How to change email of my xbox live gamertag

Discus and support How to change email of my xbox live gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've had my xbox account for about ten years, but I've always used a secondary microsoft account as login for my xbox account. Now I want to change the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WWRRYY, Apr 13, 2020.

1. WWRRYY
    WWRRYY Guest

I've had my xbox account for about ten years, but I've always used a secondary microsoft account as login for my xbox account. Now I want to change the login of my xbox account to my primary email address. The problem is, is that I already linked a xbox
    account to my primary email. When I try to use the alias method to switch email login I get the message: "This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address. So basically my question is: how do I switch email addresses between
    my two xbox gamertags.

:)

WWRRYY, Apr 13, 2020
  2. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

Deleting Xbox account + Changing Xbox account's email address

3. Hordie Win User

Trying to change my gamertag

4. Smwutches Win User

xbox account trouble :I

You can change the email address on this account to free up the email -
    support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id

Or you could recover this account to your xbox and change the gamertag.
  5. Wilfred Mac Win User

I have never set up an xbox live account, never owned an xbox..so..

Hi IgneousElm0759,

There are two ways on how your account got an Xbox Live associated with it. First, if you sign in your email on the Xbox app on Windows 10, it will automatically create a gamertag or an Xbox Live account for that email. Which you can change your gamertag
    for free once. Second, if you also sign in your email on the Xbox.com website the system will generate a gamertag or Xbox Live account for that account.

For additional information on how to change gamertag and how to remove gamertag on your email address, I recommend that you check out the links below:

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account

How to change your Xbox gamertag

If you still unable to remove the gamertag on your account (Email address), I highly suggest that you get in touch with our Xbox Chat Support through the link below:

Xbox
    Chat Support

Note: You will need to sign in your account to be able to start a chat.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.
  6. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

I think that this FAQ should help you out.
Thema:

1. How to change email of my xbox live gamertag - Similar Threads - change email live

2. My xbox live account has been hacked and the hacker has changed my email, what can I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox live account has been hacked and the hacker has changed my email, what can I do?: Recently my Xbox live account Escobar IX8781 has been lost and hacked. Stupidly I gave my login to someone and they changed and deleted my recovery emails and deleted my outlook email so now I...
  3. Prihlaseni na xboxlive po zmene e-mailu[translation-On Xbox Live after changing email ]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Prihlaseni na xboxlive po zmene e-mailu[translation-On Xbox Live after changing email ]: Pred pár hodinamim jsem zmenila primární alias v Microsoft účtu, a od te doby se nemohu prihlasit na xbox live, protoze to nerozeznává muj puvodni profil, a stale mne to vybizi k vytvoreni noveho...
  4. How to change email on xbox live account without losing any info

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change email on xbox live account without losing any info: I’m trying to update the email on Xbox Live to my sons email but as it is already linked to my microsoft account it wont allow me to change it via an alias account. Any ideas?...
  5. unable to fully log into xbox live account after changing primary microsoft email address

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to fully log into xbox live account after changing primary microsoft email address: Hi.. hopefully someone can help, as this has been an issue for a long time. I have a comcast.net email address set as my primary email for my microsoft account. I have a gmail email address...
  6. I need help from an agent to change the email on a xbox live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help from an agent to change the email on a xbox live account: Hello, My dads email was attached to my old xbox live account i believe, or so he thought, I've tried to login to microsoft with his email but it just says that this is not a valid microsoft...
  7. Change email linked to my Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email linked to my Xbox Live: English Hello! My Xbox Live account is linked to my dad's work email. Since my dad uses this email to work, I'd like to pass my Xbox Live account to my email address. It is possible? Remember,...
  8. how do change my xbox live email account

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do change my xbox live email account: how do change my xbox live email account 5f3d7f37-2105-47b3-a7b0-1fced6679f8b
  9. Change the email associated with my xbox live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change the email associated with my xbox live account: Hi, So my Xbox live account that I play on my xbox with is associated with its own email address that I don't use for anything but playing the Xbox. After upgrading to windows 10 and using my...
  10. merging or changing email for Xbox live / Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    merging or changing email for Xbox live / Microsoft account: I have an old Xbox live account that I want to start using again but I set it up with Hotmail account I no longer use. I just want to connect my Microsoft account with the old live account there...