How do I disable the on screen keyboard?

Discus and support How do I disable the on screen keyboard? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got myself a Rii X8 mini keyboard because controller typing in annoying and the visual keyboard take much of the screen while I'd... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BottledStorm, Jan 13, 2020.

1. BottledStorm
    BottledStorm Guest

Hello,

I recently got myself a Rii X8 mini keyboard because controller typing in annoying and the visual keyboard take much of the screen while I'd rather be keeping an eye on what's going on around while in game.

So, is it possible to disable the on screen keyboard now I have a physical one? And if yes, how?

Thank you in advance =)

:)

BottledStorm, Jan 13, 2020
  2. PlushRelic54582 Win User

You cant disable the on screen keyboard

Hope this

helps
  3. BottledStorm Win User

Sadly no but if you are sure I'll resign myself.
  4. WickedD365 Win User

In the Windows 10 Xbox app there is an option in settings under Typing on My Xbox One where you should be able to turn it off.
  5. BottledStorm Win User

Oh I understood it better with your additional explanation.

And it seems to work if I type my keyboard enter first.

Thank to you all!

Edit: I do find it a bit dumb to not have that setting directly on the console if you read this Microsoft.
  6. KilRoY1166 Win User

Do your solution work when playing on the Xbox? It sounds like you are talking on playing Xbox on a computer while my issue is when playing using the console.
    Seems that using the xbox app in window 10, as wickedd365 said, from settings you can disable the virtual keyboard on the console.

At the moment I can't try because I'm not in home, but if you have a pc with win10, try.

Maybe it run as others suggested
Thema:

1. How do I disable the on screen keyboard? - Similar Threads - disable screen keyboard

2. XBox One On screen keyboard disable

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One On screen keyboard disable: Hi, I play Minecraft with my daughter, 3 player split screen. My oldest daughter is now getting into commands. We have a USB keyboard plugged directly into XBox to assist with that. Problem is...
  3. disable Xbox on screen keyboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    disable Xbox on screen keyboard: After searching I can't find the answer I'm looking for. There is no windows 10 app on the xbox. So my question is how to disable the on screen keyboard since I use a keyboard and mouse on the...
  4. Disable On-Screen Keyboard for Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disable On-Screen Keyboard for Xbox: Does anyone know how to disable the on-screen keyboard for Xbox? Because I have been using a USB keyboard for Minecraft multiplayer on local. Every time I type commands on the keyboard it pops up...
  5. How to disable screen dimming when watching DVD or Blu-ray

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to disable screen dimming when watching DVD or Blu-ray: I have had an xbox one s for a couple years and used it regularly to watch movies without any trouble. I just got an xbox on x and now the screen dims while watching a movie. I have tried changing...
  6. Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV: So on quite a few games that I lay, the screen is chopped off on all sides. I have looked up how to fix it, but since the games do not have an adjust setting, I have to use the TV's. That being...
  7. how to disable advertising and othes stufs on home screen (dashboard)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to disable advertising and othes stufs on home screen (dashboard): Hi! I need to know, how to disable advertising and othes stufs that I don't whant to see on my home screen / dashboard of my XBOX ONE d8dcd268-f6bd-4048-b4a9-30fb3d41019c
  8. Disable on-screen keyboard for Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disable on-screen keyboard for Xbox One: I am just curious, is there any way to disable the on-screen keyboard that the Xbox One uses natively? I use a USB keyboard on my xbox and when I browse the web or type a message in ESO its...
  9. Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV: So on quite a few games that I lay, the screen is chopped off on all sides. I have looked up how to fix it, but since the games do not have an adjust setting, I have to use the TV's. That being...
  10. How do I disable sponsored ad tiles on home screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I disable sponsored ad tiles on home screen?: On my Xbox console home screen, the apps and games tab has 2 tiles to the right taken by ads and a banner above them as well. How do I opt out or disable this content?...