How do I get my money back?!?

Discus and support How do I get my money back?!? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is the final attempt to fix your error in billing before I contact a lawyer and pursue a case of fraud against Microsoft. On July 27th, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by x Dark Ronin x, Oct 6, 2019.

1. How do I get my money back?!?

This is the final attempt to fix your error in billing before I contact a lawyer and pursue a case of fraud against Microsoft.

On July 27th, I attempted to purchase a Realms subscription for Minecraft for the amount of $8.29. FOR ONE SERVICE. AGAIN, FOR ONE SERVICE. Checking my account as of July 29th, you billed me twice.

I called, and after 2 hours on the phone, was assured that there was only one subscription, and that it was recurring. No refund occurred.

Here comes August 27th, lo and behold! Microsoft has now charged me THREE TIMES FOR THE SAME SERVICE!!! This was after a 2 hour phone call I made to correct your billing issue, and was told this was not going to be a problem. PROBLEM. So, I call again.
    A 2 1/2 hour phone call this time. Again, I was assured this was not a problem, but it was a PROBLEM. You also to this date have NOT refunded two of the services you have billed me for (at this point, you owe me for 3 overcharges).

Sigh. Here it is September 30th. THREE MORE CHARGES FOR THE SAME SERVICE I WAS ASSURED I WAS ONLY BEING BILLED ONCE FOR AFTER ALMOST 5 HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH YOUR BILLING DEPARTMENT. You have now overcharged me 8 times for 3 months of Realms service.
    You owe me $41.45, and I can prove this.

Here is the final breakdown: I have attempted to call you today no less then 4 times. I was put on hold for over an hour between these 4 calls. I was hung up on 4 times by your employees after explaining what was happening. You cannot blame 4 separate
    incidents of disconnecting on system issues, this was deliberate.

To avoid losing a customer and litigation, these things will happen (and they will happen within 72 hours of this email, or we go the legal route):

1. You WILL refund $41.45 due to YOUR repeated and discussed billing issues.
    2. You WILL make sure that my Realms subscription stays active, there should be no interruptions in this service
    3. You WILL do something to make this up to me. I don't care what. Use your imagination, but put yourself into my shoes.

I am not happy with your customer service, nor your service in general. I have had 4 of your employees intentionally disconnect a call rather than do their job and take care of this. You took too much of my money, and when I tried to get it back, you
    basically kept hanging up on me. This is called fraud. I have been a loyal customer of yours for almost 2 decades, and I expect to be treated MUCH better than this.

Do the right thing and do the above list. I will not attempt to call again, that is an absolute exercise in frustration, as your voice system does not recognize when a person is speaking.

72 hours begins now:
    David Jervis
    About to be formerly "" (a tag I have had for 15 years)

:)

x Dark Ronin x, Oct 6, 2019
  2. maxen Win User

How do I get my money back?

3. Ironwilled Win User

HI There,

I'm sorry for everything that you're going through but we as ambassadors can't really help you in that department other then pointing you in the direction of support.

Link: https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/contact-us#2
  4. Smwutches Win User

Outside of contacting support again, you can try submitting a
    refund request form
    . Otherwise, you will need to contact support directly in order to speak to billing.

As this is a community based forum, we are unable to issue refunds here and as you have threatened legal action, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.
  5. Vdeathrow93 Win User

How do I get my money back?

Microsoft has a no refund policy for all purchases. You need to monitor your son while he is using your console. There really isn't much for you to do.

I assume that the account he downloaded on was yours and not his own. But if there is a child account, you can make it so that account cannot make purchases:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/online-privacy-and-safety/online-safety

You could also password protect your account so it will ask for your password every time you sign in:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-security/password-protect-account
    . This will not protect your account if it is already signed in though

Other than that, there isn't anything you can do. Just gotta be more careful next time.

Best of luck and happy gaming!
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there!

As this is a support forum, if you would like to pursue legal action, or discuss legal action, then we will not be able to assist further. For more information, please visit our
    Legal
    and Corporate Affairs
    page.

At this time we'll be locking this thread since all applicable information has already been kindly provided by our Ambassadors and to prevent needless repetition.

Thanks for coming to the forums and have a great day!
Thema:

1. How do I get my money back?!? - Similar Threads - money

2. why can´t i renew an expired subscripcion with my account money?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can´t i renew an expired subscripcion with my account money?: i usually pay game pass with gift cards but this last time i couldn´t pay it and now i can´t renew it with my money account 754f1be3-fcee-4a9e-bba5-e3121e79afa5
  3. HOW TO BUY GAME PASS WITH MICROSOFT MONEY?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HOW TO BUY GAME PASS WITH MICROSOFT MONEY?: I recently bought a game pass gift card for 1 month on Xbox Game Pass, but instead of giving me my month, it gave me 139 mexican pesos (which is the price of the game pass) and now I don't know...
  4. Movies & TV app hasn't worked for about 3 weeks. Caused me to lose money on a download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Movies & TV app hasn't worked for about 3 weeks. Caused me to lose money on a download.: I rented a movie over the Xbox Marketplace on September 16th but when I tried to watch it the app failed and I got the error code 0x80070490. I tried all of the troubleshooting on the Xbox website...
  5. What happened to my money

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happened to my money: I recently bought a $200 xbox gift card since I only had $9.35 in my account and wanted to buy something, I put the code correctly, and everything was fine there, but when I wanted to buy...
  6. Paying for a subscription with Microsoft account money

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paying for a subscription with Microsoft account money: I'm trying to buy a gamepass ultimate membership with my xbox live money. I have $15. I want to use that as my payment option, but it keeps asking me for a credit card. Why?...
  7. Money back for non functinal Metro exodus

in XBoX on Windows
    Money back for non functinal Metro exodus: Hi. It seem impossible for my computer to play Metro Exodus, although my computer is more than bi enough. I got it running af few days ago with quite som difficulties, but now.... It crashes and...
  8. Microsoft don't care about there customers problems as long as they get your money they...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft don't care about there customers problems as long as they get your money they...: Hi, So i bought a game on the xbox store and at first i had no problems with that game but that slowly faded as i got further into the game, The game in question is xcom 2 collection, I played...
  9. Money in Microsoft account.

in XBoX on Windows
    Money in Microsoft account.: Hi, I have about $70 in my Microsoft Account. When I tried to purchase Robux (in Roblox) it says I only have $8. Why is that so? Thanks. 8b76c4b6-5f6c-49b8-ba17-1758dafd208d
  10. TLDR; My Pre-Order Cancelled and I spent money. Now it says it was declined when I checked...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TLDR; My Pre-Order Cancelled and I spent money. Now it says it was declined when I checked...: So basically, I purchased Code:Vein back in July and definitely had the money on my card, and checked the purchase back on the 9th. The game and all of it's components were downloaded because the...