How do I get Minecraft for windows 11 free, I've had the java version before 2018?

Discus and support How do I get Minecraft for windows 11 free, I've had the java version before 2018? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there! I've had Minecraft since at least 2015 and only recently found out I could get the windows 11 version for free. Th catch 22 here is I've... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MichealWarren1, Apr 17, 2022.

1. How do I get Minecraft for windows 11 free, I've had the java version before 2018?

Hey there!

I've had Minecraft since at least 2015 and only recently found out I could get the windows 11 version for free. Th catch 22 here is I've already migrated my Mojang account so my details no longer work when I try to log in on account.mojang.com.

My question now, is it still availale for free and if so how might I go about downloading it. Ive attempted to install the new launcher to no avail and the process has been exhausting. I love this game, ive spent hours playing it! Id love to play the game in a diffrent way.

Any assitance is greatly appretiated.

:)

MichealWarren1, Apr 17, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

How do I get Minecraft for windows 11 free, I've had the java version before 2018?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

As of the moment, it's still not available, as per Mojang "More details, including the exact timing of this offer, will become available as we get closer to release!"

For your reference, you can check this link: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/46...
  3. MichealWarren1 Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

As of the moment, it's still not available, as per Mojang "More details, including the exact timing of this offer, will become available as we get closer to release!"

For your reference, you can check this link: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/46...
    Thank you so much! you're appreciated good luck out there.
  4. SalernoSilva Win User

Minecraft JavaEdition

I bought the Windows 10 version of Minecraft by mistake, but the one I wanted was the java edition.

I saw that anyone who buys minecraft java edition is entitled to minecraft Windows 10. Is the reverse also true? Who buys minecraft windows 10 is entitled to minecraft java edition?

If so, how do I access the java edition version at no additional cost?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

How to find my redeem code for minecraft windows 10 edition?

The code you mean was for people that bought JAVA Minecraft on the Mojang website before October 2018. Buyers of the JAVA Version before that date would get a code that allows them to redeem Minecraft Windows 10 on the Windows 10 Store.

Unfortunately, buyers of the Xbox One Minecraft "only" get the Xbox One Minecraft and nothing else. Only digital buyers of the older "Minecraft Xbox One Version" (With "Xbox One Version" in the game title) would later get the newer Bedrock Minecraft for
    Xbox One for free.

So, if you bought Minecraft (without the "Xbox One Version" in the name) on your Xbox One, that's the only version you will get. There is no Windows 10 code.
  6. TheNexusGen Win User

Will I get minecraft free on minecraft.net if I bought in on the windows store?

As someone who has Minecraft for both Xbox One and Windows (both Win 10 version and the Java version) I can answer this.

Poli5hesBubble: When the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) of the Minecraft entered public Beta in 2015/2016, owners of the pre-existing Java version were given a key to download and own the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) for free, as
    they already owned it for PC (in Java form). However, this does NOT work in reverse; if you bought the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version), you will NOT be given a free copy of the Java version.

KyleCBlanchard: Similar to the answer for Poli5hedBubble, if you own the Java version from Minecraft.net, you should be able to go to your Mojang account, log in and see a key that, once entered into the Windows Store or at redeem.microsoft.com, will allow
    you download the free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free.
Thema:

1. How do I get Minecraft for windows 11 free, I've had the java version before 2018? - Similar Threads - Minecraft windows free

2. Can i still redeem my free copy of minecraft windows 10 edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i still redeem my free copy of minecraft windows 10 edition?: I brought my minecraft java edition in 2016, so i should be eligeble to get the windows 10 edition for free, but everytime i try entering mojang.com it redirects me to minecraft.net so i don't...
  3. will the minecraft windows 10 edition for free if you have java edition offer ever come back.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    will the minecraft windows 10 edition for free if you have java edition offer ever come back.: Minecraft windows edition became free for people who bought minecraft the 18th of october 2018. Will that happen again anytime soon? bba4ab65-21bf-48b9-9372-ce927d25b829
  4. Do I get minecraft windows 10 edition for free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I get minecraft windows 10 edition for free?: I purchased minecraft java edition way back, do I get bedrock for free on PC? this only seems fair. f27384c6-2fe8-4b31-8c61-68f53418a080
  5. Am I supposed to get Minecraft for Windows for free after migrating my java account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I supposed to get Minecraft for Windows for free after migrating my java account?: I recently migrated my Minecraft java account to my Microsoft account which I use to play Minecraft Bedrock on Xbox. The migration FAQ states that: After migrating, will I be able to play...
  6. Can you get Minecraft for Windows 10 edition for free with gamepass or already owned...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you get Minecraft for Windows 10 edition for free with gamepass or already owned...: If you have game pass, can you get Windows 10 edition Minecraft for free? (I basically mean the screen that says unlock the full game) Because, I did have Minecraft for Nintendo Switch and I used...
  7. How to redeem free minecraft windows 10 edition from minecraft java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to redeem free minecraft windows 10 edition from minecraft java: I want to play with my friends who play Bedrock edition but I have Java edition. My brother was able to redeem a free windows 10 edition because he owned Java edition. We are trying to do it on my...
  8. Can I still get Minecraft Windows 10 edition for free if I had both the xbox one edition...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still get Minecraft Windows 10 edition for free if I had both the xbox one edition...: I bought Minecraft Xbox one edition back in 2016 and I want to play Windows 10 on my Laptop. Can I still get the windows 10 for free since I have both the Xbox one and bedrock edition on my Xbox?...
  9. minecraft windows 10 edition free.

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft windows 10 edition free.: I know that there was a way to get it for free on my computer before because I have done it before and played on my computer using the free redemption. now I can't find the game on my computer and...
  10. I bought java edition minecraft, and i successfully redeemed a free windows 10 copy. Why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought java edition minecraft, and i successfully redeemed a free windows 10 copy. Why...: [img] So...i have the game, i can still play it RIGHT NOW at this very moment on the xbox console companion app (which i plan to do, it's my favourite version of minecraft) so why, oh WHY, am i...