How to change the wifi password on my xbox 1?..... Its not accepting my old one and have a...

Discus and support How to change the wifi password on my xbox 1?..... Its not accepting my old one and have a... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Haven't used Xbox for a very long time... so went to log in and it won't accept the password. I assume its because we have a new router and it's a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by rosie_leeuk, Aug 19, 2022.

1. rosie_leeuk
    rosie_leeuk Guest

How to change the wifi password on my xbox 1?..... Its not accepting my old one and have a...

Haven't used Xbox for a very long time... so went to log in and it won't accept the password. I assume its because we have a new router and it's a different password...How do I change the password? Old lady here trying to work this out for the old man and both of us are not techies...... Help, please

:)

rosie_leeuk, Aug 19, 2022
  2. taidara Win User

Not accepting my wifi password

What type of Security method are you using to secure your wireless network, WEP, WPA, WPA2?

What type of encryption method are using, along with the security method, WEP/TKIP, AES/CCMP?

Make sure you have WPS (Wifi Protected Setup) disabled on your wireless router. Manually setup your wireless security.

If you go to your consoles network settings and "detailed network statistics" what is your current signal strength?
  3. Mister Cizl Win User

Not accepting my wifi password

Hey Samuelhemker! Are you able to connect to the network using a wired connection? Give that a shot and let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  4. Mark Adrian Blaze Win User

Xbox one not accepting my wifi password

Hello Vergil! A few things to try.

1. Go to Settings > Network > Go Offline > Forget Wireless Network

2. Power Cycle to clear the cache (Press and hold power button for 10 seconds, Remove from detach power plug and give the Console about 30 seconds then reboot)

2. Go back to Network Settings > Add a Connection >and Scan for Wireless devices by Pressing Y

3. If you found your Wireless network add it and sign back in.

4. If not manually add it and type in the SSID.

Note: if issue persist, Power cycle the Router by turning it off and detached for 30 seconds or so. Do the same to the console and try the step again. Please let us know if this works or by verifying this post.
  5. ngocphi Win User

How to change the wifi password on my xbox 1?..... Its not accepting my old one and have a new router with new passsword how do I change it please

Delete the old one and add a new network

Or just add a new network
  6. rosie_leeuk Win User

How to change the wifi password on my xbox 1?..... Its not accepting my old one and have a new router with new passsword how do I change it please

Thanks but it doesnt help as I dont know to delete the old one, can you guide me through it step by step please?
Thema:

1. How to change the wifi password on my xbox 1?..... Its not accepting my old one and have a... - Similar Threads - change wifi password

2. Changed WiFi network and lost game content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed WiFi network and lost game content: I recently changed WiFi networks and it seems some games need to be reinstalled. I bought a Hitman 1,2 GOTY upgrade a while back but now it is saying I need to get access to a lot of content I...
  3. UPnP not successful, despite me changing nothing in my wifi settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPnP not successful, despite me changing nothing in my wifi settings.: Hi, i’ve had this problem for a fair while now (i’d say at least 2 months) and find it very, very irritating. Basically in my network settings it says “UPnP not succesful.” At first i didn’t know...
  4. Can't log in or create new account, even after rebooting system, changing wifi, deleting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't log in or create new account, even after rebooting system, changing wifi, deleting...: For 3 days i've been trying to enter my xbox account, but it was giving the 0x801901f4 error code. I checked online and did everything i've found: restarting the system, powercycle, 10 seconds...
  5. Download non partono dopo cambio di wifi [Downloads do not start after wifi change]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download non partono dopo cambio di wifi [Downloads do not start after wifi change]: Scaricavo tranquillamente giochi dal game pass che scade tra 2 settimane, durante i download si bloccano perché avviene in quel momento il cambio di gestore per il wifi di casa. Mi collego con i...
  6. Cannot conect to WiFi after changing a router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot conect to WiFi after changing a router: Hello there. For some reason my xbox360 stop connecting to live after replacing a router. I have an error on the first stage of connecting to WiFi. All other devices connect fine without any...
  7. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Changing my pricvacy settings to be able to connect to another wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Changing my pricvacy settings to be able to connect to another wifi: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Changing my pricvacy settings to be able to connect to another wifi I was trying to connect to the wifi at another location, and it said I need to check my privacy...
  8. How to Change Router's Security Protocol to MAC address so I can use apartment complex's wifi?

How to Change Router's Security Protocol to MAC address so I can use apartment complex's wifi?: How to Change Router's Security Protocol to MAC address so I can use apartment complex's wifi? How to Change Router's Security Protocol to MAC address so I can use apartment complex's wifi? Right...
  9. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: How do I change my wifi password

2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: How do I change my wifi password: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-G (Bell-Alliant): How do I change my wifi password I would recommend that you consult the manual of your wireless router, to have a better understanding of...
  10. xboxone does not like my wifi password - which HAS NOT changed and is working on other wifi ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xboxone does not like my wifi password - which HAS NOT changed and is working on other wifi ...: It all started by getting kicked from a game and now cannot connect to live. I try and re-establish a wifi network connection, see my wifi on the list of choices, and go to connect and it won't...