How do I keep random people from adding me on Xbox One?

Discus and support How do I keep random people from adding me on Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I really don't like that anyone can just add me on there. I don't know these people and I don't appreciate not being able to block friend "requests."... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Emocje, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Emocje
    Emocje Guest

I really don't like that anyone can just add me on there. I don't know these people and I don't appreciate not being able to block friend "requests." It's not even requesting to be on my friends list. I do not feel secure with these people. I don't know
    them. And they can just pop into any voice chat/party that I'm in just to sit there and listen like creeps.

I kinda thought Microsoft would respect that and at least care about safety. This stuff starts internet stalking.

What can I do?? Is there anything even to do??

:)

Emocje, Sep 7, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

The Friend system was changed when the Xbox One was introduced. Now, Xbox Live is built like a social network similar to Facebook, where people (even complete strangers) can "follow" you. Only if you follow them back, you become friends.

As such, as others suggested, you can set up your online and privacy settings on
    https://account.xbox.com/settings to "Friends only", so only people YOU BOTH follow each other as actual "Friends" can see your activity on Xbox Live, if you at least allow friends
    to see what you are doing. Of course, you can also deny your friends access to your online appearance, and are basically non-existent on Xbox Live besides being a Gamertag doing "invisible" stuff no one can see.

As for random people popping into you party: When you set up a party, you can change the settings of the party to be "Invite Only". That way only people you actively invite to the party are able to join the party. If you don't set the party to "Invite Only",
    basically anyone can join the party.

So, Microsoft DOES value your privacy and gives you tools to set up your online and privacy to a way you feel comfortable. You just need to know that they are there and use them.

The only thing you can't prevent is people "Following" you on Xbox Live. But if you set your online and privacy settings to "Friends Only" and you don't follow them back, you basically don't exist for them, besides being a string of characters in their Friend/Follower
    list.
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

XA JJKILLER is spot on.

If you have any other concerns regarding online safety, click Here For Microsoft's guide to safety
    for parents and kids, which gives step by step guides for various aspects of privacy and safety.
  4. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Change your privicy settings to freinds only
  5. ThorX360 Win User

I really don't like that anyone can just add me on there. I don't know these people and I don't appreciate not being able to block friend "requests." It's not even requesting to be on my friends list. I do not feel secure with these people. I don't know
    them. And they can just pop into any voice chat/party that I'm in just to sit there and listen like creeps.

I kinda thought Microsoft would respect that and at least care about safety. This stuff starts internet stalking.

What can I do?? Is there anything even to do??
    Hi,

you can change privacy settings from Xbox.com and/or from the console as explained here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ety-and-privacy-settings-for-parents-and-kids
  6. bowski477 Win User

How Do I Stop Random People Adding Me?

Hey there, this thread is over two years old. If you are having an issue with this please feel free to create your own thread.
Thema:

1. How do I keep random people from adding me on Xbox One? - Similar Threads - keep random adding

2. Xbox Account Keeps randomly signing me out and not accepting my password!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Account Keeps randomly signing me out and not accepting my password!: Hi, I know there is a trouble shooting section for this issue on the xbox website, HOWEVER, I have followed these steps multiple times and every time they do nothing for my issue. In the past 2-3...
  3. My xbox one keeps shutting down randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one keeps shutting down randomly: my xbox one keeps randomly shutting down while im in the middle of playing games. IT IS NOT OVERHEATING! Ive already checked that. DON’T TELL ME TO POWER CYCLE THE CONSOLE!!!!! i power cycle...
  4. Anyone keep connecting randomly?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Anyone keep connecting randomly?: Anyone keep connecting randomly? Hi,it dont complete the test,it keeps stopping, where it keeps changing b14bca48-1a92-4bdb-8079-919fdba3af01
  5. My account keeps getting randomly banned for no reason!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account keeps getting randomly banned for no reason!!: literally its starting to get annoying, like honestly, i spend so much money on games and xbox live. And its so annoying to have your investment go to waste like this. This is not good customer...
  6. State of Decay 2 DayBreak keeps crashing randomly on PC/high end Desktop

in XBoX on Windows
    State of Decay 2 DayBreak keeps crashing randomly on PC/high end Desktop: Look I have a top of the line computer running on high settings I switched to medium because a youtube video told me that's what fixed his problem. I thought it worked as last night I got 2...
  7. Keep getting logged out randomly after latest firmware (Omega), and are unable to login again ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keep getting logged out randomly after latest firmware (Omega), and are unable to login again ...: After the latest firmware update (Omega ring), I keep getting logged out randomly, and are unable to login again until I restart the console. The console repeatedly keeps asking for my password....
  8. Xbox one keeps randomly turning itself off during game play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keeps randomly turning itself off during game play: i can put the xbox one on and play a game and it may stay on for 30 mins then randomly turn off . Sometimes it may be for 5 mins then go off then come back on . Inhabe had the console for 19...
  9. My Xbox One keeps turning on and off randomly!! :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One keeps turning on and off randomly!! :(: So a year ago or so I ran had an accident and had to permanantly remove the faceplate (the one with the ribbon connector) and all was well and fine until a few days ago where the console just shut...
  10. Solitaire keeps adding a random hour to my game time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Solitaire keeps adding a random hour to my game time: I have noticed during several tournaments that a random hour is being added to my score time. This makes competing in the events rather pointless. Please can you investigate this glitch? The...