How do I reset my xbox as my "primary" xbox.

Discus and support How do I reset my xbox as my "primary" xbox. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So me and my brother both got Xbox Ones for christmas. We opened mine first and I signed my account on it. My brother signed on mine first as well.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Elliott 0, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Elliott 0
    Elliott 0 Guest

So me and my brother both got Xbox Ones for christmas. We opened mine first and I signed my account on it. My brother signed on mine first as well.

What this did though, was set this xbox (since we both signed in on this one first) as both my brother's and my home xbox. So whenever he buys a game on his account it also goes straight to my xbox and can be played on mine by me without having to pay anything.
    I want my "primary" or "home xbox" on his xbox or his primary back on his xbox. This "primary xbox" stuff is set whenever you sign in first to a xbox.

How do we reset this? Or is it unchangable? It's like the license transfering on Xbox 360 but here it cannot be changed.

:)

Elliott 0, Apr 28, 2014
  2. Can not set this Xbox as your primary

X K1ll3RxBoss X, Apr 28, 2014
  3. Heimkonsole zurücksetzen

Ich möchte meine Xbox Heimkonsole zurücksetzen weil ich sie schon 3 mal geändert habe. Wie kann ich das Machen

[Translated]

[Translated]

Trickstar5000, Apr 28, 2014
  4. Rjcrane
    Rjcrane Guest

Rjcrane, May 1, 2014
  5. Rjcrane Win User

6. Hailoin Win User

Just changed my E-mail but can't use the old one to change E-mail on another Xbox account.

That wasn't what I meant, what I meant is how long do I need to wait to use my primary e-mail on my primary xbox live account since I've already changed my primary email with some secondary email. Do I again need to wait for a month until I can use my primary
    email to replace the email on my primary xbox live account ?
  7. Pougalbear Win User

How do I change my primary email?

Happened to me but I got the code sent to my home phone via voice message. The message on xbox gives a link to live to update and verify security settings. So no need for an alternate e-mail address as I dont have one. Hope this helps a bit.
  8. John Dowding Win User

[quote user="voteDC"]MY sister changed the email address on her account through the dashboard just last week and no authorisation code was needed.[/quote]

Yes but I think because I have had the message about security last night and they have already sent me a code to the invalid email, the system says i have to input the code rather than ask me for my password so the process doesnt work, I tried it just
    now after Boas provided the link No Code = No Progress!
  9. John Dowding Win User

@Boas yes indeed I am in the Beta got a massive update last night and then the security message

@ Vote DC thanks but Boas pointed me in that direction. Although I may have to do that but it seems bloody long winded when I just want to change the email to a valid one

@ Lofty stop being so bloomin nosey! ;-)

I will probably try and ring support but when I was suspended for being a naughty Genchy some while ago and rang them to find out why, they said "check your email" I said " I cant its invalid" they said "check your email thats the only way" I said "what
    bit about it being invalid is hard to get a grip on" they said "you need to check your email" and so it went on until I gave up and went away and did my time. Never did find out why i was suspended for 24 hrs.
Thema:

1. How do I reset my xbox as my "primary" xbox. - Similar Threads - reset primary

2. Factory Reset, Game Lost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Factory Reset, Game Lost: Hi all, I need some help please. I bought Grand Theft Auto 5 in the play store about 8 moths ago, but I was having some problems with my Xbox so a friend of mine helped me to reset my console. I...
  3. Factory Reset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Factory Reset: I sold my Xbox One S but before I did i reset factory on the Xbox and removed my account and removed my digital games. I just logged in on Microsoft.com and it shows the xbox I used or logged...
  4. Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...: Hi it's day 4 of the Xbox birthday saga. Any help appreciated. My payment card etc got initially associated with the child account, and because it was all [mod removed] about face, once the child...
  5. Reset my home Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset my home Xbox: Can i reset my home xbox please 71603db4-4bc3-4f0c-9381-c76610c9a460
  6. Resetting Treasure Hunt settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    Resetting Treasure Hunt settings.: Hello! I was so (un)lucky that I bought the fifth heart in Treasure Hunt.. When I did this I didn't know that I was not able to buy more carrying capacity for pickaxes, dynamite and maps. It...
  7. Xbox One Reset to default

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Reset to default: I bought an Xbox one from a relative who already has her user account logged in. This came with original DVD games. How do I reset this to default and re-install games. I want to be sure these...
  8. Reset parental control settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset parental control settings.: Hello, I need a parental reset code for X Box 360 S / [Mod Removed]. thank 261ed7c0-d09a-4456-b3d3-88d75b2644ea
  9. Resetting Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resetting Xbox: I'm looking to reset my Xbox but I don't want to lose my fortnite account I have too much money into it. and I have Xbox live if I do a factory reset on my Xbox and then I add my Xbox account back...
  10. Xbox resetting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox resetting: I'm looking to reset my Xbox one but I'm not sure if I'll lose my games on my account like fortnite I have way too much in it to lose it so I was wondering before I reset my Xbox if I'd be able to...