How do I set up game sharing for all of these scenarios?

Discus and support How do I set up game sharing for all of these scenarios? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If I set up game pass sharing based on everything I've read, there may be 2-3 scenarios that I'm not sure would work (circled in red below). For... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by itwastaken, Jan 15, 2020.

1. itwastaken
    itwastaken Guest

If I set up game pass sharing based on everything I've read, there may be 2-3 scenarios that I'm not sure would work (circled in red below).

For this, assume that the "dog" is the account holder for Game Pass Ultimate and the dog's home is set to Xbox S, while the cat's home is Xbox X. Here are the scenarios and settings assumed:

How do I set up game sharing for all of these scenarios? [​IMG]

:)

itwastaken, Jan 15, 2020
  2. OakGill Win User

Hello, I read your post, and I believe I understand your situation. Xbox Ambassadors are here to help.

May I take just a moment to make note of the intricacy of your charts! That took effort, I've never seen anything like it in these forums, and I'm quite impressed to be honest! I just received my new Xbox one X two days ago, and had quite a similar situation.
    from what I had read, and to my understanding I thought any Xbox in my home would be able to play on my Xbox game pass ultimate subscription. Evidently, this is not the case, you can add users to the account on which owns the subscription. I myself opted to
    go with a second Xbox game pass ultimate subscription. This way I have the ability to play the full range of games on both Xboxes at the same time.

I hope this helps.
  3. BakyOsijekHr Win User

I must answer. Newer saw anything like that in my ambassador time. You are just great! How to answer on something smart and funny like this? Anyway. To be able to play the same game on two Xboxes, the account which bought the game must be set as homeobox
    account on S. In that case, anyone on S can share his games, apps, and subscriptions. On the other console, that same account must be logged in to play all its games. But it cannot share since it can have only one home box. If somebody else wants to play must
    use this account. And I think that you can't play the same game at the same time on both consoles. So, I think that scenario 7 won't work. Obviously scenario 2 won't work since the owner of the game pass is not logged. The same for 9.
  4. Smwutches Win User

In order to share, the Ultimate, any accounts need to use the Home of the "dog" no matter what scenario. So if I'm reading them correctly, scenarios 3,4,5,and 6 are all set correctly for sharing if the cat is only going to be using the One S.
  5. Shadowz247 Win User

No longer able to Remotely power on the Xbox One

I can turn it on using the android app as well as the windows 10 app. Are all the game sharing/ streaming setting set properly on your console? also make sure all your apps are up to date. But I do think its your console settings.

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-use-game-streaming

Happy gaming
  6. zzIRISMAXIMUSzz Win User

Game Sharing with the Husband

You cannot get banned for setting up game share. I have been doing this with my brother since the 360 and had help setting it up on the one directly from Microsoft. It's just different on how it's done. All you need to do is set your home to his xbox and
    his home to yours. Here is the guide .https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
Thema:

1. How do I set up game sharing for all of these scenarios? - Similar Threads - set game sharing

2. Having subscription under settings, but in app not recognised. (XBOX APP, PC, XBOX GAME...

in XBoX on Windows
    Having subscription under settings, but in app not recognised. (XBOX APP, PC, XBOX GAME...: [img] [img] Do I need to say more? Having subscription under settings, but in app not recognised. (XBOX APP, PC, XBOX GAME PASS FREE DISCORD) Under settings, on my internet browser, for...
  3. Sound options in xbox settings vs game settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound options in xbox settings vs game settings: I have heard audio settings on xbox (windows sonic and atmos), and game audio settings, will override each other. Basically, if you have you xbox set to windows sonic, and your game audio is set...
  4. Game Pass Ultimate sharing - Home setting not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Ultimate sharing - Home setting not working: Hi all In my household we have two XBox - mine in the lounge (let's call this Xbox 1) and my son's in his room (Xbox 2). I have Game Pass Ultimate subscription under my account. We just had to...
  5. why is the option 'you can see and share content' missing from the game content settings?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the option 'you can see and share content' missing from the game content settings?: I have spent days going through all the settings to allow my son to play multiplayer games on xbox one. I have followed all the advice allowing multiplayer games and join clubs etc. I have even...
  6. When I attempt to game share with a friend and set his gamertag as “my home xbox“ I get an...

in XboX Insiders
    When I attempt to game share with a friend and set his gamertag as “my home xbox“ I get an...: When I attempt to game share with a friend and set his gamertag as “my home xbox“ I get the error, “we are unable to connect to the service at the moment. try again in a little while”. I have 5...
  7. Game Sharing with home xbox set on xbox one x not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Sharing with home xbox set on xbox one x not working: I've set up my account sharing with my daughter but she still can't play my games on her account. I set my home account on her xbox and set her home account on my xbox. When I'm on her xbox I'm...
  8. I would like to set my brothers Xbox account as my Xbox so we can share our games again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would like to set my brothers Xbox account as my Xbox so we can share our games again.: it will not let me update my Xbox account to my brothers home Xbox and it’s our games so could I please set his account as home Xbox please. ae042ada-caad-457b-89d6-c0eb728b489e
  9. Is there anyway I can set the home of my Xbox one more time I need to game share with my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway I can set the home of my Xbox one more time I need to game share with my ...: apparently I already set my home for my account three times is there anyway I can set it another time because I need to game share with my brother f508839b-0df3-4038-87e8-6617c8b8e9ab
  10. game sharing works on and off my friend set my xbox as his home xbox but it wont work ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    game sharing works on and off my friend set my xbox as his home xbox but it wont work ...: my friend set my xbox as his home xbox I could play his games for a day now it has stopped his account is still on my xbox but it wont work none of the games at will work. and now apparently...