How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?

Discus and support How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address? Please follow this.... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by ItsYoungLambo, Nov 16, 2016.

1. How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?

ItsYoungLambo, Nov 16, 2016
  2. How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?

How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?
    my console is telling me that it can't read my DHLC server or something like that. I tried resetting the router and modem, didn't work. Now I'm on step 3 and it says my modem or router may be filtering out my console's MAC address. How can I tell and how
    do i change it?

ItsYoungLambo, Nov 16, 2016
  3. Mac address filtering

How do I check to see if my modem is filtering out my Mac address?

GhostViper719, Nov 16, 2016
  4. How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Nov 17, 2016
  5. KeithDimes Win User

MAC Address change

My router or modem may be set up to filter out some devices. I'm trying to make sure router or modem isn't filtering out my consoles MAC address. I checked out the networking hardware page but saw nothing that helped and can't find a solution. How do I go
    about doing this correctly?

D Rack80
  6. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

7. XBF Leslie D Win User

Arris Arris TM802: MAC address issues, wifi not working for the xbox

Hi Pug,

To check if the modem is filtering out the MAC address it would require to sign in to the modem settings. The instructions on how to sign in to the settings are usually on the manual and/or on the modem itself. Once signed in on there the main to check for
    would be to see if 'Mac filtering' is on.

In the case that there are any troubles signing into the modem settings to view this information, your internet service provider would be able to check this out as well. :)
  8. jclifford101 Win User

Dchp error

It says cannot connect to your dhcp server. I checked through my router and the router recognises that the xbox is connected to it and it's also not filtering out the consoles MAC address. It was working fine until last night.
  9. ArminatorX Win User

MAC filtering

Is my router filtering my xbox console's MAC address?
    Since we can't access your router, we can't see how your router is configured. And since you didn't tell us, what router model you use, we can't look up the user manual for your router.

Only you can access your router's configuration and check if there is any MAC filter set up.

If necessary, consult the documentation of your router, or if you got the router from your Internet Provider, contact their support team for help.
Thema:

1. How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address? - Similar Threads - check router modem

2. I buy the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and at the end it tells me Check the information you have...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I buy the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and at the end it tells me Check the information you have...: Completo todos los datos para obtener Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, y cuando termino de completar los datos me dice "Verifique la información que ha escrito. No coincide con la información de esta...
  3. My account isn't letting me join my friends and i checked my setting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account isn't letting me join my friends and i checked my setting: My account isn't letting me join my friends and ive checked every setting d85b2c99-5327-456e-8f8b-1b8f2f4b809f
  4. Is there a way to check download/update progress if i am not near my tv or console?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to check download/update progress if i am not near my tv or console?: Is there a way to see download progress from the xbox app? submitted by /u/1tsDumpling20 [link] [comments]
  5. How do I check the free Minecraft game code still works?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I check the free Minecraft game code still works?: Hey, I'm selling my Xbox One S which came with Minecraft, I still have the code etc. to upload the game, however now I have reset my whole Xbox I can't remember if I redeemed this game on my...
  6. Xbox one check for update feature

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one check for update feature: Hi I would like to make a suggestion for a feature that I think would help many xbox one users and that is really useful to its basically a check for update feature were you hover over the game...
  7. xbox no longer working check cable then black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox no longer working check cable then black screen: My xbox one has been working completely fine for a few years now and all of a sudden its now having problems with displaying the screen. I wake up one day and turn it on and am given a no signal...
  8. Netgear Netgear WNR1000: How do I check if the router is filtering out MAC address

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netgear Netgear WNR1000: How do I check if the router is filtering out MAC address: Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNR1000: How do I check if the router is filtering out MAC address how did you do it because I’m having some issues it isn’t connecting my controller to my WiFi...
  9. How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?: How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address? my console is telling me that it can't read my DHLC server or something like that. I tried resetting the...
  10. How do I check the SSID from my router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I check the SSID from my router?: Can't connect the Xbox One to my wireless wifi, and have already cycled both off and back on multiple times. The password on the wifi is correct, since my iPhones are connecting. How do I check...