How do I update Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on Windows

Discus and support How do I update Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on Windows in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; It is currently running firmware 4.7.1872.0, and I was hoping to bring its firmware up to the insiders version, but it's not showing up in the Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/spitf1r3, Nov 25, 2021.

1. /u/spitf1r3
    /u/spitf1r3 Guest

It is currently running firmware 4.7.1872.0, and I was hoping to bring its firmware up to the insiders version, but it's not showing up in the Xbox accessories app on Windows 10. I've opted in to "Windows Gaming" program in the Xbox Insider Hub and connected my pad with USB-C cable. Do I need to do anything else? Why is it not showing up?

submitted by /u/spitf1r3
    [link] [comments]

/u/spitf1r3, Nov 25, 2021
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app

• To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes.

See how to get updates
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and plug the
      other end into your PC. For more info, see
      How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown

Hi PsycoPyro88,

Thanks for the reply. The Elite controller series 2 has various methods of mapping the buttons and paddles as compared to the series 1. If you haven't done so already, I recommend taking a look at the following support articles that
    can assist you in determining how to set up the different functions, including how to use Shift with the controller to give you alternate inputs:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

I hope that this information helps you out!
  4. Ta5man186 Win User

Xboc controller

the elite controller series 2 has Bluetooth compatibility and is therefore compatible with windows 10 too. the first release of the elite controller was before xbox was integrated into windows 10, therefore there was no need at the time for Bluetooth.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Are Xbox Wireless Controller user remap profiles supported when connecting to Windows 10 PC via bluetooth? Works fine when USB

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Customizing user profiles on a Windows 10 PC is not supported via Bluetooth. Any Bluetooth capable Xbox One controllers will need to be plugged in via USB-C or through the Xbox Wireless Adapter if you want to customize and use custom profiles. The Xbox Accessories
    app will not detect your controller over Bluetooth connection.

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Things to keep in mind:

• The Xbox Accessories app is only available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
    • To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes.

See how to get updates
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless
      Controller Series 2 and plug the other end into your PC. For more info, see
      How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

I hope this helps!
  6. s33r Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

The original XBox Elite controller requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so without that adapter it will not be recognized properly by Windows. The newer, Elite Series 2 can connect to a Windows 10 PC without the need of an adapter.
Thema:

1. How do I update Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on Windows - Similar Threads - update Elite Series

2. xbox elite series 2 controller firmware update

in XboX Insiders
    xbox elite series 2 controller firmware update: so apparently the elite 2 controller had a beta update through the xbox insider program which i was UNAWARE of. I always use my elite 2 controller wirelessly through bluetooth on pc but, today i...
  3. Xbox Accessories App PC needs an update for Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Accessories App PC needs an update for Xbox Elite Series 2: after I updated my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller using my friend's Xbox One console. I went home to open Xbox Accessories App on my PC so I can configure my controller. My Controller's version...
  4. Xbox Elite Controller Series 1 did not receive firmware update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 1 did not receive firmware update: Is it not going to receive the Dynamic Latency Input update like the other Xbox One controllers or there are some Xbox One controllers that are not included? submitted by /u/ZAYONATA [link]...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, no firmware update button on Xbox Accessories App PC. Pls Help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, no firmware update button on Xbox Accessories App PC. Pls Help.: My Xbox Elite 2 firmware version is 4.7.1872.0 Problem on Android: LB - Takes me to Android Settings RB - Takes me to Android Search B - Takes me to the Switch App screen Problem on PC: A -...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2, firmware update problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2, firmware update problem: My Xbox Elite 2 firmware version is 4.7.1872.0 Problem on Android: LB - Takes me to Android Settings RB - Takes me to Android Search B - Takes me to the Switch App screen Problem on PC: A...
  7. Elite Series 2 Not working on iOS After firmware Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Not working on iOS After firmware Update: I recently have Updated my Elite Series 2 through my Xbox and the update worked fine. But I have just tried to connect it to my IPad and while it registers it shows up as Xbox wireless controller...
  8. Is there a way to force an update for a Elite Controller Series 2 on PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to force an update for a Elite Controller Series 2 on PC?: Something is amiss with the Xbox Accessories app. I recently bought a Elite Controller Series 2. The controller is detected just fine. But the app fails to update the controller. Or even provide...
  9. Elite series 2 not working on PC after update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 not working on PC after update.: so I got the new Update for the elite series 2 which allows it to swap between the console and a bluetooth device. It works when i use it on my iphone, but not when i try to use it on my pc. It...
  10. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Firmware Update Stuck (PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Firmware Update Stuck (PC): Hey, I bought my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 yesterday, and tried to update the controller with the Xbox Accessories App (to use the customization features). But the update progress...