: How do you change an Audio Reciever # on an Xbox One X?

Discus and support : How do you change an Audio Reciever # on an Xbox One X? in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : How do you change an Audio Reciever # on an Xbox One X? I just recieved a Samsung Soundbar (HT- Q900T) and since I have an older TV, I am running my... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by ClearyMonkey, Apr 17, 2021.

1. ClearyMonkey
    ClearyMonkey Guest

I just recieved a Samsung Soundbar (HT- Q900T) and since I have an older TV, I am running my console through the soundbar and then HDMI eArc to the TV.

When trying to setup the 'TV & A/V Power Options', I accidentally selected the wrong code. Now when I go back in, I cant change the Audio reciever device anywhere.

I do have sound, but I want to choose the correct Audio Reciever for the Device Power Options, so when I power off the Xbox, the soundbar and TV will turn off. (TV is already configured in the Xbox to turn off).

Where is the ability to change audio reciever information in the Xbox One X menus?

:)

ClearyMonkey, Apr 17, 2021
  2. Mister Mascot Win User

XBOX One SPDIF Audio Set-up

Hey there PepperThyme,

This page will show you how to change the SPDIF to the audio source and HDMI for Video only. I believe that's what you're looking to do. :)

Configure Audio settings on Xbox One
  3. Mister Beep Win User

Audio Issues

Hey guys!

Sorry to hear about the game audio issues. Try setting the audio output to Stereo for Optical audio and HDMI audio (which ever applies). To do so, follow these steps:

• On your Xbox One controller, press the Menu button and select Settings.
    • From the Settings menu, select Display & Sound.
    • From this menu, you can change the audio output setting's in the far right group.
    Change the audio output to Stereo and let me know how it goes!
  4. CourtneySmith_ Win User

No sound through Optical from Xbox to A/V reciever

Hi ivCourtSmith,

Can you let us know if the stereo system is up to date if it is able to receive those? Also, can you let us know the make and model of the system you are working with as well? Let's be sure to check out the

guide for audio devices
    as well.

Thank you!
    Hi,

I am able to get it working now but I cannot get any speech/voice surround sound 5.1 through my xbox one. I can get speech and voice on stereo uncompressed but not 5.1 uncompressed.

I have the xbox wired differently now also:

HDMI from Xbox One to TV

Coaxial digital audio cable from TV to Reciever.

My reciever is a JVC RX-5022R Audio Visual Reciever.

Thanks.
  5. PatriotSH529 Win User

I NEED HELP

Hi, try changing how the audio comes out of your Xbox by going to settings, then system, then audio and you can change it from there
  6. Gello41 Win User

Tips for keeping up as a beginner?

how do you use the clutch? do u keep finger on button when changing gear or do u just press then change gear? any tips will be gratefully recieved.
Thema:

1. : How do you change an Audio Reciever # on an Xbox One X? - Similar Threads - change Audio Reciever

2. Audio loss after changing inputs issue

in XboX Insiders
    Audio loss after changing inputs issue: Hey so the last week or so i have been having an issue where I'll be playing a game for a bit and i turn off my xbox or change input to either netflix app or my laptop where i stream sports and...
  3. Xbox Speaker Audio Format Changing after Headset Use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Speaker Audio Format Changing after Headset Use: My Xbox One S has the HDMI audio out set as bitstream with the Dolby Atmos format, however when I use my Steel Series Arctis 7X headset and then power the headset off, the HDMI audio format...
  4. Xbox omega update changed ability to capture game chat audio on twitch!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox omega update changed ability to capture game chat audio on twitch!: I am a twitch streamer on the Series X. For a long time, my game chat audio was included in my twitch stream without a capture card or having to be in an Xbox party... however, a few days ago this...
  5. Fortnite on xbox keeps changing audio settings - I cannot be heard by my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite on xbox keeps changing audio settings - I cannot be heard by my friends: Hi When using fortnite on my xbox one I cannot be heard by my friends when playing with them. I have to go into the audio settings when in fortnite and Switch mic to PTT and voice chat from on to...
  6. Issue: Dolby Atmos lost audio each time with changed from Dashboard to Games

in XboX Insiders
    Issue: Dolby Atmos lost audio each time with changed from Dashboard to Games: Hello, I’m using the Dolby Atmos with an external Soundbar. The issue is that by default I have an input lag only in Dolby Atmos, caused by the TV itself. I found a way to fix it by enabling...
  7. How to do I change balance audio?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to do I change balance audio?: So I'm trying to stream through my pc (looking at my xbox through my pc) but when I start something up like Ark Or Fortnite the music is loud as heck. Sidenote I'm using the turtle beach stealth...
  8. Xbox One X changes bitstream format and hdmi audio on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X changes bitstream format and hdmi audio on its own: Does anybody have this problem? I want my Xbox One X to do HDMI audio Bitstream out with a Bitstream of DTS and THIS xbox consistently refuses to adhere to those settings. I have an xbox one s in...
  9. Putting drastic actions like sign-out next to changes like audio settings.

in XboX Insiders
    Putting drastic actions like sign-out next to changes like audio settings.: I pass along because he is right "perhaps right above "audio", is a bad place to put "sign out". I went to change my headset volume and now I have to wait five minutes for freaking...
  10. Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and...: I was playing a dvd with the xboxone which is connected to my t v by an hdmi cable- no cable or sat tv. The audio quit. I changed the hdmi cable to see if that was it and still no audio. The tv...