How does my son use his profile on another Xbox?

Discus and support How does my son use his profile on another Xbox? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has gone to university and he wants to log onto an xbox 1 and use his profile. He says he needs to log on with my account before he can use his... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wabba 71, Oct 6, 2019.

1. wabba 71
    wabba 71 Guest

My son has gone to university and he wants to log onto an xbox 1 and use his profile.

He says he needs to log on with my account before he can use his profile but that will mean I need to give him my password which I don't want to do.

I thought he could use his profile any xbox?

Anyone help clarify my/his options?

:)

wabba 71, Oct 6, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Hey there!

You will need to promote his child account to an adult account.

After you reach the age of adulthood (which varies by country and region), you can promote a child account to an adult account. This promotion removes the Family Settings and Xbox Live restrictions.

To promote a child account to an adult account

• Sign in to Xbox Live by using the account that you want to change.
    • Go to Settings and then select Account.
    • Select Promote Child Account.
      Note This option is available only if the date of birth for the account indicates that you have reached the age of adulthood (18 in the United Kingdom). The legal adult age varies by country and region. The age of an account owner is calculated
      by using the date of birth provided when the account was created. This date cannot be changed. If you entered an incorrect date of birth when you created the account, your only option is to create a new account using the correct date of birth.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to promote the account.
  3. wabba 71 Win User

question ... it suggest I need to remove him from the family account but it says that ... "he will still have a Microsoft account but won't be able to use Xbox and Xbox services until they are added to another family"

I don't understand what this means.

Does it mean he will be able to sign on another Xbox while down at university or not?
  4. Clean Llama Win User

Yes he should be able to sign into another Xbox, although he will not have any Xbox services such as Xbox Live or Xbox Game Pass. He will have to purchase these separately from your Xbox account.
  5. Geth Win User

You should be able to connect his profile to a separate Microsoft account all toer.
  6. wabba 71 Win User

Does that mean a paid separate account?
Thema:

1. How does my son use his profile on another Xbox? - Similar Threads - does son profile

2. Notificação de mensagem não aparece, bugada[Translation-Message notification does not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notificação de mensagem não aparece, bugada[Translation-Message notification does not...: No meu xbox one as notificações estão todas ativadas e funcionavam, mas ja faz umas 2 semanas que não ta funcionando a das mensagens, se me mandam msg não aparece notificação e nem na hora ali na...
  3. Sea of Thieves ne se lance pas [Mod Translation-Sea of Thieves does not launch]

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves ne se lance pas [Mod Translation-Sea of Thieves does not launch]: Je viens d'acheter sea of thieves sur ordinateur et après l'avoir installé j'ai cliqué sur play, un onglet avec le logo du jeu s'affiche puis 5sec après le jeu se ferme et impossible de le faire...
  4. I have Xbox Game Pass but I give it to the Master Chief Coleectio and it does nothing. help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Xbox Game Pass but I give it to the Master Chief Coleectio and it does nothing. help: I have Xbox Game Pass but I give it to the Master Chief Coleectio and it does nothing. help 2fe54153-1f39-472b-92ce-422df6fb6bb4
  5. game takes too long to load and does not startup : (

in XBoX on Consoles
    game takes too long to load and does not startup : (: why does my game take to long to load and when the game actually loads the game either crashes or freezez the game is not a disc so im askin for some suggestions since everything ive done hasent...
  6. Does no one play for fun anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does no one play for fun anymore?: I always play for fun i believe it is the main part of gaming fun bea4b214-36c8-422b-b058-77d3b528ce07
  7. Gears Of War 4 save game does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears Of War 4 save game does not work: I've tried everything, reinstall the game, log in again ... nothing works, my history save does not work ... every time I close the game and open save reseta as if it was the first time I was...
  8. Does HDR will be compatible with Console / Game Streaming at some point in the future?

in XboX Insiders
    Does HDR will be compatible with Console / Game Streaming at some point in the future?: I mean the current stream to the PC with the companion Xbox app does not allow HDR images, so since I'm not able to test on my own I wonder if the new systems will allow it, since there's phones...
  9. Xbox does not turn on after verifying update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox does not turn on after verifying update: Hi, My xbox one prompts for an update when I turn on. The update runs successfully till verification. Once verification is complete, my xbox turns off and does not turn on at all. If I manually...
  10. My 7 year old son downloaded an add on for a game he does not own. How can we get a refund?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My 7 year old son downloaded an add on for a game he does not own. How can we get a refund?: My son mistakenly downloaded an add on for a game that he doesn't own. I think he thought it was the full game. I was not aware that was doing this until he came running down the step in tears....