How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to...

Discus and support How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Out internet connection is fine. We can play Forza Horizon 4 online with other people, but we can't join each others session or send an invite so we... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NickZaw, Feb 14, 2020.

1. NickZaw
    NickZaw Guest

How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to...

Out internet connection is fine. We can play Forza Horizon 4 online with other people, but we can't join each others session or send an invite so we can play together. My NAT type is open and everything in Network tab is ok. I have opened all the ports
    that support said should be open but my friends still can't join me or send me an invite. I can only play with random people that i get matchmaked with.

:)

NickZaw, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Netechma Win User

How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to each other, can't send game invites.

Without references like these I never would have known the term NAT type let alone what one is. I hope your issue was fixed. If nothing else your thread educated me on some things.
  3. NickZaw Win User

How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to each other, can't send game invites.

But my NAT is open and my friends can't join me or invite me anyway, or even see me when im online. Even those who also have open NAT
  4. Viper7Gamer Win User

That is how the Appear Offline works by design. So you don't get unwanted pop ups.

The only way you can send a game invite to your friend is if he is appearing online and vice versa.
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Are you just appearing offline or do you mean you actually disconnect from internet and play offline?
  6. Frozenturkey7 Win User

Do you have xboxlive if not that may be your problem.
Thema:

1. How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to... - Similar Threads - play friends friends

2. Can i play realms 2 player with 2 friends plus me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i play realms 2 player with 2 friends plus me?: i want to buy a 2 player realm and i have 2 friends will it let me play with my 2 friends plus me or just me or with 1 friend? ec0ca403-49e6-475d-bb01-5859f5ffbac5
  3. Why wont the xbox one x my friend own cross platform play with my ps4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont the xbox one x my friend own cross platform play with my ps4?: I have no issue inviting him and I have a microsoft account connected to my ps4. He is the one having the issues. He says his settings are set up and we are friends on microsoft. It will not show...
  4. The,friends playing, section of the main home screen should only show friends playing games...

in XboX Insiders
    The,friends playing, section of the main home screen should only show friends playing games...: Upvote for support. submitted by /u/xGEARSxHEADx7 [link] [comments]
  5. How do I watch my friend play his games through the Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I watch my friend play his games through the Xbox app: Back before the new Xbox update for iOS, I was able to watch my friend’s “stream” without him doing anything. After the update I cannot find this functionality again. Did they remove it? And if...
  6. Playing with friends on PS4 minecraft realm

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing with friends on PS4 minecraft realm: I recently moved away from my friends and realms came out on ps4 recently so we decided to make one, but i cant join because of how my microsft account is set up and when i try and fix the problem...
  7. Minecraft - LAN Games suddenly broke (Your friends are not playing Minecraft right now)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft - LAN Games suddenly broke (Your friends are not playing Minecraft right now): I have been playing Minecraft on LAN together with my kids for quite a while without any issues. Game is hosted on PC, joined by PC and by Xbox. A couple of weeks ago this stopped working. All...
  8. Minecraft: Cross play from my PC to my friend's Xbox 1 doesn't work (sometimes)

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft: Cross play from my PC to my friend's Xbox 1 doesn't work (sometimes): Hello, So my friend who is on an xbox and has minecraft and I am on my windows laptop and we want to play minecraft together on one of his worlds he made on his console (We can't make a realm...
  9. Ultimate pass, playing with friends on other devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ultimate pass, playing with friends on other devices: We have an xbox one s with no subscription at the moment, can I buy the ultimate pass or is it only available as an upgrade from a different subscription? Assuming I can buy the pass can my son...
  10. I need to keep giving permission to play with friends on Minecraft.+

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to keep giving permission to play with friends on Minecraft.+: Hello, I have recently bought Minecraft Bedrock Edition but when I started it up I had to get parental permission to play with friends. I thought weird but ok. However every time I start up my PC...