how long does it take to get a game down load after paying for it

Discus and support how long does it take to get a game down load after paying for it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive got 2 games I brought for the kids and still waiting for them to download and all this waisted time trying to get onto microsoft is annoying... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DouglasMcGreager, Sep 14, 2021.

1. how long does it take to get a game down load after paying for it

Ive got 2 games I brought for the kids and still waiting for them to download and all this waisted time trying to get onto microsoft is annoying

:)

DouglasMcGreager, Sep 14, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Once you pay for the game you will have an option to install it on your device and once you choose to do so it should automatically download.

The download time will depend on your Internet speed as well as the game’s file size.

Please perform a powercycle on the console then try to manually download the games by going to games and apps.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. KindGryphon Win User

Ive got 2 games I brought for the kids and still waiting for them to download and all this waisted time trying to get onto microsoft is annoying
    It should let you start the downloads immediately after purchasing it.
  4. Koods Win User

How long does it take to load a game??!!

Afraid with the advent of "modern gaming" installation issues such as this became a thing & after a couple of years on release I'd guess Halo 5 does have some significant updates! While it might be a while (if indeed you ever do buy another console!) before
    this advice applies, I always suggest setting the console up in advance of it being given & getting things like day one updates etc downloaded ahead of time.
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

Well all games need to be installed and updated. Depending on the connection you have, the speed can vary. If it's a slow connection it will take many hours. If its fast an update can be a few minutes depensing on the size of it.

It's like this with Xbox and Sony games.

Nintendo games aren't blu ray so no need to install them.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

To add to what the others have said you may want to take a look at the following support article in regards to this it does have a table in the article also basically letting you know how long a game may take depending on your internet speed.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/troubleshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one
Thema:

1. how long does it take to get a game down load after paying for it - Similar Threads - long does game

2. Does anybody know how long it takes for your new gamertag to update in games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anybody know how long it takes for your new gamertag to update in games?: I changed my Gamertag Saturday and every time I go into games it's my old Gamertag I'm wondering if it's because it has a non-Latin word in it. 11527048-e151-4f4d-96ec-77e3801721cd
  3. fifa19 takes a long time to download and crashing usbdrive, does not run the game

in XBoX on Consoles
    fifa19 takes a long time to download and crashing usbdrive, does not run the game: I bought Fifa 19 2 weeks ago, but I can't play. When you download the game, it takes a long time to get out of 0% and then to download. As the space of the Xboox 360 is 2gb, I can only download...
  4. Xbox wont load games or apps and when it does has long load times

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont load games or apps and when it does has long load times: So one day im just playing video games and i go and eat lunch and i come back and my external hard drive no longer works so im like ok thats fine the series x comes out in a little bit so i just...
  5. game takes too long to load and does not startup : (

in XBoX on Consoles
    game takes too long to load and does not startup : (: why does my game take to long to load and when the game actually loads the game either crashes or freezez the game is not a disc so im askin for some suggestions since everything ive done hasent...
  6. I need help with the xbox game streaming thingy. How long does a xCloud invite take?

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with the xbox game streaming thingy. How long does a xCloud invite take?: submitted by /u/Loco_Taco146 [link] [comments]
  7. how long does take to gan access to game pass quests after join game pass on the microsoft...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how long does take to gan access to game pass quests after join game pass on the microsoft...: how long does take to gan access to game pass quests after join game pass on the microsoft rewards on the xbox app because its it unable to let me me join for some reason...
  8. Is Ghost Recon Wildlands a worth getting game? and how long does it take you to finish it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Ghost Recon Wildlands a worth getting game? and how long does it take you to finish it?: Both great games. Playtime depends on your play style. But if you can get them cheap... go for it. 6def25d1-20f1-428a-a8b9-4d5aca4bb9cb
  9. How long does it take to load a game??!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How long does it take to load a game??!!: I just bought an xbox one s for my kids and on Christmas morning we went to play it. I thought that we would be able to play the games we bought but NO WAY!! We installed Halo 5 and then it ran an...
  10. Why does it take so long to download games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does it take so long to download games?: I recently got an xbox one and have had very little play time because it appears to take ages to install games. I have been out of the loop in regards to tech for a while now so maybe I'm making a...