how to develop an app like xbox game bar

Discus and support how to develop an app like xbox game bar in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to develop an app that can display on the current full screen games or any window. The functions and behavors are just like xbox game bar.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vincentli5, May 24, 2021.

1. Vincentli5
    Vincentli5 Guest

I want to develop an app that can display on the current full screen games or any window. The functions and behavors are just like xbox game bar. Anyone knows how xbox game bar is designed? game overlay? But It seems it doesn't care the game is developed by dx or opengl.

:)

Vincentli5, May 24, 2021
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

[PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background

Hi Alk,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with PTT on the Xbox Game Bar while in an Xbox Live party. I know it can be frustrating to have to open the overlay anytime you want to talk with friends using PTT. When did this issue start occurring?
    Did PTT on the Xbox Game Bar work as intended before a recent update to the Game Bar?

There may not be a solution if this feature has encountered a bug and the only way to fix it would be to report the issue to the program developers to look into the issue and introduce a fix in a patch. The best way to report this issue to the developers
    is to use the
    Feedback Hub app on Windows 10
    . Just search for the app in the search bar or install it from the Microsoft Store.

Any issues with the Xbox Game Bar or any gaming issues with the Xbox platform on Windows 10 should go through the Feedback Hub app if a know solution or workaround cannot be found.
  3. RyanDickey Win User

Game Bar and Xbox Companion Network bug

Game Bar and Xbox app conflict withneach other so bad. Once I installed Game Bar i had to remove Xbox App. But in the last two weeks Game Bar is working really bad. It refuses to let me join party chats. I send invites to party chat as well do not work.
    I tried to go back to xbox app since i can not tolerate half working software, and now Xbox app half works. No notification comes up at all for Xbox app but Game Bar persists even when i shut it of. I wanted uninstall Game Bar but you cant.

Game Bar is cool and all but not worth it. How do i get rid of it?
  4. Greg Carmack - Windo Win User

Xbox Game Bar

5. Kev7420 Win User

PTT does not work unless gamebar is opened

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with PTT on the Xbox Game Bar while in an Xbox Live party. I know it can be frustrating to have to open the overlay anytime you want to talk with friends using PTT. When did this issue start occurring?
    Did PTT on the Xbox Game Bar work as intended before a recent update to the Game Bar?

There may not be a solution if this feature has encountered a bug and the only way to fix it would be to report the issue to the program developers to look into the issue and introduce a fix in a patch. The best way to report this issue to the developers
    is to use the Feedback Hub app on Windows 10. Just search for the app in the search bar or install it
    from the Microsoft Store.

Any issues with the Xbox Game Bar or any gaming issues with the Xbox platform on Windows 10 should go through the Feedback Hub app if a know solution or workaround cannot be found.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4021566/windows-10-send-feedback-to-microsoft-with-feedback-hub-app
  6. AArdvark_76 Win User

taking screen captures on xbox one while streaming using xbox companion app

Captures work fine when not streaming. The problem is down to how the game bar and xbox console companion app work together . The game bar doesn't know what game I am streaming
Thema:

1. how to develop an app like xbox game bar - Similar Threads - develop app game

2. XBox App development

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox App development: I'm a researcher trying to assess teens video game usage. Right now we are stuck as a field relying on self-reports of teen video game use. But we have no objective measure of if teens actually...
  3. Developer Mode App installs but system update hasn't installed 2 weeks later

in XBoX on Consoles
    Developer Mode App installs but system update hasn't installed 2 weeks later: Brought a developer subscription and loaded the Dev mode application app. Have activated the app - it then says almost there - need to update your xbox. Its been at this stage for 2 weeks. Have...
  4. How can I get a comment to Microsoft Jigsaw (XBox Live) PC app developers to notify of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get a comment to Microsoft Jigsaw (XBox Live) PC app developers to notify of...: Due to an 8/4 update of Microsoft Jigsaw app on XBox Live for PC many people (Link) are stuck by a minimum resolution set within the application that is so low the graphics are too large to play...
  5. App do Modo Desenvolvedor Não ativa mais [Translate] Developer Mode APP no longer activates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App do Modo Desenvolvedor Não ativa mais [Translate] Developer Mode APP no longer activates: Ola eu tenho um problema com o meu app Dev Mode Activation que eu não consigo mais entrar no modo desenvolvedor por ele eu fico apertado para ele reiniciar e entrar no modo desenvolvedor e nada...
  6. Developer Mode - Game vs App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Developer Mode - Game vs App: What's the difference between setting an application as a Game vs an App in Developer Mode on an Xbox One? When I run my game as an App, everything boots normally, but then a cursor appears in my...
  7. Incentive for XBOX 360/ 1 console App Developers to make an app for finding stolen or lost ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incentive for XBOX 360/ 1 console App Developers to make an app for finding stolen or lost ...: We live in an age where honesty is only a word not a way of life for some of us. Recently my home was broken into and of course the electronics went with the perpetrator of the crime. Sure, I had...
  8. Allowing developers to require outside apps to access online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Allowing developers to require outside apps to access online: The Division Beta is the first time I've seen this and I'm not excited. I pay for Xbox Live because it's a unified experience. How did anyone think it's okay to allow developers to make games...
  9. When MS make it so developers port there app and games to the one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When MS make it so developers port there app and games to the one.: Would respark intrest to past XBL moble game makers to make LIVEable games? And it will make new relases cycle with the developers? Instead trying make ready same time with IOS and ANDRIOD. They...
  10. Hello I have a question about insider and advising developed mode app at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I have a question about insider and advising developed mode app at the same time?: hello I sm a insider preview program and a xbox beta tester. But my question is can I still be s insider preview program and develop advising console app at the same time? Or will those to not...