for playing!
  5. kahuna86-B27FC0AE-2B Win User

how do you change users?

No, simply signing in/out of win8, does not reset the login for taptiles. Nor does uninstalling, re-installing the game.

I was able to finally get to the point where taptiles asked me to re-enter my password on opening the app. When I declined to enter the password, I ended up at a screen where I could finally enter in my alternate username.

The combo of steps that seemed to work for me was to uninstall the app, ensure I was logged into my preferred acct on the xbox games screen, log in/out of windows, re-install the app from the games store, then launch the game from the xbox apps screen.

Its entirely possible that above steps aren't repeatable, and something else finally prompted the app to ask me to confirm my password.

At no point in any of this, did the app ever present me with an option to logout or switch users, which is the obvious intuitive thing to do...

BTW- great game, other than the annoying user login issue...
  6. BenHsieh Win User

how do you change users?

I'm sorry, but do you guys ever actually try out the methods you recommended? Because you'd know immediately that:

1. You don't need to sign in Game app to sign in to Taptile App. And in this case there will be no account to sign out of.

2. Even if you sign in to Game app, signing out from there does NOTHING to log you out of Taptile app.

In conclusion, your last recommendation is USELESS as well.
Thema:

1. How do I change user in the beta Xbox app? - Similar Threads - change user beta

2. HD Change user Xbox INSIDER

in XBoX on Consoles
    HD Change user Xbox INSIDER: I am part of the Xbox Insider, the HD (500gb) of my xbox broke and made the exchange for another of 500gb, I made all kinds of process for the exchange, but always the error in the system restore...
  3. Microsoft account hacked, user ID changed and password. what can I do

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account hacked, user ID changed and password. what can I do: My Microsoft account was hacked and my password changed and user id too. What can I do t o fix this. Is there a phone number for Microsoft or can you only try chat or automated answers. Thanks...
  4. Long Time Xbox user lost due to MyVIP rankings change

in XBoX Rewards
    Long Time Xbox user lost due to MyVIP rankings change: Ive been playing xbox for many years, I had accrued a big gamerscore and a large MyVip ranking, to the point where i was close to getting the 10% rewards back from purchases. I had even bought...
  5. Change logged-in user

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change logged-in user: I logged into Microsoft on my friends computer and now my face shows up automatically when she opens her computer. How do I log out so she can log in to Microsoft games (JIgsaw)?...
  6. F1 2017 help. Can you change the button configuration? Disabled user.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    F1 2017 help. Can you change the button configuration? Disabled user.: Hi Does anyone know if you can change the button configuration on F1 2017? As I would like to buy a steering wheel to play the game and enjoy it more but I am unable to use my legs, so the...
  7. Puzzle Fighter HD had over 2000 votes before the name was changed USER VOTE PROBLEM

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Puzzle Fighter HD had over 2000 votes before the name was changed USER VOTE PROBLEM: The voting system on UserVoice now refers to the game as this: Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo The problem is that ever since Backwards Compatibility started, it was known as Puzzle Fighter HD....
  8. How do I change my USER NAME?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my USER NAME?: Hey guys, I’ve gone and misspelled my Xbox One User name (NOT my Gamertag). I can’t find any information that lets me know how to reset it Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks Jim...
  9. Microsoft should allow Xbox users to change the birthdates on our accounts.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should allow Xbox users to change the birthdates on our accounts.: When I was first creating my Xbox Live Account, I had put on the incorrect birth date and my friends were talking about the Insider Hub, so I asked "How can I get into the Insider Hub?" and they...
  10. User change & no xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    User change & no xbox live: I recently downloaded black ops 2 on the xbox one console. Not too long after that I changed my gamertag and now when I try and play multiplayer on black ops 2 it says 'disconnected from xbox...