How to change emails associated with gamer tags and separate my account from my son’s

Discus and support How to change emails associated with gamer tags and separate my account from my son’s in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created an Xbox account like 15 years ago with my hotmail email address. Then everything microsoft shares the same login. My son started playing on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BridledTie925, Apr 18, 2020.

1. How to change emails associated with gamer tags and separate my account from my son’s

I created an Xbox account like 15 years ago with my hotmail email address. Then everything microsoft shares the same login. My son started playing on this gamertag several years ago and I need him to use his own. Im willing to give up the gamertag but
    it is the primary account and on my email. How do I fix this?

:)

BridledTie925, Apr 18, 2020
  2. kelly1KT Win User

xbox one s profiles (family (adult-who occassional plays and 2 children who play)

Hi.

So the gamer tag associated with my email (the adult) is there to stay or can I delete that gamer tag and create my own? Then I could create a new profile for son #1 and a new gamer tag.

I have figured out/created a new profile and gamer tag for son #2.

So I would like to:

change the gamer tag that is connected to my email account (the adult).

If possible I would like to keep my son's gamer tag and just move it to the email account/profile I created for him... (I'm pretty sure you said I couldn't do this but just checking?
  3. Shellenay Win User

Living in the Uk

Figured out how to change the gamer tag. Also, realized my son used my email addy for his account. Still need to change the billing address/Country.
  4. Brittanica2320 Win User

Today I lost my love of Microsoft

It is not the first time the gamer tag was changed. It was my account tried to change it to my sons with his gamer tag not mine.
  5. GAURANGUBHAYAKAR Win User

family group

Does my son's gamer tag stay on my account?

can I transfer the gamer tag to his own email?
  6. boomer addict Win User

can't change Microsoft-Account to log in!

I have a very old Comcast email account associated with my Xbox Live gamer tag. I have tried multiple times to change that password, but the account no longer exists. I have another gamer tag associated with my MS Account, but it doesn't have XBOX live.
    I could change that password, but now I don't have xbox live. How can this be fixed? I have tried multiple scenarios without luck and am paying for Xbox Live but unable to use it.
Thema:

How to change emails associated with gamer tags and separate my account from my son’s

1. How to change emails associated with gamer tags and separate my account from my son’s - Similar Threads - change emails associated

2. Changing email address associated with a gamertag to one already in family group

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing email address associated with a gamertag to one already in family group: Hi everyone. I am having a lot of problems with this and I don't understand why! I want to change the email address associated with a gamertag from my email address to my son's gmail account email...
  3. How do I change the email address associated with my xbox account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change the email address associated with my xbox account?: I have followed all the steps on Microsoft's support pages. I am at my account settings, I click manage how I sign in to Microsoft. I click add an alias, and then add an existing email address as...
  4. Change email associated with gamertag but not microsoft email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email associated with gamertag but not microsoft email: how do I replace my email for my gamertag without transferring the entire Microsoft account along with it? be3c247e-1ebc-48c4-aae4-8da0cc7347ea
  5. Changing the email associated to your xbox account when you already have a newer email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing the email associated to your xbox account when you already have a newer email...: Hi, I want to swap the email address associated to my xbox account out for the one associated to my newer laptop. The regular solution requires logging into my existing microsoft account but...
  6. Change email associate to Xbox profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email associate to Xbox profile: Hi, I want move my Xbox profile to a new email address, but the old method with a Xbox 360 setting not work. I read about method with Microsoft account alias but I not want change my primary...
  7. Changing email address associated with Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing email address associated with Xbox: Hi, we recently bought an Xbox for our son. I have set up screen limits for him on his Microsoft account but the email address linked to the Xbox is my email address and not his. Anyone know an...
  8. Legal name change... wanting to change my email associated with account!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Legal name change... wanting to change my email associated with account!: Hey all, I've had a legal name change, and so want to change the email that is associated with this account. I'm wondering if Xbox/Microsoft has helped anyone do that before and if it's possible?...
  9. Change current gamertag to email already associated with a gamertag.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change current gamertag to email already associated with a gamertag.: Alright, so, here it is. I have one email address right now tied to my Gamertag - an outlook email (let's call it Email 1). I have a second email address right now that was given a randomized...
  10. Change the email associated with my xbox live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change the email associated with my xbox live account: Hi, So my Xbox live account that I play on my xbox with is associated with its own email address that I don't use for anything but playing the Xbox. After upgrading to windows 10 and using my...