How to download game once its purchased?

Discus and support How to download game once its purchased? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi. Newbie here. I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 last night but couldn't download it because I kept getting a message that my Microsoft account was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by happy2bshopn, Sep 17, 2020 at 4:12 AM.

1. happy2bshopn
    happy2bshopn Guest

Hi. Newbie here. I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 last night but couldn't download it because I kept getting a message that my Microsoft account was not linked to a device and to please link the device to the account in order to download the game. After
    many frustrating hours of trying to figure that out, I gave up and went to bed. I'm a parent who is not computer savvy and this whole process has been a nightmare. I completed linking the PC to my Microsoft account today 9/16/20, but now when I sign into
    Microsoft and go to orders where my Minecraft game is there isn't a place to click on to start downloading it. Instead when I click on the game in my order history it takes me to Minecraft.net and back to the purchase page. I am not paying for this game again,
    the charge already went through my credit card so how do I download what I purchased? My account with Minecraft.net doesn't recognize that I have already bought the game so I can't download it from there either. Please give me step by step instructions. Thanks..

:)

happy2bshopn, Sep 17, 2020 at 4:12 AM
  2. Smwutches Win User

If it's asking for a device, that typically means it's looking for an Xbox to download the game to. Check your transactions at http://account.microsoft.com to make sure you bought
    "Minecraft for Windows 10" and not "Minecraft". If it doesn't say "for Windows 10" then it's the console version and can't be downloaded on the PC. If that is the case, you'll want to submit a refund request and then purchase the correct version of the game. https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

If it does say "for Windows 10", you'll want to open the Microsoft Store app on your PC and make sure you're signed in with the account that purchased the game (the account is listed in the top right). You can search for the game and it should give you an
    install option from the game's page on the store. Or at the top right you can also find a button for your library. The library will list any games/apps you have on the account and the game should be listed as Ready to Install and you can download it there.
  3. spiffy939 Win User

One-off download card fail - Borderlands 2

Yeah once the code is used you cannot re-enter it but you should "own" the game on that console now. Its a matter of finding how to download the game. Its a long shot but you could try the "games on demand" section and see if it lets you do the download
    for free.
  4. KNOCKOUTD4D Win User

Cant play downloaded Minecraft

its quite possible your losing files during the download process that are required to run the game not sure how that's possible but i would download the minecraft trial and try and go from there once it updates it'll recognize you have a full copy and go
    with that
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

Is it possible to sell back digital download games, or trade in for credit?

No its not you xan only refund a game if you made a purchase by mistake but once you peayed the game its no way to trade it back if its a digital download
  6. Capt Dax Win User

Can't download gears 5 ultimate edition.

Im having same issue everytine i download it, it says its downloading ultimate but then once done its the standard edition with mo extras.
    Same idk how to fix this hopefully it does give us the pre order bonuses and the ultimate edition
Thema:

1. How to download game once its purchased? - Similar Threads - download game once

2. Xbox Game Pass for PC wont download any games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC wont download any games: Im using Game Pass on my pc and half of the games on the launcher wont download and says my storage is full. I have 800 gigs free, i cant find any answers online. I tried download Microsoft Flight...
  3. purchases from marketplace in msfs2020 being charged but not downloading to game

in XBoX on Windows
    purchases from marketplace in msfs2020 being charged but not downloading to game: hi. i have tried to purchase 2 planes from the marketplace for msfs2020. both times i used paypal in game and the purchase was made but the game says the purchase failed. yet if i try to by them...
  4. My xbox one game I paid for and had downloaded on my console wont open! Happend after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one game I paid for and had downloaded on my console wont open! Happend after...: [img] [img] my State of Decay 2 game will not open after updating it says to renew my Game Pass I have never purchased Game Pass I have always had State of Decay 2 downloaded from the...
  5. So unable to download games that people i gameshare with

in XboX Insiders
    So unable to download games that people i gameshare with: As stated when I check the store it states I own the games but can't download them when I actually click on them and they don't show in my library. Is this a insider issue or is that just how they...
  6. Have Digital Ownership but cannot download the actual Game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have Digital Ownership but cannot download the actual Game?: Hi there! So I have got the Digital Ownership for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, but when I try and install the actual game itself, the Microsoft Store thinks I still haven't bought it. I...
  7. Can I buy a game for sale but download it another day

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I buy a game for sale but download it another day: Hi everyone, I have a question, hope you can help me. I want to buy call of duty advanced warfare because it is for sale, but at the moment I have no internet connection in my new house. I will...
  8. Already bought a game years ago on the Xbox 360, but it wont let me download it on the Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Already bought a game years ago on the Xbox 360, but it wont let me download it on the Xbox...: I have searched for weeks on how to get my xbox 360 games back, the closest I came to getting them back was through the purchase history however, since I bought it years ago I can't find it since...
  9. Ark game will not continue to download once you hit the ready to play bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark game will not continue to download once you hit the ready to play bar: Ark is not downloading or updating once you hit the bar that says game is ready to play. It first did thos during my update today and stopped at 89% and didnt budge, after I cancelled the update...
  10. How many games can you download at once on the Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many games can you download at once on the Xbox One?: Just wondering how many games can be downloading at once on the Xbox One? c1eb9003-e51d-4786-8a0a-e132f7b9ccf4