How to change privacy settings on Xbox account when Xbox.com sign in doesn’t work.

Discus and support How to change privacy settings on Xbox account when Xbox.com sign in doesn’t work. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I don’t have an Xbox but I still have an account to play Minecraft on Windows 10. I can’t play cross platform with friends because every time I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JorgeHzori, Mar 19, 2020.

1. JorgeHzori
    JorgeHzori Guest

How to change privacy settings on Xbox account when Xbox.com sign in doesn’t work.

I don’t have an Xbox but I still have an account to play Minecraft on Windows 10. I can’t play cross platform with friends because every time I try to change privacy settings I’m brought to Xbox support. Every time.

I believe the problem is that I have to sign in to Xbox.com first to change these settings but the problem is the Sign in button doesn’t even work on the website, on desktop or mobile. How do I fix this? All I want to do is change my privacy settings on
    my microsoft account so I can play cross platform between my Pc and my Xbox friends.

:)

JorgeHzori, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Honda Man 04 Win User

Do you have the Xbox Console Companion App on your PC? If not, you can get it from the Microsoft Store.

If so, go to your profile, select more, select privacy and that should take you to privacy and online safety. I just did it and verified that it works for me.
  3. JorgeHzori Win User

I'm telling you now, it's not because I can't find the privacy settings, but literally anytime I even click on it, it instantly brings me to Xbox support which I'm 99% sure it's not supposed to do.
  4. Honda Man 04 Win User

Go to account.microsoft.com to make changes to your privacy settings.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Forza Horizon 4 "Closed Privilege"

Hey Patyahun,

Have you gone to Xbox.com and look over the account's privacy settings?

Since you don't have an Xbox, you may change privacy settings on Xbox.com for your Xbox account. Follow this link to see instructions on how to access your privacy settings online:

Let us know if you can change those settings or if everything is set to allowed.
  6. Mad Dog Malcs Win User

Unable to play Roblox on Xbox one

I was able to get it working. in xbox.com, under privacy and online safety, change "Share stuff people make", to "Everyone". That should do it.
    Top job buddy @manygadgetguy, worked a treat! This is a little tricky to find if you're not familiar with XBox.com or the settings, so as of August 2017:

Sign into XBox.com using the parent account that controls family settings > Goto My Account > Family > Click the account you want to allow access for > More Options > Apps, Games and Media > XBox Privacy Settings > Click the account you want to allow access
    for > Under the privacy tab goto 'Share stuff people make (Xbox 360: Member Content)' > Click everyone > Scroll to bottom of screen and hit SAVE

You will then need to sign out of the account on XBox One and then sign back in again and it should now work! :D
Thema:

1. How to change privacy settings on Xbox account when Xbox.com sign in doesn’t work. - Similar Threads - change privacy settings

2. How do you change your privacy settings on your xbox live account without going onto an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you change your privacy settings on your xbox live account without going onto an...: On the Minecraft server The Hive I can't see when anyone else types in the chat so I learned I need to go change something in my privacy settings. The problem is that whenever I log into my...
  3. Privacy settings won't change on child account although I am a parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Privacy settings won't change on child account although I am a parent account: I'm trying to change the privacy settings of my "child" account, although that account was made when I was 13 and I am currently over the age of 18. When I access the account with the parent...
  4. Changing account privacy settings

in XBoX on Mobile
    Changing account privacy settings: I have been trying to change my account privacy settings so that I can add friends on the xbox app, and join them on Minecraft. After a day of searching I finally located the privacy settings....
  5. Changing Privacy & Online Safety Settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing Privacy & Online Safety Settings: I've been trying to start a realm for Minecraft Bedrock (win10) but everytime I try it says i need to change my "privacy & online safety" settings in order to do so. So i go to the website...
  6. How to change privacy/account settings when the link directs you to the support page?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change privacy/account settings when the link directs you to the support page?: I invited my friend to a Minecraft Realm, but she can't join. It tells her to go to change her account settings, but when she tries to, it redirects to her to the Xbox support page. How can she...
  7. Can't change privacy settings for minecraft realms

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change privacy settings for minecraft realms: Just changed my gamertag. Tried to join my friends realm on windows 10 edition, but says privacy settings are preventing me from doing so. I go to the xbox.com and log in. Try to go to xbox...
  8. How do i change privacy settings so that i may play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change privacy settings so that i may play multiplayer?: This question has been asked because a certain update to the console edition of Minecraft for the PS4 has caused me to require a change to my privacy settings to allow multiplayer. however, as i...
  9. I want to change my privacy and online safety settings but I cant access to my xbox settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my privacy and online safety settings but I cant access to my xbox settings: I just can't access to accounts.xbox.com , it keeps teleporting me back to beta.support.xbox.com . a1d54bc1-ead8-494b-8036-23c9b3ead557
  10. Can't change privacy settings in Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change privacy settings in Xbox: I tried to join a realm in Minecraft, but it said that I had to change my privacy settings, in this link https://aka.ms/accountsettings, but when I get there it opens this website...