how do you turn off controller without getting an error message?

Discus and support how do you turn off controller without getting an error message? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; really stupid question all I'm trying to do is go from 2 player split screen back to single player, but no matter what I do I keep getting a "please... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JasonRein1, Oct 7, 2019.

1. JasonRein1
    JasonRein1 Guest

really stupid question

all I'm trying to do is go from 2 player split screen back to single player, but no matter what I do I keep getting a "please reconnect controller" message. I can not to save my life find a way to turn off the second controller without the system coming
    to a dead stop and giving me this message over and over again. I DON'T WANT THE CONTROLLER CONNECTED ANYMORE!!! WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO TURN IT BACK OFF!? EVER!? or am I missing something really obvious here? how do you go from two controllers back to one?

:)

JasonRein1, Oct 7, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey
    JasonRein1

Thank you for reaching out to Xbox forums support. If you haven't already done so, go ahead and try performing a Soft console Factory
    reset
    on your console by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console. [KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS]
    Make sure you have both your email and password on hand as you will be asked to sign back in. There is an option to delete everything and to save your games and apps; choose the latter. This will
    reset the Operating system [OS] of the console and allow you a fresh start-up.

Hope this helps! Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forum support
  3. AridLizard Win User

no matter what I do I keep getting a "please reconnect controller" message.
    what have you already tried to fix this?

have you signed out the second profile before trying to turn off the controller?
  4. zl DiviNe lz Win User

If this does not work so so there is a problem with your controler and You will have to send it for repair, just need to go to your Microsoft Accound and register your device.
  5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

MY Xbox 360 is being controlled by someone else!

Out of curiosity does it do it without the controller turned off? Just turning on the Xbox via the power button instead of the controller.
  6. RecedingSilver1 Win User

Controller disconnects and reconnects

How do you do that? Is it the same as turning my controller off and on?
Thema:

1. how do you turn off controller without getting an error message? - Similar Threads - turn off controller

2. xbox elite controller turning off randomly need to submit a return

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite controller turning off randomly need to submit a return: Hi I bought the controller directly off the microsoft site it is the elite 2. I need to send it back for warranty yet trying to do this seems impossible on your site. so here i am. I have had to...
  3. My controller keeps on vibrating and after Turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller keeps on vibrating and after Turning off: When I try to play with my controller wireless with batteries the controller buzzes when i have vibration off and i can only play wired fb17bba4-1d4f-427a-8ae0-15980fd8d618
  4. Xbox 1x Controller Getting Turned Off After Few Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1x Controller Getting Turned Off After Few Seconds: There is no problem in syncing with Xbox or MacBook but it gets powered off after a few secs. Batteries are fully charged and I checked the internet about this but couldn't find anything. Please...
  5. Headphones turn off my controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headphones turn off my controller: I recently bought a new pair of Nubwo N13 headphones, and a few seconds after i plug them into my controller (wireless) it turn off my controller completely. However my console is still up and...
  6. Xbox 360 controller turns on then immediately off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller turns on then immediately off: The batteries are new and it is connected I can do one movement before it turns off. Help? f036df9a-d7f4-4541-b4da-c4ccff0b82b2
  7. Xbox controller keeps turning itself off every few seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller keeps turning itself off every few seconds: I've tried everything from restart, unplugging and factory resetting and can seem to stop my xbox one controller from turning off. It does work when plugged into a micro USB. This started after I...
  8. I factory reseted my xbox one s as my controller kept turning off (I tried everything else...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I factory reseted my xbox one s as my controller kept turning off (I tried everything else...: I explained it in the title so I am writing this in the message 8fed600a-0ac7-4a10-929a-300763a2edbf
  9. Xbox controller - can’t turn vibration off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller - can’t turn vibration off: I go into settings and vibratio is not ticked so it shouldnt be on but it certainly is! Please help! Weve just upgraded to the xbox s and i cant play with the vibration on. Its killing me. please...
  10. can I turn off my wireless controller auto shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can I turn off my wireless controller auto shut off?: I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the 15 min auto shut off on my wireless controller as i play on keyboard and mouse connected to xbox then i have my headset plugged into to my...