How do I turn off. Voice box notification in xbox one?

Discus and support How do I turn off. Voice box notification in xbox one? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I play call of duty on my xbox one there is a popup box that shows the names of the people in my party when they talk. It is in the top left of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gregger44, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Gregger44
    Gregger44 Guest

When I play call of duty on my xbox one there is a popup box that shows the names of the people in my party when they talk. It is in the top left of the screen and blocks my ability to see maps, etc. how do I turn it off.

:)

Gregger44, Mar 26, 2020
  2. MilkTruct10n Win User

In order to turn off voice overlay you need to go to party settings, which would be in the xbox dashboard (when you press the home button on your controller) and then after going on party settings you should see voice overlay as one of the options. You
    can move where you want it to be and change the transparency of the box, or turn it off all together.
  3. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Hi, I know those overlays are sometimes frustrating but you can disable them. When in a party bring up the party menu and there is a toggle halfway down the screen labeled "Voice Overlay" just disable this toggle and the overlay will not longer display.
  4. makinmagic3-F9C21CB9 Win User

Not Receiving Messages

Do you have notifications turned off ?

Xbox guide button (controller) > Settings > Preferences > Notifications > make sure all boxes are ticked.
  5. Saloric Win User

Can't delete my notification

You could try to delete your profile from your Xbox and then reinstall it. That may reset the notifications on the Xbox.

Otherwise you could go into your Xbox notification center and TURN OFF notifications. Perhaps this will allow it to remove or refresh your notifications.

My searches have found that a hard reset will remove the notifications most of the time. I don't know if you have done this or know how.

Unplug your Xbox power cord from the Xbox and from the power box. Wait 25-30 seconds (the white light on the power box should go dark). Plug the power cords back in and turn on the Xbox. There will be a green loading screen for a while.

Very weird problem you have. I think the best bet is the hard restart or profile reinstall.
  6. AridLizard Win User

Problem with Parties

it would appear that there is a glitch with the overlays for notifications (achievements and invites) and the voice overlay (displaying GT of person talking in Party)

if the Power Cycle doesn't work, for a workaround you could turn off the voice overlay in the Party (press the XB button to bring up the side bar then highlight Party and press A then highlight Voice Overlay and switch it to Off)

you can also turn off individual notifications to minimise the disruption to your gaming (although you'd probably want to keep invites and messages on)

hope this helps
Thema:

1. How do I turn off. Voice box notification in xbox one? - Similar Threads - turn off Voice

2. Xbox one Voice chat off - how to turn on

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one Voice chat off - how to turn on: Voice chat is off showing it is locked by parental controls. My son is unable to speak on line with his friends. When we go into settings it shows that it is all turned on. We’ve done the Google...
  3. Turning off voice commands completely

in XBoX Accessibility
    Turning off voice commands completely: People might say im paranoid, whatever i would just like to know how to completely turn off any and all voice commands. I dont play online so dont need mic. 4607ab2f-4f5c-4223-b9a0-36cabacc0c96
  4. How to turn off the voice commentary on a movie on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off the voice commentary on a movie on Xbox 360: I just bought the spiderman homecoming movie and there is a commentary which im assuming it’s for the visually impaired. How do i turn it off? 5138dd82-ba12-433d-8cb1-3c8a5858b854
  5. how do i turn off voice guide on xbox one console???????

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i turn off voice guide on xbox one console???????: how do i turn off voice guide on xbox one console 5d473fbb-ac33-4367-90c6-0652e76f709a
  6. Turn off narrator/voice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Turn off narrator/voice: theres a narrator or voice over that describes whats happening in the movie i just purchased on my xbox 360. I want to know how i turn it off. c0d3f03f-b8b4-4e8d-80a3-47f007f9d13d
  7. How do I turn off the Siri-like "selected" voice on the menu?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I turn off the Siri-like "selected" voice on the menu?: This computer voice just showed up on my home menu the other day and reads to me every time I move the cursor. I've looked all through settings and can't find where to turn off the voice. It is...
  8. Voice "xbox turn off" error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Voice "xbox turn off" error: Hi i were wondering if anyone can help, when i use the "xbox turn off" voice option my xbox doesnt turn off, its like it keeps on resetting itself. Theres no visual on tv, the kinect lights turn...
  9. Voice command Xbox turn off"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Voice command Xbox turn off": My xbox one voice command on and off worked ok. Well getting it to come on was kind of a pain but turning it off worked great. But now it will not turn off by voice comma d. I have to turn the...
  10. Kinect voice Commands to Turn Off the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect voice Commands to Turn Off the console: Hi, Not sure if this has been asked and answered or when this will be resolved but ever since the last update my console will not turn off by voice. It goes to Turn Off screen and thats it it...