How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?

Discus and support How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address? my console is telling me that it can't read my DHLC server or... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by ItsYoungLambo, Nov 16, 2016.

1. How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?

How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?
    my console is telling me that it can't read my DHLC server or something like that. I tried resetting the router and modem, didn't work. Now I'm on step 3 and it says my modem or router may be filtering out my console's MAC address. How can I tell and how
    do i change it?

:)

ItsYoungLambo, Nov 16, 2016
  2. Mac address filtering

How do I check to see if my modem is filtering out my Mac address?

GhostViper719, Nov 16, 2016
  3. CutoffLamb21
    CutoffLamb21 Guest
    how do i check MAC address on x box one?

I cannot connect x box live to my internet and it has asked me to check that my router or modem is not filtering out my console's MAC address - how do I check this??

CutoffLamb21, Nov 16, 2016
  4. KeithDimes Win User

MAC Address change

My router or modem may be set up to filter out some devices. I'm trying to make sure router or modem isn't filtering out my consoles MAC address. I checked out the networking hardware page but saw nothing that helped and can't find a solution. How do I go
    about doing this correctly?

D Rack80
  5. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

6. XBF Leslie D Win User

Arris Arris TM802: MAC address issues, wifi not working for the xbox

Hi Pug,

To check if the modem is filtering out the MAC address it would require to sign in to the modem settings. The instructions on how to sign in to the settings are usually on the manual and/or on the modem itself. Once signed in on there the main to check for
    would be to see if 'Mac filtering' is on.

In the case that there are any troubles signing into the modem settings to view this information, your internet service provider would be able to check this out as well. :)
  7. jclifford101 Win User

Dchp error

It says cannot connect to your dhcp server. I checked through my router and the router recognises that the xbox is connected to it and it's also not filtering out the consoles MAC address. It was working fine until last night.
  8. ArminatorX Win User

MAC filtering

Is my router filtering my xbox console's MAC address?
    Since we can't access your router, we can't see how your router is configured. And since you didn't tell us, what router model you use, we can't look up the user manual for your router.

Only you can access your router's configuration and check if there is any MAC filter set up.

If necessary, consult the documentation of your router, or if you got the router from your Internet Provider, contact their support team for help.
Thema:

1. How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address? - Similar Threads - check router modem

2. Fortnite - xbox live check failure

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite - xbox live check failure: When loading up the fortnite app, I am greeted with an error message stating the following "an unexpected error occurred while checking for new purchases on your xbox live account. Recently...
  3. Xbox Game Pass Android Check Your Device.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Game Pass Android Check Your Device.: It says check your device when trying to stream a game from my PC. The play button won't show up. My PC is on my Lan network. And the game is already installed....
  4. I want to check a old account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to check a old account: I find a ‘Tanker’ user account in Age for empires 3, could you tell me more information about it? My deleted old email is L: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  5. flight simulator 2020 crashes during the update check

in XBoX on Windows
    flight simulator 2020 crashes during the update check: Hello, I bought FS 2020 deluxe and I was able to install it through the windows store. At the first launch, it was possible to download the 95Gb of updates packages then to configure the flight...
  6. Why can I no longer check "Time played" in the Achievement stats?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I no longer check "Time played" in the Achievement stats?: I occasionally like to check the stats that I have for games that support the feature given to us through Xbox, however it seems to no longer keep track of how much time you've played a game. I'm...
  7. Xbox one Checking connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Checking connection: Hello. I have been having problems with my xbox one connecting to the wifi and im seeking help. I havnt found this quesntion ever so this may be the first. Ill give you the rundown of my issue. My...
  8. Netgear Netgear WNR1000: How do I check if the router is filtering out MAC address

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netgear Netgear WNR1000: How do I check if the router is filtering out MAC address: Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNR1000: How do I check if the router is filtering out MAC address how did you do it because I’m having some issues it isn’t connecting my controller to my WiFi...
  9. How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?: How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address? Please follow this. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-connection-error-solution It...
  10. How do I check the SSID from my router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I check the SSID from my router?: Can't connect the Xbox One to my wireless wifi, and have already cycled both off and back on multiple times. The password on the wifi is correct, since my iPhones are connecting. How do I check...