How do I exit a game in Xbox One S?

Discus and support How do I exit a game in Xbox One S? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; whenever I finish playing a game in my Xbox One S i have trouble exiting the game, so i always exit a game by turning the console off and then on it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheInfamousNick, Jun 9, 2021.

1. How do I exit a game in Xbox One S?

whenever I finish playing a game in my Xbox One S i have trouble exiting the game, so i always exit a game by turning the console off and then on it again. is there any other way to exit a game?

:)

TheInfamousNick, Jun 9, 2021
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

When the game is running press the Xbox button on the controller, move down to the game you are playing, press the menu button on the controller this time, and select quit. The game will quit and take you back to the Xbox dashboard.
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

how do you exit a game

Hello MrGreenBudz,

Happy to hear that you were able to get the information you've requested. We will go ahead and lock this thread. If you ever have another question or would like to start a discussion, don't hesitate to create a new thread. We look forward to hearing more
    from you soon!

Thank you.
  4. ll DUR05E ll Win User

how do you exit a game

I can start a game but can never find a way to stop the games
    Press the Xbox (logo) button on your controller to go back to Home and exit the
    app or game. Make sure the app is highlighted, and press the Menu (hamburger) menu button on your controller. In the menu, you'll find a number of options, including a Quit button,
    select it and press A to exit the app.
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

how do you exit a game

If you mean to temporarily stop a game, then press the Start button on the controller, usually. To completely quit out of it, press the white Home button on the controller, go down to the game in the menu, and press Quit and this will shut it down.
  6. MrGreenBudz Win User

how do you exit a game

Thanks for the great help. I am 64 and am trying to learn the system. I have always wanted to get started but now I am retired and have more time on my hands and the games will help keep my memory sharp.
Thema:

1. How do I exit a game in Xbox One S? - Similar Threads - exit game

2. The Outer Worlds keeps freezing and exits game on The Hope

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Outer Worlds keeps freezing and exits game on The Hope: I have played through before with no issues I have done literally EVERY other quest/task/companion quest in the game including both DLCs I am now doing the final main quest line but when i get...
  3. Xbox series x after exiting game using xbox button on the controller screen goes black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x after exiting game using xbox button on the controller screen goes black: I have xbox series x and samsung ur55 monitor and it worked awsome and looked awsome until 2 days ago this problem started happening , I am playing games just fine it looks great but when I quit...
  4. xbox one x play pubg forzen often on exiting game to lobby

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one x play pubg forzen often on exiting game to lobby: quite often ,must shut down the game,then frozen again。 052b8805-2512-42de-90c3-3bcd57bf2bfe
  5. games has no exit

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games has no exit: I have run into many games being pushed that simply have no exit. Microsoft Minesweeper is one of them. There is just no exit. I have to do a control alternate delete which opens task manager and...
  6. Xbox series S keeps freezing/crashing whenever I try to exit a game

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S keeps freezing/crashing whenever I try to exit a game: When I'm playing any game it runs smoothly, I'll play for hours and it'll be fine. Then as soon as I try to exit a game, I press the home button and it completely freezes after that. either it...
  7. Xbox series S keeps crashing/freezing whenever I press the home button to exit a game

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S keeps crashing/freezing whenever I press the home button to exit a game: While playing the game it's fine, but then when I want to exit I press the home button and it completely freezes. Sometimes it freezes and I have to force shut down and, others it completely...
  8. Can't exit avaliation mode in an Xbox game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't exit avaliation mode in an Xbox game: My problem is that I've purchased a game in a DvD but in 2017 or so, somehow I started an avaliation and since then I'm stuck in avaliation mode, even when I use the DvD....
  9. How to close or exit the Xbox Game Bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to close or exit the Xbox Game Bar?: When you play a game on windows 10 and want to stream or record a video using the Xbox Game Bar, you launch it by pressing [windows] + [G], but when you're done and exit the game, how do you close...
  10. It's totally safe to open another game using Guide, without exiting current one first?

in XboX Insiders
    It's totally safe to open another game using Guide, without exiting current one first?: I'm doing the "safe" way for years, going to dashboard home screen first to manually exit the game, so that I can open the next one. Is this really necessary? I know we can't replicate Series X...