How to delete cloud saves for Xbox 360 game from Xbox Series X console

Discus and support How to delete cloud saves for Xbox 360 game from Xbox Series X console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having some trouble and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm trying to delete my save data for the Xbox 360 version of Plants Vs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Eileen_, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Eileen_
    Eileen_ Guest

Hello, I'm having some trouble and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I'm trying to delete my save data for the Xbox 360 version of Plants Vs Zombies, as loaded onto an Xbox Series X console. I could tell you why, but involves a stubborn child. Go figure.

I have read the directions in the FAQ: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/cloud-game-saves-faq

However, when I go to the "Manage Game & AddOns" screen, the only option I have is to delete the "reserved space," and the description of this on the page says that it includes the save data. There is no option to delete locally vs in the cloud.

I did try deleting the reserved space. Then I re-launched the game, and the save data was loaded up just fine, and had clearly not been deleted from the cloud.

Is it possible to delete the cloud save data for an Xbox 360 game without going through an older console?

:)

Eileen_, Nov 6, 2021
  2. DonCalzone Win User

Saves on 360 to Xbox Series X?

3. Eileen_ Win User

Thanks for the idea! I did those steps, and it seems like it only deleted the local data and didn’t delete the progress in the cloud.

When I went to storage->profile, I had the option to delete “profile only” or “profile and items”, so I picked “profile and items”.

Then I had to sign in again and redownload the profile, and my save game progress was still there.

I also tried going to storage->saved games and deleted the relevant saved game from that menu, but once I started the game up and chose cloud save as the storage option, it must have downloaded it again since the save game progress was still there.

Side note - It’s pretty slick that the 360 interface is still hiding in the new consoles, kudos to the team for doing that work and keeping back compat!
  4. SammyVS Win User

I see. Looking for more details about the game I found that this game cannot reset progress. Game progress is saved on EA servers.

And I found that there is even a way in the EA forums to delete the progress but it is necessary to get in touch with them.

I don't know if they do this kind of procedure as the comment is from 6 years ago.

''You could try contacting customer services to try to wipe your account: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Here are the steps towards getting the proper help:

Select Plants vs. Zombies from the catalog.

Select your platform

For the topic, select "Game Play/In-Game"

For the type of issue, select "Requesting Stats Reset"

Describe your issue in the following box.

Contact the proper help listed on the next page.''

The easiest solution would be to play using another account.
  5. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you?
    Within the game press the view plus menu buttons together, go to storage>profile and delete only the saved data from your profile.

This will erase your progress which is stored in the cloud.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Storage

Hi Saalikh,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question on save data. If the console is an Xbox one all save data is automatically

saved to the cloud
    . Once you launch the game again it will get the save from the cloud by saying (syncing data for (name of game)).

If the console is an Xbox 360 and you enabled cloud saves then it will work same as Xbox one. If you haven't enabled cloud save, it will delete it completely.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. How to delete cloud saves for Xbox 360 game from Xbox Series X console - Similar Threads - delete cloud saves

2. how to delete cloud save files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to delete cloud save files: hi I was playing 7 days to die and haft of my base was gone. people on YouTube say you need to delete your local save files but i did that and my base was still gone...
  3. I am trying to delete 1 specific save from 1 specific game that force saved to cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to delete 1 specific save from 1 specific game that force saved to cloud...: So I've been playing Final Fantasy 13 and for some god awful reason the save game function is set to save new file by default. Meaning I have about 5 extra saves from random points in the game...
  4. Suggestion-allow cloud saves to be viewed, deleted or copied.

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestion-allow cloud saves to be viewed, deleted or copied.: As title suggests. This is an especially needed QOL change as i see a great deal of people struggling to delete the cloud saves from their xbox when the select “delete everywhere” submitted by...
  5. Impossible to Delete Cloud Saves?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Impossible to Delete Cloud Saves?: I cannot delete cloud saves on my Xbox One. Yes, I've followed instructions precisely from Xbox One articles. My Games and Apps. Click on Installed games. Now find the game for which you want...
  6. Deleting Cloud Game Saves on Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleting Cloud Game Saves on Windows: I have been playing games using the Game Cloud feature on PC with the Ultimate Gamepass as I don't have an Xbox Console and was wondering how I can delete save data. I.e with Viva Pinata Trouble...
  7. Deleting cloud saves of xbox360 game on xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleting cloud saves of xbox360 game on xbox One: LSS: I have tried every guide I can find on clearing the save game data for an Xbox360 game (DragonAge:Origins) on my Xbox One. It always resyncs with the cloud and I do not want the save game...
  8. How about the Ability to Delete Cloud Saves

in XboX Insiders
    How about the Ability to Delete Cloud Saves: I'm having an issue with cloud saves with Fable 2 on cloud gaming. All my save files are full of end game characters, and I can't delete any of them because it's in the cloud, and the game...
  9. Deleting old cloud save data on a PC game bought through the Microsoft Store and played...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleting old cloud save data on a PC game bought through the Microsoft Store and played...: Hi, I want to completely start over on Yakuza 0. I installed this game several months ago when I subscribed to Gamepass for PC. I have since cancelled that service, but took advantage of a sale...
  10. Delete cloud saves

in XBoX on Consoles
    Delete cloud saves: Hi everyone. I'm new to Xbox series S and I have a question, in case you could help me. It turns out that I want to restore my console to factory state. I've been doing some research and it seems...