How do I get my games back after reset?

Discus and support How do I get my games back after reset? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I bought an Xbox One 1TB Console - Tom Clancy's The Division Bundle in 2016. It also came with Forza 2. I have not used the console for a couple... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChuckKZ, Nov 12, 2019.

1. ChuckKZ
    ChuckKZ Guest

Hi,

I bought an Xbox One 1TB Console - Tom Clancy's The Division Bundle in 2016. It also came with Forza 2.

I have not used the console for a couple years. I tried a couple days ago and it kept asking for my password. I did a lot of searching and tried various things that I found online. None worked. I finally found a thread of things to try which ended with if
    none of them worked I would need to reset my Xbox. I did a "reset with keep games." That fixed the login problem, but my games are missing.

So now I've been searching trying to find out how to get my games back. I saw a post I think on this forum to look in My Games > Install. They are not there. I looked in my Microsoft account to see if they were there and found nothing. I have a code for
    a game I bought, so I tried to use it. I got a message something like"the code has already been used to download the game." I'm stuck as to what else to try. Any help, ideas, magic, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

:)

ChuckKZ, Nov 12, 2019
  2. NLbawz Win User

Games are linked to the account they're purchased/redeemed on.

If it doesn't show up on the original account in ''Games -> Ready To Install'' I suggest re-adding your profile so it syncs up.
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

Sometimes a quick restart fixes those "gremlins"

Glad you are sorted

Happy gaming

:)
  4. Aventhyz Win User

I recommend that you clear your console cache, remove the account and then add the account again, also make sure you are using the same account before
  5. Shieldlady1 Win User

Fazendo login na conta que possui os jogos você recupera.

[Translation]

Signing in to the account that owns the games you recover
  6. ChuckKZ Win User

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I did sign in with my same Hotmail account. It's the only one I have.

Since the Xbox kept asking me for a password, I went online from my PC to my Microsoft account and changed my password. It didn't make any difference for the Xbox login problem, but I used that new password on the Xbox after the reset. I do see the same
    Gametag.

Having said that, I just turned on my Xbox and...

When I quit last night, I had found somewhere the levels I had reached in all three games, which made no sense since the games weren't anywhere to be found. I just turned the Xbox on to see if I could find them again and magic happened; all three games
    are back! I verified I could get into one of them to be sure.

So the problem is "fixed", but I don't know how or why. Maybe it was user error or gremlins. Whatever, I'll take the win, but I hate when things happen that I can't explain.

Thanks again for the reply and sorry for wasting your time.

Chuck
Thema:

1. How do I get my games back after reset? - Similar Threads - games reset

2. If I factory reset will the games be saved onto the Xbox with a different account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I factory reset will the games be saved onto the Xbox with a different account: Im thinking of getting rid of my old xbox One S and i want to factory reset it to sell it, i have doom eternal and cuphead on it, if someone signs into it with a different account, will they have...
  3. Xbox 360 game download keeps resetting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 game download keeps resetting: Recently, I bought Halo: Combat Evolved on my Xbox 360. After an hour of figuring out why the purchase option wouldn't appear on the game's page, I finally round it in the "On Demand" section of...
  4. How do I reset my game stats for call of duty ww2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I reset my game stats for call of duty ww2: I would like to reser my game stats on call of duty ww2 a72f4f05-e071-4546-8f7e-46bbf8dd5f37
  5. How to reset Xbox app profile (game stats, achivments etc) Windows 10?

in XboX Insiders
    How to reset Xbox app profile (game stats, achivments etc) Windows 10?: Windows 10 - How to reset my profile (game stats, achivments etc)? I would like to have my game stats (MSFS2020) stats reset, and I think the only way I could do this is by reseting my profile...
  6. I did a reset of windows 10 on my pc, and now i cannot find the xbox game pass games ive...

in XBoX on Windows
    I did a reset of windows 10 on my pc, and now i cannot find the xbox game pass games ive...: The windowsapps folder on my other drive is unable to be accessed but it has about 100 gigs of games and i want to either delete them all or transfer them over to the new windows apps folder so i...
  7. HELP, Even after factory reset (keep games and apps) still no HDMI signal. ? Stuck in LOW RES

in XBoX Accessibility
    HELP, Even after factory reset (keep games and apps) still no HDMI signal. ? Stuck in LOW RES: Tried changing resolution Changed from reccomended to HDMI 99272729 times. Tried soft boot, hard boot, troubleshoot menu and boot in low res. Final resort was to factory reset, Preparing...
  8. All games wont sync unless i reset my xbox right after i just turned it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    All games wont sync unless i reset my xbox right after i just turned it on: So everytime i turn my xbox on i have to reset it everytime to get a game to sync with my data. one of the options is to hard reset which I do everytime I turn on my box but that's a bit annoying...
  9. Xbox cannot load games or apps and wont reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cannot load games or apps and wont reset: My son's xbox one S started misbehaving. Not sure when it started, but it may have been after the hard drive filled up and some games were deleted. What started happening is that both the apps and...
  10. MIcrosoft U. Word games ; updates send you back to square one but do not reset the quizzes...

in XBoX on Windows
    MIcrosoft U. Word games ; updates send you back to square one but do not reset the quizzes...: How come from time to time you get sent to square one? Then you think: no harm in doing the same quiz again. Only... you can't, because they appear to you as completed. This is at least the 4th...