How to add new family member to XBOX LIVE GOLD

Discus and support How to add new family member to XBOX LIVE GOLD in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created a new user so my children can do split screen on fornite. But the new user needs to have online play access. I have XBOX LIVE GOLD already... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Antmazz_276, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Antmazz_276
    Antmazz_276 Guest

I created a new user so my children can do split screen on fornite. But the new user needs to have online play access. I have XBOX LIVE GOLD already for the other user. How do i add the new user also? Thanks

:)

Antmazz_276, Apr 19, 2020
  2. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Family Gold Pack

Or to make it easier:

When you add a family member to an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, you have to add it to the same console as the primary account holder. However, after you add that family member to your Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, they can recover their account on a different
    console and still remain a part of the Family Pack. AND The Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack gives you four 12-month Gold memberships for less than the price of two.
  3. Killn The Drama Win User

Merging current xbox live accounts into family pack

Add someone to a Gold Family Pack

Notes

• Only the primary account can add a member (secondary account) to a Gold Family Pack. If you’re adding an existing account, you’ll need the Windows Live ID and password of the account that you’re adding.
    • If the account that you want to add to your Family Pack is not stored on your console, you’ll need to

download the Xbox LIVE gamertag
    • Existing Xbox LIVE accounts keep all Microsoft Points and gamerscores when you add them to the Gold Family Pack.
    Console steps: Add someone to a Gold Family Pack

1. On your console, sign into Xbox LIVE with the primary account for the Gold Family Pack.

1. Go to Settings, and then select Family.

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

1. Select Add Family Member.

1. Under Your Gold Family Pack, select Available: Add Gold Family Member.
    Note If you don’t see an ‘Available’ member, you may need to remove a member before adding a new member. The Gold Family Pack can have three secondary members.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Select an existing gamertag on your console.
    • Select Create New Profile.

1. Follow the on-screen instructions.
      • If you’re adding an existing Xbox LIVE account to your Family Pack, you’ll need the Windows Live ID and password for this account.

• If you’re creating a new Xbox LIVE account, you’ll need a Windows Live ID. If you don't have one,
      sign up for a free Windows Live account on your computer or a Windows Live ID will be created for you during the sign up process.
    1. Complete the on-screen steps to add the member to the Gold Family Pack.
    If you receive an error while adding a member to the Gold Family Pack, see
    Troubleshooting Gold Family Pack
    for more information.

Notes

• Once an account is added to the Gold Family pack, the secondary account becomes parentally controlled by the primary account. This change can limit the types of content an account can purchase or download on Xbox LIVE.
    • The final screen explains how existing Gold membership time is added to the Gold Family Pack. The Gold Family Pack receives one month of additional membership time for every two months of remaining Xbox LIVE Gold time. For example, if the secondary account
      has six months remaining on their Xbox LIVE Gold Membership, three months are added to the Gold Family Pack membership.
    Computer steps: Add someone to a Gold Family Pack

1. Go to the Family Center.
    2. Click Add Family Member
    3. Enter the email address for the family member’s Windows Live ID. If you don’t know a family member’s Windows Live ID, see

Manage your Windows Live ID
      for help.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter their Windows Live ID password and add them to the family.
    Note If you created a new Xbox LIVE account using the above computer steps, you’ll need to download this account to your Xbox 360 console. For information on how to do this, see

Move, delete, or download your Xbox LIVE gamertag
  4. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Gold family pack

Hey there TWM. Please review this article on how to add/remove Gold Family Pack Members. >

support.xbox.com/.../managing-family-members Thanks! :)

Notes

• Only the primary account can add a member (secondary account) to a Gold Family Pack. If you’re adding an existing account, you’ll need the Microsoft account and password of the account that you’re adding.
    • If the account that you want to add to your Family Pack is not stored on your console, you’ll need to download the Xbox LIVE gamertag.
    • Existing Xbox LIVE accounts keep all Microsoft Points and gamerscores when you add them to the Gold Family Pack.
    Console steps: Add someone to a Gold Family Pack

1. On your console, sign into Xbox LIVE with the primary account for the Gold Family Pack.

1. Go to Settings, and then select Family.

1. Select Add Family Member.

1. Under Your Gold Family Pack, select Available: Add Gold Family Member.
    Note If you don’t see an ‘Available’ member, you may need to remove a member before adding a new member. The Gold Family Pack can have three secondary members.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Select an existing gamertag on your console.
    • Select Create New Profile.

1. Follow the on-screen instructions.
      • If you’re adding an existing Xbox LIVE account to your Family Pack, you’ll need the Microsoft account and password for this account.

• If you’re creating a new Xbox LIVE account, you’ll need a Microsoft account. If you don't have one, sign up for a free account on your computer or a Microsoft account will be created for you during the
    1. Complete the on-screen steps to add the member to the Gold Family Pack.
    If you receive an error while adding a member to the Gold Family Pack, see Troubleshooting Gold Family Pack for more information.

Notes

• Once an account is added to the Gold Family pack, the secondary account becomes parentally controlled by the primary account. This change can limit the types of content an account can purchase or download on Xbox LIVE.
    • The final screen explains how existing Gold membership time is added to the Gold Family Pack. The Gold Family Pack receives one month of additional membership time for every two months of remaining Xbox LIVE Gold time. For example, if the secondary account
      has six months remaining on their Xbox LIVE Gold Membership, three months are added to the Gold Family Pack membership.
    Computer steps: Add someone to a Gold Family Pack

1. Go to the Family Center.
    2. Click Add Family Member
    3. Enter the email address for the family member’s Microsoft account. If you don’t know a family member’s Microsoft account, see Find your
      Microsoft account or password
      for help.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter their Microsoft account password and add them to the family.
    Note If you created a new Xbox LIVE account using the above computer steps, you’ll need to download this account to your Xbox 360 console. For information on how to do this, see Move,
    delete, or download your Xbox LIVE gamertag
  5. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere

Actually just to add to your point, you will only need 1 Gold membership. You can add additional members of your family to your gold account and they will get gold access as well on Xbox Live. I believe it is up to 5 out of the 10 family members. They have
    eliminated the family subscription.
  6. GronTron Win User

XBox Live Family -- Please HELP!!

Hey there AlteredPlanet, below I've posted the info from the FAQ for the family pack. The only "catch" I would consider being that the secondary members on the family pack can't purchase anything via credit card.

-

How much does a Gold Family Pack membership cost?

Xbox LIVE subscription costs vary by region. For current, specific information, see the
    Xbox LIVE Membership page.

If you already have individual Gold memberships, the price is discounted based on how much time is remaining on your existing Gold memberships. For more information, please see

Join an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack

Your Xbox LIVE account is billed for the first 12 months
    (less any discounts you might be eligible for)
    when you sign up for a Gold Family Pack membership.

How do I sign up or convert an existing Xbox LIVE membership?

Please see
    Join an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack

How do I purchase Microsoft Points?

Microsoft Points are the currency of the Xbox LIVE stores. Only the primary Family Pack member can purchase points, making it easier for a parent to manage his or her family’s entertainment
    budget.

Primary member: This is the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for the Gold Family Pack membership. This account can purchase and give Microsoft Points to other family members (secondary accounts). See the section below,

How do I share points with family members (secondary accounts)?

Secondary members: Secondary family members cannot use credit or debit cards to purchase
    Microsoft Points. Instead, secondary account members can

redeem a Microsoft Points card
    (available at retail locations), or the primary member can give points to secondary members (see section below).

How do I share points with family members (secondary accounts)?

The primary member on the Gold Family Pack membership can give Microsoft Points to other family members (secondary members), so that they can make purchases on Xbox LIVE.

Give points to family members

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the Family Pack primary account (the account used to sign up for the Family Pack membership).
    2. Go to Settings, and then select Family.

1. Select the member that you want to give points to.
    2. Select Grant Allowance.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to give Microsoft Points to the secondary member. Points that you give to a secondary member cannot be reversed later.
    Note If you don’t have enough points in your account, you’ll be prompted to add more points before giving points to the secondary member.

Can secondary members use credit cards to purchase Xbox LIVE content?

No. Secondary members cannot add a credit or debit card to their Xbox LIVE account. Only the primary Family Pack member can purchase points, making it easier for a parent to manage their family’s entertainment budget.

Secondary members can
    redeem Microsoft Points cards
    (available at retail locations), or the primary member can

give points to secondary members.

If a member has other Microsoft services, they can add a credit or debit card to use with that service. To view credit cards on a secondary account, sign into
    Microsoft Billing and Account Management using the Microsoft account of the secondary account.

What is a primary and secondary Family Pack account?

The Xbox LIVE account used to purchase a Gold Family Pack membership is the primary Family Pack account. All other Xbox LIVE accounts associated with the Family Pack membership are secondary accounts.

To see and add family pack members:

1. On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for a Family Pack membership (the primary account).
    2. Go to Settings, and then select Family.
    The primary and secondary accounts are shown. To add or remove family members, please see

Managing Gold Family Pack members

How to I add or remove family members?

Please see
    Manage Gold Family Pack members

I’m getting a Gold Family Pack error. What should I do?

Please see
    Troubleshooting Gold Family Pack errors

How can I set parental controls?

Please see
    Xbox 360 console parental controls

How does a Gold Family Pack membership affect other subscriptions?

Secondary accounts on the Gold Family Pack don’t have a separate Xbox LIVE membership, but they can add other Microsoft services, to their Microsoft account and gamertag. Other service subscriptions are not shared among the Gold Family Pack members.

How do I cancel a Gold Family Pack membership?

For information about how to cancel your membership, see
    Cancel your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
Thema:

1. How to add new family member to XBOX LIVE GOLD - Similar Threads - add family member

2. Cant add family member to

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant add family member to: Ok. So I made a account and when I try to add it as a family member will not allow me. I have only 1 other account as a family member. I even took the previous member off and put it back on with...
  3. add family member child as a friend?

in XBoX Accessibility
    add family member child as a friend?: how can I add a family member, child as a friend? 1b8eceac-e9f4-473c-9748-4d64ba610ab3
  4. How to add family members (kids) on Xbox one who don't have emails?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to add family members (kids) on Xbox one who don't have emails?: HOW TO ADD FAMILY MEMBERS (KIDS, NEPHEWS, NIECES, ETC..) ON XBOX ONE THAT DON'T HAVE OWN OR HAVE EMAILS? �� 16d99a46-fc7c-4c9b-a667-c8483fcd08cd
  5. Why is the add money to family member, account balance greyed out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is the add money to family member, account balance greyed out?: Why is the add money to family member, account balance greyed out? I want to send that money. You can only add money via PayPal and VISA Credit card. Looks like a bit of a swindle to me grrrr...
  6. Cant add money from microsoft account balance to family member

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant add money from microsoft account balance to family member: I just redeemed a 15€ giftcard on my account to give it to my child but its not letting me use the microsoft account balance. i put the gift card in my account and not his so i can give it to him...
  7. Add family member without another Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Add family member without another Microsoft account: OK so here's something I still can't figure out on Xbox One. Current I have one Microsoft account and I use it to sign in to Xbox One. When my kids play a game that is side-by-side multiplayer...
  8. I need to add a family member whose email address is no longer in use

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to add a family member whose email address is no longer in use: Hi, My son's initial xbox live identity is attached to an old school email address that is no longer in use as his old school closed down in 2016. I need to place parental controls on this...
  9. Not Letting Me Add on Xbox One for Family Member

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not Letting Me Add on Xbox One for Family Member: This is VERY frustrating. My grandfather wants to create an account on my Xbox One, which is cool. I create a Hotmail Account for him, find a gamertag for him, and try to add the account to my...
  10. How Can I Add A New Family Member To My XBOX Family?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Can I Add A New Family Member To My XBOX Family?: Alright So I'm Trying To Follow The Instructions Here, Yet When I Execute Them, All I See Is The Parent, Not The Child, So, How Can I Add The Child On xbox.com OR On The Xbox For Windows 10 App?...