How do I complain and get compensation?

Discus and support How do I complain and get compensation? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, Over a week ago my 2 young (10 & 13) kids were playing Minecraft on their Xmas gift XBox One X when suddenly they could no longer switch users on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Zaphodium4305, Feb 2, 2020.

1. How do I complain and get compensation?

Hi,

Over a week ago my 2 young (10 & 13) kids were playing Minecraft on their Xmas gift XBox One X when suddenly they could no longer switch users on the console. We had 3 users - me and the 2 children already setup on the box.
    So I couldn't contact MS for a couple of days due to the inconvenient support times. Eventually I spoke with 4 support guys. One was brief as they cut me off. I described the XBox issue initially to the "Online Accounts"
    support department and he put me through to another department for console issues after confirming my account was ok & they subsequently talked me through 2 resets (one that left the games alone and then a full factory reset) & eventually said it's the console
    that's faulty. I'm a software engineer with an education in electronic engineering. I asked what sort of technical problem, because as far as I could tell the console was working fine for my user...but they could not explain. I said no it's not hardware, it's
    the online account.... but hey, I'm not the expert here. So we returned the Xmas gift to the shop. I had to drive to the shop. They didn't have one in stock, so ordered it & it arrived yesterday. My son now doubts Father Xmas exists due to there being a shop
    involved in fixing his XBox gift. Thanks MS. It was also my son's birthday at the weekend and we had NO XBOX for his friends to play. New XBox has the same issue. I can set it up. I can sign in. It says "fix the problem on the web" when I try sign them in.
    Today I called MS again & after wading through 3+ minutes of menus I was again cut-off 3 times. The last guy looked at my online account again & immediately said it's the children's accounts that are suspended. What? Why? They are playing age related games
    without any online activity - just the 2 of them at home. The support guy couldn't tell me why they were suspended, he suspected a technical problem. I have filled in 2 forms to unlock the accounts (I've never even logged in to their outlook accounts as they
    were only created to access the XBox and nothing else & they are named on my XBox live account as family members - it should tell the parent account holder if the kids accounts have an issue).

We also have 3 years Ultimate Game Pass - some £700+ recently spent including the XBox & the support service has been terrible - wasted lots of my time on calls & returning a perfectly good console & then having to set up another
    one.

Not happy with MS. There's not even an appropriate "Category" below to select to post this.

Where can I complain? How do I get compensation?

:)

Zaphodium4305, Feb 2, 2020
  2. brandiesel1 Win User

If they were suspended, you would've received an email. Check your spam folder to see if one is on there. It would go to the email address you used to set up your Xbox account.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

There are a few sites you might want to check. First, since it says their account is suspended, you should check the
    Enforcement Website. If you sign in with their accounts on that page, you should be able to see if there are any Enforcement actions taken against the account. It should provide details
    including what the suspension is for and for how long in the Enforcement History page on that site.

Additionally, I would check that they are children in your Microsoft Account Family, and then review their

Privacy and Online Safety Settings
    . If their Microsoft Accounts properly reflect their birthday, there are settings that are set automatically, by region due to laws and restrictions with minors, that might affect their experience. If they are children
    in your Microsoft Account family and Adult account can then change those settings with what they are comfortable with allowing their children to be able to do on the console and online.

Now, as far as calling to complain the there are some numbers and support sites to reach, but can vary depending on your region. I am not certain of the UK support line, which I'm guessing you're in, as you're paying with pounds.

Call Microsoft Customer Service direct - 1-800-642-7676 - hours 5 AM

til 9 PM PST time (USA) - Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM

PST time (USA). In Canada, call (877)568-2495.

Microsoft Support - Contact Us

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/
  4. MattGareth Win User

Check your emails if they were suspended you should have received one!!!
  5. Daft Badger Win User

U.K. Support freephone number is 0800 587 1102.

Not had to contact support by phone for over a year but I assume that number still works.
  6. sandy the hippy Win User

How do I complain about customer service

Also, if you are using 2 step verification, the story starts to sound slightly fishy, because that would mean whoever did it has access to your phone etc...?
Thema:

1. How do I complain and get compensation? - Similar Threads - complain compensation

2. Xbox One software update sabotaged and broke my console - how do I complain and demand a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One software update sabotaged and broke my console - how do I complain and demand a...: I have a large number of frustrations with the Microsoft Xbox One service - one of which is how difficult it is to complain! I will aim to be brief. I own an Xbox One. I played the new Star...
  3. How do you complain about enforcement

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you complain about enforcement: My gamertag was attackred 3yrs ago as offensive and forcibly changed i appealed and gamerrag was allowed . This has happened a 2nd time . Enforcement are acting so slow and i will probably lose...
  4. Can you tell me how to complain about the refund team?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you tell me how to complain about the refund team?: Repeated purchase of the same game, web page submit refund application, rejected, e-mail explain the reason for applying for refund, want to know why is rejected, always can't get the...
  5. Major Concerns with the Elite 2 - Trying not to sound like a typical complainer in the process

in XboX Insiders
    Major Concerns with the Elite 2 - Trying not to sound like a typical complainer in the process: So trying to keep this as short as possible, I have owned 4 Original Elite Controllers - 2 of them replaced under warranty - So lets call that 6 Original Elite controllers. 2 of them I had to...
  6. Got wrongfully suspended, and can't find out where to complain about it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got wrongfully suspended, and can't find out where to complain about it: I got wrongfully suspended, where someone was being toxic and saying some crude things, and I sent a message to him saying it wasn't classy of him to say those things, then I quoted what he...
  7. (not complaining) About these 3.7gb updates:

in XboX Insiders
    (not complaining) About these 3.7gb updates:: I just had a 5th update in the last week or so and in one of the other threads about this an "Xbox Insider Staff" said to report it after the update completes. I replied to them but they never...
  8. How do I complain about customer service

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I complain about customer service: Thank you for the replies, a07a4c5b-0b78-4f40-9b48-65d0cc07a19a
  9. Reklam vereni şikayet etmek. [Edit - Translation] - To complain to the advertiser.

in XBoX on Windows
    Reklam vereni şikayet etmek. [Edit - Translation] - To complain to the advertiser.: Merhaba, window 10 üzerinde Microsoft Solitare Collection oynamadan önce çıkan reklamlarda ses kapatma düğmesi var. Ama Türkiye kaynaklı bir oyuncak reklamında bu düğme yok! Can sıkıcı olan bu...
  10. reklamera[complain]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    reklamera[complain]: Hi i just bought fallout 76 and i am really unhappy about it e943fd0a-fbac-42b6-a620-b8bff05a2691