How to buy Xbox 360 games using Microsoft account balance

Discus and support How to buy Xbox 360 games using Microsoft account balance in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I'm on my Xbox 360 dashboard, it shows no credit, even though in my Microsoft account website there is credit. I've tried re-downloading my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by paulada47, Jan 3, 2020.

1. paulada47
    paulada47 Guest

When I'm on my Xbox 360 dashboard, it shows no credit, even though in my Microsoft account website there is credit. I've tried re-downloading my profile, didn't work. I can't seem to find Xbox 360 games in the Microsoft store either, only xbox one games.
    And when I go to Xbox marketplace site, it doesn't let me use my account balance. So, if anyone could point me to the correct website, or instruct me on how to make my balance available on the dashboard, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

(Pardon me if this post is in the wrong category, or doesn't obey some guideline, as it's my first)

:)

paulada47, Jan 3, 2020
  2. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

3. ArminatorX Win User

Make sure your account is in the same country as the currency you redeemed the currency gift card with.

For example, if you made an US account, and redeemed a Microsoft Xbox currency gift card in Euro, then your US Account on the Xbox 360 can't access the Euro currency.

You can check your Xbox Account Country in this link.

Also be aware that you can only make purchases with your credit through an actual Xbox 360 console. If you try to buy via the Xbox website or on a Xbox One console, you can't use credit. For these you will have to use a payment method like Credit Card or
    PayPal.
  4. choppyseize Win User

You need a valid credit card on file for 360 purchases. There is no way around that.
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

As noted in the link posted earlier, you can use credit on your account provided you make the purchase from a 360 console otherwise you need another payment options (credit/debit) card on your account.
  6. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

Xbox 360 Marketplace purchases can only be done with a valid form of payment, that can be credit cards, PayPal etc...
Thema:

1. How to buy Xbox 360 games using Microsoft account balance - Similar Threads - buy 360 games

2. Buying 360 games on XB1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying 360 games on XB1: Hello all. Im trying to buy some 360 games on my XB1. Turns out you cant use an xbox points card, you cant use a prepaid visa and you cant use paypal. So how does someone without a debit or...
  3. Unable to buy Xbox 360 games from Xbox one or marketplace.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to buy Xbox 360 games from Xbox one or marketplace.: Has anyone found a fix for this? I've seen a few similar threads about this, but most of them were locked. It started last month when Battlefront was the free 360 game. When I try to see the...
  4. I can't buy or download free Xbox 360 games on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't buy or download free Xbox 360 games on Xbox One: Whenever I try buying a Xbox 360 game or downloading a free Xbox 360 game with Gold on my Xbox One, it keeps telling me that it can't proceed because I don't have a valid payment option, which is...
  5. Buying game from xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Buying game from xbox 360 marketplace: I have a payment method linked to my microsoft account along with a billing address However, when I try to purchase a game, actually this one:...
  6. Buying xbox 360 game

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Buying xbox 360 game: I am trying to buy Left 4 Dead on the Xbox 360 marketplace, for Xbox One use. Although I added paypal account to my Microsoft account, When I proceed to purchase, I get an error: "You have no...
  7. Cannot buy nor redeem Xbox 360 games from Marketplace

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot buy nor redeem Xbox 360 games from Marketplace: Hello, I've seen this question asked many times but it is still a problem that cannot be ignored. Whenever I try to buy (or redeem, for example from Live Gold subscription) an Xbox 360 game...
  8. Buying Xbox 360 games on website (pc, mac)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying Xbox 360 games on website (pc, mac): This has been asked before; i have searched for it here. but there is no answer or solution from microsoft. i've havent been a gold member for long, but i noticed that i couldnt buy xbox 360 bc...
  9. Can't buy Xbox 360 back compat games on Xbox One or Xbox.com

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy Xbox 360 back compat games on Xbox One or Xbox.com: Hi! I tried to buy Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles cause they are very cheap with Gold right now. But Xbox Store on my Xbox One says "You cant buy this game on Xbox One. Buy it on...
  10. Problem with buying a game for Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with buying a game for Xbox 360: I purchased a game (Raskulls) and I don't have it. But I don't have the money (I mean I had the money when I purchased the game, after that I didn't had the money and neither the game) What do I...