How do you keep my son from sharing his real name with friends in Minecraft?

Discus and support How do you keep my son from sharing his real name with friends in Minecraft? in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hello, When my son tried to connect with his friend as a "Friend" in Minecraft, the checkbox to share his real name with him was checked, and it was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Mary_Anne T, May 19, 2020.

1. Mary_Anne T
    Mary_Anne T Guest

Hello, When my son tried to connect with his friend as a "Friend" in Minecraft, the checkbox to share his real name with him was checked, and it was impossible to uncheck it. How do you uncheck it or have it set so he does not share his real name?

I looked at this, but I was unable to follow it. I'm not sure where I am supposed to find the Xbox icon, and the menu was different when I tried to follow it in account.xbox.com/settings.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...ty/share-socialize/real-name-sharing-xbox-one

Please let me know how I can do this. Thank you!

:)

Mary_Anne T, May 19, 2020
  2. planetchampion Win User

It's in settings to change your name or dont use your name
  3. Mary_Anne T Win User

Hi, thank you for your response! Which settings? In Minecraft or accounts.xbox.com?
  4. kykeon Win User

Change my childs name on Xbox

Hi Danny,

if I have my real name and surname in "How you look" but "block sharing my real name with friends", will it still show what is written in "How you look" (which in this case
    is also my real name) or will not show anything apart from my gametag?

What I am trying to understand is if when you block sharing your real name it actually stops sharing what's written in the "How you look" tab, or if stops sharing your "real
    name" (known from somewhere else in my registration).

Thanks
  5. DigitalAssassin Win User

How do You Remove Real Name on Dashboard Log-in?

Hi again, so I was having a think about this because recently my Xbox has been asking me to setup real name sharing which I keep refusing. I can't remember seeing my real name in the account sign-in menu which made think that what if you disabled sharing,
    assuming you have it on?

Disable real name sharing

You can turn off name sharing at any time from Settings:

1.Go to the Home screen.

2.Press the Menu button on your controller.

3.Select Settings.

4.Go to Privacy & online safety.

5.Select Custom.

6.Scroll right to the desired setting:

◦Share my real name

◦Share my real name with friends of friends

Have you played with the above settings? Maybe give that a go, above information from here:

support.xbox.com/.../real-name-sharing
  6. bstn617 Win User

Real Names

@Dragon how am I lost from your post.

"Here is the quote from Major Nelson: "Most importantly, we heard your feedback that to make this most useful you need full control. You’ll be able to share with all your friends, a subset of your choosing, friends of friends or none at
    all. The choice is yours".

You are aware that this is a idea that is being borowed from somebody else right? The whole point of real name was to get you to link your FaceBook page to your gaming console. Thats why they let you use your profile pic as your gamer pic. On the system
    they borowed this "real names" from they latter updated their app on your phone to let you use any picture but that's the way real names work. Real name Real pic Real you.

I understand that X1 is going to do there own litte tweaks on the system to customize it. But they are copying it which is fine and they should. But they should do it right and let you use your pics. and if they do they have to seperate my friends and the
    friends of my friends.
Thema:

1. How do you keep my son from sharing his real name with friends in Minecraft? - Similar Threads - keep son sharing

2. Trying to setup son's account xbox one to play roblox but keep getting profile error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to setup son's account xbox one to play roblox but keep getting profile error: I have setup my son as a family account off of my main account and looked up the settings to allow multiplayer games, adjusted his age limit, and I still cannot get roblox to work on his account...
  3. "Friend" keeps booting son off live somehow..

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Friend" keeps booting son off live somehow..: Hi. When my son is playing online with his mates one person who doesn't like him sometimes also joins in and tells him he's going to disconnect him from the game. Seconds later he's been...
  4. Xbox One S keeps shutting off when my son is playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S keeps shutting off when my son is playing: My son is getting frustrated with our Xbox One S randomly turning off while he is playing. The console is not overheating (it is still quite cool to the touch when it happens, sits in the open -...
  5. My son can't sign in an error code 0x80a4001a keeps coming on I've seen about removing account ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son can't sign in an error code 0x80a4001a keeps coming on I've seen about removing account ...: Do yo have to delete account to clear this error . And if we have to delete account will all progress be lost 174aef69-fd83-429c-95a5-be59f72f894c
  6. my sons downloaded games keep freezing and going back to home page

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my sons downloaded games keep freezing and going back to home page: We've tried this but it doesn't work To solve this press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select Settings. Select All Settings. Select System. Select Console info & updates there is a button to...
  7. My son keeps getting an error message when loading Terraria

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son keeps getting an error message when loading Terraria: My son can play Terraria offline but when he tries to play online with his friend and join his friend's world he gets the following message: "The game will end due to the member content of...
  8. Brand new to XBOX and my sons Minecraft game keeps telling us it can not save - trial version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new to XBOX and my sons Minecraft game keeps telling us it can not save - trial version.: Brand new to XBOX and my sons Minecraft game keeps telling us it can not save - trial version. I thought we loaded the game? It spend hours loading. 6abc2821-cb86-4fe4-83c0-526685f86827
  9. Some keeps hacking my sons account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some keeps hacking my sons account: someone has hacked into my sons account. I don't have access to the original email it was set up with but I've been able to recover it with security questions and my personal email. The person has...
  10. xmas day. Son extremely upset. New Xbox1 s keeps coming up with error codes and can't update ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xmas day. Son extremely upset. New Xbox1 s keeps coming up with error codes and can't update ...: Just plugged in new xbox s and it needed an update - then said there were update issues. thought we got through that eventually but the 3 games we bought him all needed updates apparently!! all...