How do I tell the Xbox app where my installed games are

Discus and support How do I tell the Xbox app where my installed games are in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I installed some games to an external hard drive for use on a different computer and the Xbox app isn't showing my installed games. How do I tell it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CarsonGrahn, Apr 30, 2022.

1. CarsonGrahn
    CarsonGrahn Guest

I installed some games to an external hard drive for use on a different computer and the Xbox app isn't showing my installed games. How do I tell it where my games are without completely reinstalling them? I have my games in the path of A:\Games\Windows Games, A: being my external hard drive.

:)

CarsonGrahn, Apr 30, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi CarsonGrahn! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You would need to try to install the games again and select the same drive where you installed the games on the difference PC, sometimes this works and you get a download speed that is super fast because is not really downloading

But the reality is that each game installation is specifically made for the PC where you are installing the games, so you will need to install those games again
  3. ngocphi Win User

You domt

You have to.install them locally on the said computer
  4. Ak1raTetsuO Win User

i'm at work and trying to download Modern Warfare Warzone on my home xbox one x so it's ready when i'm home.

5. xBPx PRIME Win User

Xbox mobile downloads?

I read all that earlier and it tells you how to do it from the pc windows app and the game pass app but not the regular mobile app. Right now when i buy a game on the mobile all it downloads and installs on my home xbox which is currently my sisters. But
    it does not download on my xbox i have to go to ready to install and download it from there. I want it to download on mine and mot my sisters without making my xbox the home xbox because then she will not be able to play the games i have bought.
  6. aNNOYING22222 Win User

Minecraft Java Edition not installing despite me very much owning it

I installed on xbox app and I don't know how to do that, it just tells me I'm not logged in when I am
Thema:

1. How do I tell the Xbox app where my installed games are - Similar Threads - tell app where

2. I own a DLC for a game, it tells me to download on the xbox app, it won't give me a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own a DLC for a game, it tells me to download on the xbox app, it won't give me a...: Hello Microsoft Support Team! Sorry for bothering you once again, but I have another issue with ARK: Survival Evolved. This time with the DLC, ARK: Aberration. As it says in the subject, I cannot...
  3. Game pass app telling me to sign up to ultimate

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game pass app telling me to sign up to ultimate: Have signed up to game pass ultimate to stream games but the android app is telling me I still need to sign up. My Microsoft account says I have an ultimate subscription....
  4. I have an XBOX game Pass Subscription, but the app always tells me to get the subscription...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have an XBOX game Pass Subscription, but the app always tells me to get the subscription...: I have an Xbox game pass subscription to which I make payment on a monthly basis. For past 1 week however, whenever I open the Xbox app on PC, it tells me to Join Game Pass (Which I already...
  5. The Xbox App for PC is telling me that Game Pass isn't available in my region, but I'm in...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox App for PC is telling me that Game Pass isn't available in my region, but I'm in...: Recently the Xbox App started telling me that Game Pass isn't available in my region, despite that I have had game pass for quite a while and even have multiple games on my PC installed through...
  6. HOW DO I JOIN THE XBOX BETA APP. IM TRYING TO JOIN BUT IT TELLS ME I NEED A CODE. ANYONE...

in XboX Insiders
    HOW DO I JOIN THE XBOX BETA APP. IM TRYING TO JOIN BUT IT TELLS ME I NEED A CODE. ANYONE...: On test flight it tells me i need a code to join the beta of the xbox app. Anyone has it and could share it? submitted by /u/PiHell350 [link] [comments]
  7. HOW DO I JOIN THE XBOX BETA APP. IM TRYING TO JOIN BUT IT TELLS ME I NEED A CODE. ANYONE...

in XboX Insiders
    HOW DO I JOIN THE XBOX BETA APP. IM TRYING TO JOIN BUT IT TELLS ME I NEED A CODE. ANYONE...: On test flight it tells me i need a code to join the beta of the xbox app. Anyone has it and could share it? submitted by /u/PiHell350 [link] [comments]
  8. New Xbox Beta app tells me to download games on my console that are already installed

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox Beta app tells me to download games on my console that are already installed: Anyone else having this issue? On the app, there is a "jump back in" section, however when I click on the game it says "download to console" when the game is already downloaded. I assumed you...
  9. Xbox app error code 0x80070070 despite telling it to install on another drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app error code 0x80070070 despite telling it to install on another drive?: Title, basically. Tried installing A Plague Tale and get error 0x80070070 despite telling it to install on a drive that has more than enough space for it. Tried with Kingdom Come and Alien:...
  10. Xbox companion app tells me "To continue, sign in your console using this account" even...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox companion app tells me "To continue, sign in your console using this account" even...: So, for 2 hours now, it keeps saying that, even though I am logged with the same account both on my xbox one and on the companion app. d7c48e00-3115-4cc7-87d2-63b3f0de4948