How do I get my games back after reset?

Discus and support How do I get my games back after reset? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I bought an Xbox One 1TB Console - Tom Clancy's The Division Bundle in 2016. It also came with Forza 2. I have not used the console for a couple... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChuckKZ, Nov 12, 2019.

1. ChuckKZ
    ChuckKZ Guest

Hi,

I bought an Xbox One 1TB Console - Tom Clancy's The Division Bundle in 2016. It also came with Forza 2.

I have not used the console for a couple years. I tried a couple days ago and it kept asking for my password. I did a lot of searching and tried various things that I found online. None worked. I finally found a thread of things to try which ended with if
    none of them worked I would need to reset my Xbox. I did a "reset with keep games." That fixed the login problem, but my games are missing.

So now I've been searching trying to find out how to get my games back. I saw a post I think on this forum to look in My Games > Install. They are not there. I looked in my Microsoft account to see if they were there and found nothing. I have a code for
    a game I bought, so I tried to use it. I got a message something like"the code has already been used to download the game." I'm stuck as to what else to try. Any help, ideas, magic, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

:)

ChuckKZ, Nov 12, 2019
  2. NLbawz Win User

Games are linked to the account they're purchased/redeemed on.

If it doesn't show up on the original account in ''Games -> Ready To Install'' I suggest re-adding your profile so it syncs up.
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

Sometimes a quick restart fixes those "gremlins"

Glad you are sorted

Happy gaming

:)
  4. Aventhyz Win User

I recommend that you clear your console cache, remove the account and then add the account again, also make sure you are using the same account before
  5. Shieldlady1 Win User

Fazendo login na conta que possui os jogos você recupera.

[Translation]

Signing in to the account that owns the games you recover
  6. ChuckKZ Win User

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I did sign in with my same Hotmail account. It's the only one I have.

Since the Xbox kept asking me for a password, I went online from my PC to my Microsoft account and changed my password. It didn't make any difference for the Xbox login problem, but I used that new password on the Xbox after the reset. I do see the same
    Gametag.

Having said that, I just turned on my Xbox and...

When I quit last night, I had found somewhere the levels I had reached in all three games, which made no sense since the games weren't anywhere to be found. I just turned the Xbox on to see if I could find them again and magic happened; all three games
    are back! I verified I could get into one of them to be sure.

So the problem is "fixed", but I don't know how or why. Maybe it was user error or gremlins. Whatever, I'll take the win, but I hate when things happen that I can't explain.

Thanks again for the reply and sorry for wasting your time.

Chuck
Thema:

1. How do I get my games back after reset? - Similar Threads - games reset

2. Xbox reset get games back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox reset get games back: My son reset my xbox 1 i had online games on their but now can’t re-install even if log on account email. is their another way. All the advise people say its easy log on you account and they...
  3. Please make a way to reset game, achievement, and stat progress without having to make a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please make a way to reset game, achievement, and stat progress without having to make a...: I’ve been wanting to start fresh in my games for a while and reset my achievements but there’s no way to do that without making a new account. I don’t feel like having to game share and re add all...
  4. Forza Horizon 4 video settings reset each time I open the game

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 video settings reset each time I open the game: As I said, I already tried resetting the game but it still persists. System specs: Ryzen 7 3800x X570 Taichi RX 5700 XT Nitro 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 Mhz 144 Hz 2k monitor - The game...
  5. Every game in Xbox game pass on PC crash my computer and reset it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every game in Xbox game pass on PC crash my computer and reset it: Hello Recently I bought access to Xbox game pass on PC and wanted to test some of its games. First I installed The outer worlds, the game after a few minutes crashing and resetting my whole...
  6. If I reset my Xbox will I be able to download all the games that I bought online for free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I reset my Xbox will I be able to download all the games that I bought online for free?: If I reset my Xbox will I be able to download all the games that I bought online and not have to pay for them? 7550f375-94e2-4b46-875d-782c863fc096
  7. Can’t load any game, can’t report this because insider won’t even open. Already reset...

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t load any game, can’t report this because insider won’t even open. Already reset...: [IMG] submitted by /u/_rubg_ [link] [comments]
  8. Factory reset with keeping apps and games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory reset with keeping apps and games: After selecting to reset with apps and games kept, what should happen on screen? I only see a black screen and light on. Other than wait, can I do anything? 4cf2ce1c-a323-4c20-9166-9ef389296154
  9. Wwe 2k 19 lost all caws like the game reset it self or a problem with the servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wwe 2k 19 lost all caws like the game reset it self or a problem with the servers: Went on wwe 2k 19 just now to finish a caw and none of them are there like the game reset it self even my fished the story and its at the beginning also got this when starting the game up [img]...
  10. Do my games get deleted forever if i hard reset?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do my games get deleted forever if i hard reset?: So recently ive realised that every few minutes i keep getting signed out of my account. Ive googled it and seen youtube videos on it and ive seen that people reset their xbox. I have been...