How to change my account to parent account

Discus and support How to change my account to parent account in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I cant seem to find out how to change my new account to a parent account 65ac47aa-186c-4d6d-b90a-d4d295121b61 Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by turtleBrz(), Mar 7, 2019.

1. turtleBrz()
    turtleBrz() Guest

I cant seem to find out how to change my new account to a parent account

:)

turtleBrz(), Mar 7, 2019
  2. Xerxes vv Win User

Parental Acccount does not exist, TOU Agreement

I accidentally deleted the parent account, not knowing that it WAS the parental account and I have no idea on how to get it back or change the settings for my child account
  3. XBF George L Win User

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you have a child account and want to know about converting it to an adult account, is that correct? The accounts "Age" is determined by the date of birth submitted upon creation
    of the account. For an Xbox Profile on a Microsoft account you are unable to change the date of birth after the first time it is put in. The account will remain a child account until the date of birth entered reaches 18 years old.

Now if it is an adult account we are talking about, you would have to go to your "Settings" under "Account" there is an option that says "Family". From in there you are able to add family members to your Microsoft Family. (like adding a child account to
    your adult account making it a parent account)

Cheers
  4. R Westmoreland Win User

HELP!

I found this

"Before you can change the Windows Live ID associated with a child account, you must provide the Windows Live ID information for the adult account with parental control."

This is what is happening to me but i only have my account on the xbox no Parental one. So how do I chang my account to act as the parent?
  5. Smwutches Win User

How to change my account age? With no parent account?

There is no way to have support change it.
  6. KindGryphon Win User

How to change my account age? With no parent account?

The date of birth on Xbox Live accounts cannot be changed.
Thema:

1. How to change my account to parent account - Similar Threads - change account parent

2. Changing parent account, then deleting old parent account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing parent account, then deleting old parent account.: A distant family member set up my sons new XBOX X last Christmas when i was working. He is pretty savvy with regard to Microsoft/XBOX/computer stuff, I’m not. The problem is that he set it up...
  3. zmiana konta rodzic na konto dziecko[change parent account to child account]

in XBoX on Consoles
    zmiana konta rodzic na konto dziecko[change parent account to child account]: Witam, czy jest możliwość zmiany konta z rodzica na dziecko? Chodzi o sytuację, kiedy po zakupie konsoli zostało zarejestrowane konto jako rodzic. Z uwagi na fakt, iż na tym koncie jest już...
  4. Parent Microsoft account being invalid and trying to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent Microsoft account being invalid and trying to change it: A few months ago I tried to sign in to xbox live and a message telling me that the parent account that was linked to my xbox live account was invalid. The message led me to a page where I was...
  5. Child account is parent account. How to change without child losing all of his gaming data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account is parent account. How to change without child losing all of his gaming data?: About a year ago, I accidentally registered my son as the parents on his Xbox Microsoft account. Since it has been that way for over a year, if I change it back to child will he lose all of his...
  6. How to change my account age? With no parent account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change my account age? With no parent account?: Am a grown man over 18 but my account still needs a parent account on my Xbox one X and I don’t know how to change it so it doesn’t need a parent account I would like some more info on how to...
  7. Parent account got deleted , can't change my settings now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parent account got deleted , can't change my settings now: Hey everyone , so I've recently got back into playing xbox (since i had exams) , it has been a year and a half since i've last played online, so when i plugged my xbox one in and let it update...
  8. My account says I'm a child but the parent account says I'm a adult and I can't change it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account says I'm a child but the parent account says I'm a adult and I can't change it.: My xbox live account says that I'm a child in the family however on the parent account it says I'm a child. I have changed it a few times and nothing has happened and I have even signed into my...
  9. Changing Parent Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Parent Microsoft Account: Hello, I've been having a bit of an issue with Microsoft Family. I try to sign into my account on xbox live (I am a minor) and it prompts me that my parent's account is invalid. So I go through...
  10. Problems with getting into parent account to change permission setting for child account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with getting into parent account to change permission setting for child account.: OK so long story short. we just moved I was setting up my console after being in storage for 8 months and I'm already online and everything I created my new account about a year ago. anyway so I...