how do you turn off controller without getting an error message?

Discus and support how do you turn off controller without getting an error message? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; really stupid question all I'm trying to do is go from 2 player split screen back to single player, but no matter what I do I keep getting a "please... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JasonRein1, Oct 7, 2019.

1. JasonRein1
    JasonRein1 Guest

really stupid question

all I'm trying to do is go from 2 player split screen back to single player, but no matter what I do I keep getting a "please reconnect controller" message. I can not to save my life find a way to turn off the second controller without the system coming
    to a dead stop and giving me this message over and over again. I DON'T WANT THE CONTROLLER CONNECTED ANYMORE!!! WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO TURN IT BACK OFF!? EVER!? or am I missing something really obvious here? how do you go from two controllers back to one?

:)

JasonRein1, Oct 7, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey
    JasonRein1

Thank you for reaching out to Xbox forums support. If you haven't already done so, go ahead and try performing a Soft console Factory
    reset
    on your console by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console. [KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS]
    Make sure you have both your email and password on hand as you will be asked to sign back in. There is an option to delete everything and to save your games and apps; choose the latter. This will
    reset the Operating system [OS] of the console and allow you a fresh start-up.

Hope this helps! Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forum support
  3. AridLizard Win User

no matter what I do I keep getting a "please reconnect controller" message.
    what have you already tried to fix this?

have you signed out the second profile before trying to turn off the controller?
  4. zl DiviNe lz Win User

If this does not work so so there is a problem with your controler and You will have to send it for repair, just need to go to your Microsoft Accound and register your device.
  5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

MY Xbox 360 is being controlled by someone else!

Out of curiosity does it do it without the controller turned off? Just turning on the Xbox via the power button instead of the controller.
  6. a reijkden held Win User

Xbox One S Controller

Do you know how to turn off the controllers vibration ?
Thema:

1. how do you turn off controller without getting an error message? - Similar Threads - turn off controller

2. Why does my controller turn off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller turn off: I recently plugged a keyboard and mouse into my xbox and it works great. The problem is that i can only plug my headphones into my controller to hear the game and after about 20m my controller...
  3. Xbox controller turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller turning off: Hi there, does anyone know how i can keep my xbox contoller on while charging it and while not pressing any button on it, i do this because i have two controllers, one has a broken button so i use...
  4. Controller turns off in a few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller turns off in a few minutes: Hi, I think i’m not the only person who has this problem, but when I let my controller down for a while in a game, it turns off, wich is pretty annoying. If anyone knows how to change this setting...
  5. cant turn off parental control or whatever (windows 10)

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant turn off parental control or whatever (windows 10): i have been searching the web for a solution but cant seem to be able to. I can't get to the page in Xbox to turn it off it just redirects me to a Microsoft page witch says the exaxt thing i was...
  6. Controller randomly turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller randomly turns off: I have been having this problem lately where my controller will just turn off even with a fully charged battery pack. 87bbd933-a52f-47fb-8027-08812235c758
  7. XBOX 360 Controller for windows 10 turning off

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX 360 Controller for windows 10 turning off: Hi, I have looked across the internet but cant seem to find a solution to this problem, and am wondering if others experience something similar. I use a Microsoft XBOX 360 controller on my...
  8. my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick...: well I have an xbox one s controller that worked fine, the controller is out of garanty, but I have never throw it to the ground so IDK why this is happening, if I press with a little streng the...
  9. Xbox controller turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller turns off: I have been trying to afk but my controller turns off after a while i tried connecting it to power and normal batteries but neither worked i used to be able to afk without the controller turning...
  10. Xbox one controller randomly turn itself off and randomly send out LT RT input signal

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller randomly turn itself off and randomly send out LT RT input signal: I am now using the bluetooth version xbox one controller, using the usb cable to play games on steam. I mainly playing fighting game, Dragonball fighterZ these day. I found that the controller...