How does one delete a controller/accessory?

Discus and support How does one delete a controller/accessory? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do I delete an accessory ? Bought an “Elite” controller just yesterday but the profile toggle is now switched backwards. To be more clear, if the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dan Hurt 85, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Dan Hurt 85
    Dan Hurt 85 Guest

How do I delete an accessory ? Bought an “Elite” controller just yesterday but the profile toggle is now switched backwards. To be more clear, if the switch on the device is set to 1 the on the system it says profile 2 is selected and vice
    a versa. I believe this has something to do with the fact that there is 2 default profiles that populate when the controller is 1st linked to the system. To make matters a bit worse u can’t delete or remove either or these default profiles without creating
    a new profile. But once u do create an new 1 and just press B to go back to the accessories screen the system selects the default into the profile slot that u just created which automatically switches the toggle to the incorrect position. How does any of this
    get fixed? Is there a way to work around the issue? Why does the problem exist in the 1 place?

:)

Dan Hurt 85, Aug 2, 2019
  2. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello Dan,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. Just to clarify, are the switches on the controller swapped? And if so, have you tried this support article for

Configuring the Elite controller
    ? It should provide some more info on how you might be able to resolve the issue.

You may also want to Assign the Controller to your profile as suggested by Ambassador SA1NT 0F LI3S.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  3. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

I believe you want to assign a controller to a specific account. To do this please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Under Kinect & devices, select Devices & accessories.
    5. Select the controller. The current account assigned to that controller is indicated.
    6. To assign the controller to another account, select the account currently assigned to it.
    7. Select Assign to someone.
    8. Select the account that you want to assign to the controller.
    This will pair the controller to this account.

Here’s a link detailing the accessory app on the Xbox One console: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/use-accessories-app-configure-elite-controller
  4. Dan Hurt 85 Win User

Not at all wht i'm trying to do. Read the question please. I went onto great detail explaining the whole situation. I was on the phone with xbox support for just short of 2hrs yesterday the 2nd person I spoke to, came up with, my controller
    won't run the update that's required for the firmware. Which is the reason for the "TOGGLE" in the center of the controller that's physically on the elite controller that changes the "Button Mapping Profile" to be on the opposite selection from the physically
    selected option on the controller itself. I hope that clears up any confusion. If u have any questions feel free to email me.
  5. Dan Hurt 85 Win User

The Toggle selector is flipped from wht the screen shows vs wht the physical controller has selected.
  6. JayST123 Win User

Code Error 0x801901f4 Need a fix if possible?

how does one delete the app as it does not let me uninstall the xbox app
Thema:

1. How does one delete a controller/accessory? - Similar Threads - does delete controller

2. My xbox one does not give me an option to delete cloud saves.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one does not give me an option to delete cloud saves.: trying to start over my portal two co-op campaign on xbox one. when I go to game options it only gives me the option to delete local saves but not the cloud. my progress always returns and I cant...
  3. Does canceling regular Xbox gamepass delete your Xbox live subscription?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does canceling regular Xbox gamepass delete your Xbox live subscription?: I bought xbox gamepass and after i bought it, it imedieatley canceled my xbox live subscription if I cancel the xbox gamepass before this month ends will i get my xbox live subscription back? If I...
  4. Does anyone know how to fix the problem where you cant delete messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix the problem where you cant delete messages: You delete the message it disappears,you leave the message tab and comeback to it the message is still there,you try to text someone the person you sent the message isnt on the messages tab either...
  5. If I delete a message on Xbox does it go away for the other person?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I delete a message on Xbox does it go away for the other person?: If i delete a message on xbox messages, does it delete for the other person? a401fd4e-e670-4c54-91bc-5b662e655476
  6. Does clearing the cache on an xbox one delete game updates?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does clearing the cache on an xbox one delete game updates?: I was going to clear the cache on my xbox one as i heard it makes the system and games run smoother, I have extremely slow internet so redownloading every game update i have would truly be a pain....
  7. Does deleting your Xbox account open up the gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does deleting your Xbox account open up the gamertag?: If you permanently delete your Xbox account, including xbox live and the Xbox one account, does that open up the gamertag? i.e. If i delete an XBL account with the gamertag PianoPlayer123, will...
  8. Why does canceling a game update on XB1 deletes the entire 42.8Gb game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does canceling a game update on XB1 deletes the entire 42.8Gb game?: Bungie released a new update today for Destiny 2. The console began the download, but I needed to switch networks, so I "Canceled" the update. This, to my shock, deleted the entire game. Why would...
  9. I have an Xbox account I didn't create if I delete it does it also delete my microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox account I didn't create if I delete it does it also delete my microsoft account: Hi there! I've just discovered I have an Xbox account I didn't create. I've never owned one and would never have created an account. I went through the process of deleting that account then came...
  10. Why does live delete games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does live delete games?: I've downloaded/brought many games but my hard drive is not that big so I have to delete them if I want to play a new game but I've been finding that they keep deleting games when I go and...