how to change the email address associated with xbox one account without losing progress in...

Discus and support how to change the email address associated with xbox one account without losing progress in... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Need some advice. We originally set up my son's xbox account using my outlook.com email address. I'd like to change the email address associated with... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LuthugSr, Jul 1, 2019.

1. LuthugSr
    LuthugSr Guest

how to change the email address associated with xbox one account without losing progress in...

Need some advice. We originally set up my son's xbox account using my outlook.com email address. I'd like to change the email address associated with the account to my son's personal gmail account without losing his gaming progress. Is this possible
    to do? Thanks.

:)

LuthugSr, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Jeremy2085 Win User

how to change the email address associated with xbox one account without losing progress in games?

You can change the primary email address of your account without losing any of your xbox progress.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

how to change the email address associated with xbox one account without losing progress in games?

Hi LuthugSr,

AS all these answers are helpful. There is one important note that they have left out. If you do change the primary email to your sons which is totally possible. Do not remove your email from the account. Leave it there as a secondary email.
    If you remove the email from the account completely, you will lose access to the email. For example, if you also use the email for work, and you remove from the account, you cant use for work any longer.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. choppyseize Win User

You can change the primary email address by adding the new one you want to use as the "alias" email. Wait a bit and then switch the alias to the main one. That will free up yours and keep everything as it was.
  5. JOSHUASHALO Win User

You well not lose gaming progress. You well need to remember password and New email on new or old xbox.
  6. Geth Win User

Thema:

1. how to change the email address associated with xbox one account without losing progress in... - Similar Threads - change email address

2. How do i change email address from another person and put mine on

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change email address from another person and put mine on: How do i change a email address too my email adress on my grandsons roblox and fortnite acct . I pay for his subscription every year but the address on there is his moms old boy toy. Th . Dave...
  3. Changer l'adresse mail [Translate] Change email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changer l'adresse mail [Translate] Change email address: Bonjour, l'adresse mail lié a ce compte est celle de mes parents (j'avais 12 ans quand j'ai créé se compte) j'aimerais pouvoir transférer mon compte sur mon adresse personnelle de mail mais je ne...
  4. Alternate email address changed, notification of change received to said email address,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Alternate email address changed, notification of change received to said email address,...: I changed my alternate email address. I got a notification to said email address stating that it is now my alternate email address but when I try and use it to get a security code to change my...
  5. Xbox one, changed email address, gold member activation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one, changed email address, gold member activation: Hi, I have recently changed my cable provider and had to change my email address. My email address with this cable provider was [Mod Removed – Personal Information] and this is also the same email...
  6. Change email address associated with gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email address associated with gamertag: Split from this thread. Hi there Am I able to change the email address associated with a gamertag at all please? Thanks Robin c9845682-d69b-4930-989d-c0b83eaa0dfa
  7. How do i change my email address to the one im using on my phone

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i change my email address to the one im using on my phone: I am unable to find anything about that so im asking everyone else. 6f574005-331d-44d3-87f1-1e4fdc1681c7
  8. Deleting Xbox account + Changing Xbox account's email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Deleting Xbox account + Changing Xbox account's email address: Hello everyone, I'm posting today to start a rather complicated process from my point of view. Here is the situation. I currently have 2 email addresses : Address A, my current address, for...
  9. Changing Email Addresses

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Email Addresses: Hi, I have 2 Microsoft accounts, one linked with an xbox gamertag, and the other one isn't linked with any account. when I try and change the email address by adding the second account, it says...
  10. email adres intern veranderen. [Translation - change email address internally.]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    email adres intern veranderen. [Translation - change email address internally.]: Beste mensen, Ik heb mijn emailadres gewijzigd van [mod removed] in: [mod removed]. Als ik nu een code van een xbox game wil invoeren, staat er nog "deze code wordt toegevoegd aan uw [mod...