How do I prevent my children from using my XBOX account?

Discus and support How do I prevent my children from using my XBOX account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is there a way to check the usage of my XBOX gamer tag? I think my son has been using the parent account when his time runs out. I want to see when /... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kujawafamily, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Kujawafamily
    Kujawafamily Guest

Is there a way to check the usage of my XBOX gamer tag? I think my son has been using the parent account when his time runs out. I want to see when / how much he's used it and also prevent him from doing this in the future. HELP!

:)

Kujawafamily, Jul 24, 2019
  2. BraveSir Paul Win User

As others have suggested a passkey is the best way to go - and is what I use here
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Kujawafamily,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

You can view the sign in activity of the Gamertag associated with your Microsoft Account from the
    Recent Activity tab on account.microsoft.com. It will show device or app specific info and I believe it also has the time when signed in as well.

I recommend setting up your account on the Xbox with more sign in security like a passkey or locking it down with the password. Just sign in with your account on the Xbox and open the Settings. Then on Account, select the first option "Sign-in, security,
    & passkey", then "Change my sign-in & security preferences". Select Ask for my passkey, which will make you create a 6 digit passkey for signing in, changing settings, or making purchases. You can also select Lock it down to require the account's password
    for the same things the passkey secures.

I hope this helps!
  4. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Kujawafamily,

You should put a passkey on your account. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/create-xbox-one-passkey

Here’s just a few benefits of having a passkey on your account:

• A passkey protects against a child signing in as the parent and overriding parental controls. A personal passkey prevents a child from simply clicking on the parent’s picture, signing in as the parent, and changing the child’s otherwise
      parentally controlled settings.
    • A passkey helps to prevent unapproved charges. You can choose to require a passkey to make any purchase on Xbox Live. Setting a passkey helps prevent children from making unapproved purchases.
    • A passkey allows the parent to grant content exceptions. The only way for a parent to override a content limitation is by entering his or her personal passkey, so it’s easier to manage what content your children can see on your console.
  5. Miku Sakuya Win User

When on your account you should be able to go into settings and on your account there should he an option to lock it down so nobody can get on it without password
  6. SylvorOnix Win User

I would change the log in information on the parent account meaning the password. Enable two step verification so that way your mobile device gets notified and has to approve log in. Put the authenticator app on your mobile device from your app store for
    the device...ios..android. I would suggest a passkey if you want to use that route and that can be done from the xbox. Two step verification would be through

Login.live.com, type this in browser to go to your Microsoft account
Thema:

1. How do I prevent my children from using my XBOX account? - Similar Threads - prevent children using

2. Xbox keeps preventing sign-in (0x80a4001a)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps preventing sign-in (0x80a4001a): This error has been annoying me like freaking CRAZY for the past 10 minutes. I cannot sign in at all, and this has drove me INSANE. Error 0x8007000E also is now showing up. How do I fix this?!...
  3. Gamertag prevention

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag prevention: Bonjour depuis quelques jour mon Gamertag a étais ban pour raison de rasist mon ancien Gamertag était Oni Blackyy vous trouvé sa rasist moi non Oni veux dire démon en japonais et Blackyy un surnom...
  4. can the next update prevent this, your stuck on troubleshoot the whole time and forced to...

in XboX Insiders
    can the next update prevent this, your stuck on troubleshoot the whole time and forced to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/mosesshiferaw12 [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox beta for PC preventing PC going to sleep

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox beta for PC preventing PC going to sleep: In the title, the app prevents my computer from sleeping. I see on forums others have had the issue. I have confirmed it is the app causing it on my computer, just hoping to get the issue some...
  6. Problem with ad hanging up preventing the game from loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with ad hanging up preventing the game from loading: the ad with the find 5 dogs for the Hidden game is hanging up every time it plays in the free version and you can't close the ad page and the game will not load. you can't click on anything on the...
  7. How to prevent child from removing his ID from our Family account and time restrictions

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to prevent child from removing his ID from our Family account and time restrictions: We had successfully installed and setup our child's Xbox1 account on our Family account. Once the child had used up his online screen time, he simply removed himself from our Family using his...
  8. Why does the store prevent me from signing in?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the store prevent me from signing in?: When I put in my password (which is correct), it asks me to verify my identity. After getting the code on my phone and typing it in, the window just asks for my password again and verify my...
  9. My Bluetooth Controller Prevents Streaming?

in XBoX on Windows
    My Bluetooth Controller Prevents Streaming?: I've been trying to get streaming working between my Xbox One and my Razer Edge Pro tablet. I was starting to think there was something wrong with it's wireless card because I kept getting...
  10. Halo Wars 2 PC - game pass subscription I have never even owned or bought/used prevented me...

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo Wars 2 PC - game pass subscription I have never even owned or bought/used prevented me...: I have owned halo wars 2 on the pc for over a year. I have played countless games with two of my buddies. When I logged on today, I could not launch the game and was receiving a message from...