How do I give a digital game as a gift but prevent it being seen until Christmas day?

Discus and support How do I give a digital game as a gift but prevent it being seen until Christmas day? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would love to buy NBA20 for my son for Christmas and take advantage of the offers out right now. Can I buy a game as a digital game now and give the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TouristyCape05, Dec 2, 2019 at 5:43 PM.

1. How do I give a digital game as a gift but prevent it being seen until Christmas day?

I would love to buy NBA20 for my son for Christmas and take advantage of the offers out right now. Can I buy a game as a digital game now and give the code to him on Christmas day?

I imagine this is common question but I haven't been able to find it online.

Thanks for any help.

A.

:)

TouristyCape05, Dec 2, 2019 at 5:43 PM
  2. ProDefault Win User

How do I give a digital game as a gift but prevent it being seen until Christmas day?

You technically cant hide it . Itwill go straight to the email on the account . You can gift it christmas eve night. Or go on amazon buy a digital code then you can email the code whenever hidden . Hope this helps
  3. AngelObullets Win User

you can gift on xmas day or xmas eve via the online to hide it out till it's closer to the day in question. Hope this helps
  4. Chris238 Win User

Suggestion: Allow retailers to sell digital codes

Also allows people to give digital copies for gifts. I would prefer digital, but there is currently no way for my wife to buy that for me for Christmas/Birthday.
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

gift card

Hey there JeanPilot,

Sorry for the confusion gifting your friend this code.

As stated by StuartATrueRed, now that the code has been redeemed, there is exists no means for you to transfer that redeemed currency to your friends account.

That being said, if you do want to get your friend something, you can try to gift that specific digital item directly to your friend.

For more information on how digital gifting works, check out our informative support pages entitled

Learn about gift cards and codes
    and
    Help with giving digital games as gifts

Thanks for reading!
  6. dudeskis01 Win User

Suggestion: Allow retailers to sell digital codes

[quote user="Fyrbreak"]

Also allows people to give digital copies for gifts. I would prefer digital, but there is currently no way for my wife to buy that for me for Christmas/Birthday.

[/quote]

there should be gift cards now in place of the points cards they used to have. not a perfect solution, but something you could recommend to your wife.
Thema:

1. How do I give a digital game as a gift but prevent it being seen until Christmas day? - Similar Threads - digital game gift

2. How do you gift a digital game you have already purchased?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you gift a digital game you have already purchased?: I have searched high and low and cannot find a definitive answer to this situation. I preordered a digital edition of a game. I want to preorder that same game for my friend as a digital gift....
  3. So How Do You Gift An Xbox 360 Digital Game On The Console Store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    So How Do You Gift An Xbox 360 Digital Game On The Console Store?: I can't believe I'm having trouble figuring this out! I gift digital games all the time to some of my friends. It's simple enough. When you look up the game in the store on the console, it ask if...
  4. Gifting a digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifting a digital game: I’m having a heck of a time, and any help would be appreciated! I run a FB group and do giveaways regularly, and for the first time tried including UK members and am running into all sorts of...
  5. Bought a digital gift game for a friend, but they already have it.....what now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a digital gift game for a friend, but they already have it.....what now?: I recently bough a digital game for a friend, but, they already owned it. Why did MS let me buy a game for someone who already owned the title? How do I get my money back? My friend attempted to...
  6. Returning a digital gift game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Returning a digital gift game.: I had bought 2 games on the xbox live store and gave them as a gift to one of my friends on Christmas day. He did not attempt to use these codes until yesterday. Apparently since I live in the US...
  7. Bought a gift for a friend (digital game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a gift for a friend (digital game): My friend cannot redeem the code he received and it says were in different region although he's my roommate and our Xbox are on the same region. How can we fix it? There's no way to co intact...
  8. Gift a digital game to a friend. ADD THIS FEATURE!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift a digital game to a friend. ADD THIS FEATURE!: They should add a feature purchase a new digital game for a friend and they will get a text message with a redeem code from Xbox. I own a game but cant buy a 2nd digital copy for a friend to play...
  9. How do you purchase digital games to give as gifts ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you purchase digital games to give as gifts ?: For example, I want to purchase Borderlands, which is backwards compatible, and give it as a gift to someone. What is the process to accomplish this ? In other words I want to make a gift...
  10. What's the easiest way to gift digital games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's the easiest way to gift digital games?: I and my friends have a preference for digital game libraries. However, we're not sure what the best method is to gift a digital game to someone else. Is there a more direct method than buying a...