How screwed am I? Replaced dead HDD in my XBox One X and now the OSU1 update fails because...

Discus and support How screwed am I? Replaced dead HDD in my XBox One X and now the OSU1 update fails because... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Title briefly describes situation. HDD failed (second time, thanks to these garbage XB1X issues) but this time I had since opted into the insider... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/RickDripps, Nov 17, 2019.

1. How screwed am I? Replaced dead HDD in my XBox One X and now the OSU1 update fails because...

Title briefly describes situation. HDD failed (second time, thanks to these garbage XB1X issues) but this time I had since opted into the insider updates so now the USB update/reload fails.

Console has been out of warranty (for both HDD failures) so I had to do it myself. First time it worked flawlessly for about four months until a new HDD failure again but now I can't get past loading the new OS from the USB drive. I just get the E102 error every single time it tries.

Do I have any options or is my console basically a brick now because of this crash/preview debacle?

submitted by /u/RickDripps
    [link] [comments]

/u/RickDripps, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Speedster996 Win User

What if I never download system updates?

Just to add: MS should clearly mention what version of the system update the current OSU1 files correspond to.

OSU1 is for Xbox One-X, am I right?
  3. Lord_Tizzle Win User

Crazy Xbox

yeah the support guy told me to go to connect . Microsoft. but that is no help. i think at this point i am just S.O.L. which is crap. cause my machine was working fine til this update. now because of that i am screwed. my xbox did not break or fail. i was
    given bad code from Microsoft. so now i gotta pay to fix or replace it. does that seem fair to anybody.
  4. isom mallory Win User

Xbox one x there is a problem with the update

My Xbox One X has been stuck in the update loop for 2 days now. I have reset the console and all of my network equipment and nothing works. I am getting an error when I attempt to download the OSU1 file from the website.
  5. Speedster996 Win User

Can't update xbox one-x console

Well then, what do I need to do to get the monthly updates then? because I can't get them the normal way due the internal HDD going bad.

Isn't there a way to completely format and erase date on the internal HDD so that the corrupt OS files and/or potential bad sector issues get resolved as well?

As I said I can't update normally and the OSU1 file is the only way for me to update my console. It just takes forever to install anything on the internal HDD after the factory reset and OSU1 offline update, including MS Store, xbox avatar editor and so
    on.

The console is a Jan 2018 build which I picked up from someone (brand new/packed) in April 2019 so out of warranty. Can't I just have the internal HDD replaced?
  6. stevenicks Win User

why is microsoft killing the games industrie?

Things could be worse, take me for example just bought 4 new games on disk and the Aliens 6 film collections DVD set and now my Xbox One X 4k blu-ray,dvd rom drive has started to fail :/ I am angry becase the Rom drive has had very little use :/ But what
    do I do ? I have loads of games I bought from the store so it will still play those just means I have to sell the 19 disks games (at a loss) :(

I love my ol Xbox one X but not sure if i should buy anymore games for it what if the internal HDD fails i cant just replace the internal HDD like on PS4, and Im not spending another £450 on a console if thats how quick things can go wrong :( so I too am
    feeling a little Salty.
Thema:

How screwed am I? Replaced dead HDD in my XBox One X and now the OSU1 update fails because...

1. How screwed am I? Replaced dead HDD in my XBox One X and now the OSU1 update fails because... - Similar Threads - screwed Replaced dead

2. Please stop using security screws on your controllers! Its currently against the law to...

in XboX Insiders
    Please stop using security screws on your controllers! Its currently against the law to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/lunarsix [link] [comments]
  3. Why the peck Xbox 360 Controller's screws are made of plastic!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why the peck Xbox 360 Controller's screws are made of plastic!?: 15 or so minutes ago I completely wrecked my 1 year-old Xbox 360 Wireless Controller because it was turning off on Mafia Boss in Hat in Time with battery fully charged. Just for the pure interest...
  4. screwed up right bumper

in XBoX Accessibility
    screwed up right bumper: So i've owned a Design Lab xbox controller since December and it worked fine but lately the right bumper doesn't want to work correctly, sometimes it does if I hold it in a weird spot in an...
  5. Screwed by Best Buy never received $10 gift code

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Screwed by Best Buy never received $10 gift code: Last week Best Buy had a promotion if you bought a 3 month xbox live subscription card you got a $10 xbox gift card for free. In the ad in said the code would be printed on the receipt and when I...
  6. X-BOX Acc. name change, I screwed up big time

in XBoX Accessibility
    X-BOX Acc. name change, I screwed up big time: I once had an Xbox Live (regular live) acc. to play by the name of MntalMndedMstry, but then I decided to change my Alias to Electriciternity for my Outlook and Gmail. Gmail couldn't change sign...
  7. Stay getting screwed by this company

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stay getting screwed by this company: The bank I am with had some accounts hacked so they cut off some people's cards and had to send new ones out well my xbox live ran out and it won't allow me to delete my old card off after I put...
  8. Screw Microsoft Playstation is better

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screw Microsoft Playstation is better: So here me out ps doesn't make you pay for network it is free and they get better games than xbox will ever. Microsoft makes us pay so they can make us suffer. Microsoft is a joke....
  9. Trigger Torx Screw

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trigger Torx Screw: Just a quick question: How important is the torx screw in the triggers? I've had my controller since the beginning of the year, and when I picked it up for play this evening I noticed that the...
  10. Updates screw up my computer contents

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updates screw up my computer contents: My computer was upgraded and I lost almost all of my Jigsaw Puzzles (ones I have purchased). How do I get them back? 7bc5deb0-478b-48d9-85a0-02724788c56f