How to: Child Account Set up to Enable Join Multiplayer Games

Discus and support How to: Child Account Set up to Enable Join Multiplayer Games in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Before I start: sorry for my unclear English, I will try to explain my concern by editing the question, if necessary. I have a private Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Malte Büchs, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Malte Büchs
    Malte Büchs Guest

Before I start: sorry for my unclear English, I will try to explain my concern by editing the question, if necessary.

I have a private Microsoft account and a connected XBOX-account. I also have a child, which is part of my family in the Microsoft world.

Our purpose is that the child can play Minecraft with friends (multiplayer). He is using the Minecraft App for Android only.

I have read some instructions for family managing in microsoft and how to be able to join multiplayer games and finally about the option to use Minecraft as multiplayer game in a local network.

Now I have two questions:

1. How can I set up family settings in the XBOX management browser-app/tool? I cannot find the right place to do this, do I really need a native, mobile App in order to do this? The linked descriptions are not very telling in this regard.
    2. Is this local network multiplay thing possible with Minecraft Android Apps at all?

:)

Malte Büchs, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Malte, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Let me guide you. Kindly sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/family using your Microsoft account and then add your child as a member from there. Once confirmed, you may proceed to https://account.xbox.com/settings, you should see your child's Gamertag from there please click that and allow the setting on this screenshot that has an arrow.

Yes, it is possible to play the game local multiplayer.

[​IMG]
  3. JulOow Win User

Account problem

Actually I was a child account but i became a adult account and then when I tried to enable join multiplayer games I had the error message
  4. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Converted Mojang Account to Microsoft, now I can't play multiplayer minecraft (Windows 10)

Hello @jethorpe! I hope that you are doing well today!

It seems like your account is a child account in a family group or under a parental account. To enable the multiplier on a child account, here's what to do:

1. Log in to Xbox settings with the parent Microsoft account.
    2. Select the child account's profile.
    3. Select Xbox One/Windows 10 Online and choose Allow for Join multiplayer games AND You can create and join clubs.
    4. To enable chat for people not on the person's friends list, they will need to go to their privacy settings and enable Others can communicate .
    I hope this helps you out!
  5. Loraine Mon Win User

Cannot friend people or join party's on xbox windows 10 app

Hi,

You will receive an error about privacy settings when joining Xbox Live Parties if your account settings are not set up correctly or you are using a child account. If you are using a child account, you will need a parent account's permission to change the
    privacy and online safety settings so you can join Xbox Live Parties and multiplayer games.

To better assist you with your concern, please provide the following information:

• Are you using a child account? To check, you can log in to this
      link
      with your Microsoft Account.
    • Are you able to play multiplayer games online using the same account?

You can also contact Xbox Chat Support on this
    link
    to securely verify your account and check if there is a parent account attached to it.

I am not using a child account and cannot join multiplayer online games.
    Thank you for your response. To resolve your concern, please make sure that you enable the settings to allow your profile to play multiplayer games online by following the steps on this

link

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post anytime.
  6. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Cant even play with my cousin after spending 20 pounds on Minecraft

Hello @Jenson Robinson!

It seems that your account is a child account under a parental account or linked to a family group. Only the parental account can change the settings on your account. Here's how:

1. Log in to Xbox settings with the parent Microsoft account.
    2. Select the child account's profile.
    3. Select Xbox One/Windows 10 Online and choose Allow for Join multiplayer games AND You can create and join clubs.
    4. To enable chat for people not on the person's friends list, they will need to go to their privacy settings and enable Others can communicate .
    I hope this helps you out!
Thema:

1. How to: Child Account Set up to Enable Join Multiplayer Games - Similar Threads - Child Account Set

2. Country setting on new child’s account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Country setting on new child’s account: I have created a new account for my 5 year old son and his account has defaulted to United States region. As family organiser my account, payment information, billing and shipping addresses, time...
  3. Child Account Settings ANNOYING

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child Account Settings ANNOYING: I was able to play multiplayer in Trailmakers 2 days ago on my child account and now I cannot. I've tried everything, even removing myself from family and now it says "add a parent" when I attempt...
  4. Cannot click on Child account's gamerpic and edit the account's privacy/online setting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot click on Child account's gamerpic and edit the account's privacy/online setting: Hi all, As shown below, I can't click into my child's account and access the online privacy stuff and I cannot find a fix anywhere nor anything regarding this issue. Any help is appreciated....
  5. Unable to Change Purchase Settings (Account is somehow both a Child & Organizer)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Change Purchase Settings (Account is somehow both a Child & Organizer): Hi, recently I partook in the Minecraft migration, and was not-so-pleasantly surprised upon seeing that I basically had just deleted any and all access to Minecraft without simply purchasing the...
  6. How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me: Ok community. Let's see if anyone has run this gauntlet. Here are the factors: I want to take on the subscription for Xbox Live for my kiddo (10 years old.) They live with their other parent....
  7. Setting up a child account to block public servers, but enable access to Realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Setting up a child account to block public servers, but enable access to Realms: I have a Minecraft Windows 10 Realms subscription which I use with my child. We recently had an issue when she joined a public server and started adding lots of friends, which we want to prevent....
  8. Deleting child's accounts set up (Xbox)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Deleting child's accounts set up (Xbox): Hiya please please can someone help me I'm not at all tech savvy .... I got my daughter an Xbox for Christmas and had nothing but problems with Microsoft accounts ever since. We must have set...
  9. Not able to change Xbox settings for my child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Not able to change Xbox settings for my child account: Am using minecraft games in my iPad , i mean using by my kid. And child account is configured in that iPad, but from my parent profile am not able to see my kids gamer settings because of this am...
  10. Setting up family account with child email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting up family account with child email?: Hi all, I want to allow my 7 year old son limited access to our XBox One X so that he can play Minecraft. It's not obvious using the XBox itself but I found an article on how to set up a family...