How to continue to use my console offline when update is required after factory reset?

Discus and support How to continue to use my console offline when update is required after factory reset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a sort of unique problem going on here, so I will explain from the beginning: When my console needs an update, it's always a hassle to do so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ImaginativeDisplayName, May 3, 2021 at 4:12 AM.

1. How to continue to use my console offline when update is required after factory reset?

I have a sort of unique problem going on here, so I will explain from the beginning:

When my console needs an update, it's always a hassle to do so because of an issue of it shutting off during the update mid way through, as normal, but failing to power back on at any time afterwards. After the Xbox turns off, I must unplug the power source and wait to plug it back in and turn it on again, but when it turns back on it asks me to install the update again.

This usually happens a few times, then manages to resolve itself and update successfully — but this time it continues to repeatedly fail the update, and requires me to install the update again after numerous frustrated attempts. I have tried doing a hard reset by holding in the power button after disconnecting and reconnecting the cables, and now I have just performed a factory reset on my xbox to see if that would help.

This is where my current problem comes in, as after I did the factory reset and set my language, location, and network, it still asks me to download the update, and the problem explained above is still occurring, but now the option for "Ignore update and continue offline" is not even showing up so that I can play offline games. It only gives me the options to try to install the update again or shut off the console. The screen with these options is what pops up immediately upon turning my xbox on now, and there seems to be no way to get out of the update window now, effectively locking me out of my console entirely.

Even if a solution the original problem isn't found, how can I get around this window and access my xbox console offline? Thank you to anyone who can help me with this issue, it is greatly appreciated.

:)

ImaginativeDisplayName, May 3, 2021 at 4:12 AM
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Playing games offline on Xbox One.

When you hook up your console online it's not easy to play offline games as continual server's update is required
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox freezes / won't turn on

Hello Night0wl123,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox has been freezing when you open the guide menu, and after an attempt at a factory reset your console doesn't pass the green screen anymore. Is this correct?

We recommend trying out an offline update. Check out this link: I need help with system updates on my Xbox One

Select "I need to update my console offline" and then continue following the steps. Please note that when you reach the "Troubleshooting screen" you can also choose to factory reset your console there. It could be worth a try before attempting the offline
    update.

Hope this helps!
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Can someone help me please? (Troubleshooting)

Hi Alfie,

To use the Offline System Update, you'll need:

• A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port.
    • A USB flash drive with a minimum of 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS.

If you click on the link XBF Brad provided, it redirects you to an online support tool that explains everything and provides the files you need to download and extract in order to perform an offline system update. Select I NEED TO UPDATE MY CONSOLE
    when you go to the tool and follow all of the steps.

You can also follow this guide on how to reset your console to factory defaults using the USB offline method: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

If you continue to get E102 startup errors, then the console will need to be serviced.
  5. RobertBuckalew Win User

New Xbox One - "There was a problem with the update"

No , the option I'm talking about in the offline tool is made for when you CANT get to the home scree or settings , just follow those instructions , it will boot up from the usb drive ...the part you will need to look at says ..

"If the console is experiencing an issue that would require you to Restore Factory Defaults after a system update, but you're unable to access the Settings hub, use this file.

support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Problem with the most recent update

Hey there!

Nothing should go wrong with the offline system update since you are essentially applying this update while bypassing the network requirement of a reset but it does all the same what a normal factory reset would and at this point we should try all of the
    options on the table.

If you follow that System update solution guide provided earlier, it should guide you through the whole process once you select "I need to update my console offline". Eventually you may need to try a full factory reset and if the issue continues you will
    then need to consider setting up the console for a repair.
Thema:

How to continue to use my console offline when update is required after factory reset?

1. How to continue to use my console offline when update is required after factory reset? - Similar Threads - continue console offline

2. My Xbox One will not continue its console update PLEASE HELP ME!!! it has been stuck for hours!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One will not continue its console update PLEASE HELP ME!!! it has been stuck for hours!: I started to update my Xbox One for a console update a little over 600 MB or so. I thought everything was normal, but it doesn't seem to be updating, I can hold the home button and the console...
  3. „To continue sign in on your console using this account" error message.

in XBoX on Windows
    „To continue sign in on your console using this account" error message.: Hi. Seems to be an old problem but it still popped up for me. I had no problems streaming to my Win 10 laptop untill a few days back. I can connect to my Xbox One but nothing further. Also, I...
  4. To continue, sign in on your console using this account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    To continue, sign in on your console using this account.: I had this problem where I clicked on 'stream' and I got the above message. I troubleshot with an expert gamer for 2 days, but no joy. THEN, I decided to disconnect my XBOX ONE X from my pc and...
  5. "To continue , sign in on your console using this account"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "To continue , sign in on your console using this account": this message has appeared and I cannot access my console through my Win10 pc which i have been doing for years. I am utilizing the Xbox Console Companion with no issue and now all of the sudden...
  6. To continue, sign in on your console using this account

in XBoX on Windows
    To continue, sign in on your console using this account: When I try to press the stream button in the Connect to your Xbox channel in the Xbox console companion app It tells me To continue, sign in on your console using this account I have tried...
  7. Xbox companion app tells me "To continue, sign in your console using this account" even...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox companion app tells me "To continue, sign in your console using this account" even...: So, for 2 hours now, it keeps saying that, even though I am logged with the same account both on my xbox one and on the companion app. d7c48e00-3115-4cc7-87d2-63b3f0de4948
  8. Accensione e spegnimento continuo della console [Edit - translation] - Continuous switching...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accensione e spegnimento continuo della console [Edit - translation] - Continuous switching...: Salve Di punto in bianco la mia console ha cominciato ad accendersi e spegnersi di continuo. Avvolte rimane accesa poi ricomincia anche durante il gioco. Ho provato anche a pulire il sensore di...
  9. XBOX ONE S .... THE CONSOLE FROZENS CONTINUOUSLY ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S .... THE CONSOLE FROZENS CONTINUOUSLY ...: he games are constantly frozen, it cannot connect online, I don't know what to do ... I regret having bought this console 2 years ago and it went well for a year and a half and then stopped...
  10. How do I continue to do Console Streaming with a new Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I continue to do Console Streaming with a new Xbox?: Just upgraded from the S to the X thanks to a Black Friday deal, but now I'm wondering how I can do console streaming from my new device. Anyone have any ideas? submitted by /u/ThinkFishTank...